Pac/Vargas PPV undercard

The Can Opener

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
WBO junior featherweight champion Nonito “The Filipino Flash” Donaire, WBO featherweight champion “scar Valdez, and two-time Olympic gold medalist Zou Shiming will be featured support bouts on the November 5 PPV event headlined by the WBO welterweight world title fight between Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao and Jessie Vargas at the Thomas & Mack Center on the campus of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.

Donaire (37-3, 24 KOs) will be defending his world title belt against #1 contender and mandatory challenger Jessie Magdaleno (23-0, 17 KOs). Valdez (21-0, 18 KOs) will be making his first title defense against #1 contender and mandatory challenger Hiroshige Osawa (30-3-4, 19 KOs). Zou (8-1, 2 KOs) will battle Kwanpichit Onesongchaigym (39-1-2, 24 KOs) in a 12-round flyweight rematch between the two top-three world-rated contenders.

The fights will be officially announced next week by Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum at a press conference in Los Angeles next Tuesday.

From fightnews.

How the hell does Donaire have a belt? Since this is so close to the Kov/Ward fight I am worried it will hurt the ppv numbers of Kov/Ward pretty significantly. If you'd rather watch Pac fight Vargas... no comment.

Going to be a breakout win for Magdaleno. Ends Donaire's career.
Donaire is with TR and the WBO has a cozy relationship with Arum, that's why he has a belt.

Who is carrying that ppv? Will it be on live tv ? This is just such a stubborn move

Whenever an u defaced mentions several star fighters, none of whom is fighting each other, I know I'm being asked to buy a series of sparring sessions.

Back