Pablo Silva's or Rillion's - Houston BJJ Schools

Tiki Taka

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently moved to Houston from the east coast and was looking to get my bjj fix here.

I've visited Pablo Silva's school and Rillion's school. Both seem great and I'm having a tough time choosing one over the other!

Pablo's school seems to be very intense and competition-heavy. Oddly enough, he's very laid back and calm despite the intense work ethic. Everyone was very friendly and accomodating during my visits despite the fact that they're gearing up for a competition.

The professor at Rillion's is Luiz "Dentinho" and he seems super technical as well and incredibly friendly. The atmosphere seems more laid back in that it appears to have more hobbyists and less competitors. Very welcoming environment. I would say it's less physically demanding.

Anyone here currently enrolled in or have some experience at either/both of these schools? I'd appreciate any and all feedback.

I wish I could train at both as they are excellent for different reasons.

Thanks in advance!!

I would say decide whether you'd rather be a serious competitor or more of a hobbyist. Obviously you can do either one whichever location you choose, but a school focused on competition will make you a better competitor. I think it would be cool to have access to Rillion as he's seriously underrated in BJJ history and supposedly supremely technical.

Pablo Silva is one of the most underrated names in jiu jitsu, bar none.

I'll just throw out that if you're on the south side, Draculino's down there and there are few better coaches in the world. Not many people can say they've created multiple BB world champs, plus he's funny as hell.

I would say decide whether you'd rather be a serious competitor or more of a hobbyist. Obviously you can do either one whichever location you choose, but a school focused on competition will make you a better competitor. I think it would be cool to have access to Rillion as he's seriously underrated in BJJ history and supposedly supremely technical.

I guess I fall somewhere right in the middle. I like the possibility of training hard with serious and focused people as that would help me improve but without the pressure or expectation of having to compete all the time.

I'll just throw out that if you're on the south side, Draculino's down there and there are few better coaches in the world. Not many people can say they've created multiple BB world champs, plus he's funny as hell.
He's at the Gracie Barra in Webster, right? That seems a bit far, unfortunately.

And to the earlier point of having access to Rillion, I was told he comes visit from Miami every 3-4 months or so, for what it's worth...

Check out our new facility Tiki Taka

Also your name is really fun to say

Back