pablo popovitch

LMAOOO WTF silva really did that? that shouldn't have ruined his gym though wasnt pablos fault i could see losing a few but with his name and the right guy marketing for him

LMAOOO WTF silva really did that? that shouldn't have ruined his gym though wasnt pablos fault i could see losing a few but with his name and the right guy marketing for him
On one hand I think a situation like this would/should absolutely kill a school. Especially if a large portion of your student base are children. However, I also think you may be right about a good marketing strategy being able to weather it. I mean for god sakes, isn't Lloyd Irvin's brand surviving and showing real staying power?

Why have to endure the grind and rebuild a damaged student bsse when you can travel abroad make money and open a new school later on in a new location after everybody forgets that some psychopath almost shot up the last place

On one hand I think a situation like this would/should absolutely kill a school.
Are people in the us so concerned about a one of visit by some roidhead druggie piece of shit? It's not like it was a result of crime connections or something persistent?

Are people in the us so concerned about a one of visit by some roidhead druggie piece of shit? It's not like it was a result of crime connections or something persistent?
Its the casuals and parents of kid students that pays the bills. They aint sticking around after an incident like that. Once they're gone its curtains.

On one hand I think a situation like this would/should absolutely kill a school. Especially if a large portion of your student base are children. However, I also think you may be right about a good marketing strategy being able to weather it. I mean for god sakes, isn't Lloyd Irvin's brand surviving and showing real staying power?

well loyds was much dif int hat he is a dirty molester with a mustache and he tried to cover up his students sexually assaulting a female student and showed 0 remorse thats why everyone hates him

well loyds was much dif int hat he is a dirty molester with a mustache and he tried to cover up his students sexually assaulting a female student and showed 0 remorse thats why everyone hates him
That's kinda my point. If his brand can survive such a scandal, Im sure Pablo could've weathered his incident.

That's kinda my point. If his brand can survive such a scandal, Im sure Pablo could've weathered his incident.
Different situations. Both were afwul. The issue with pablo was once parents feel that their children are not safe they will instinctively pull their children from the situation. The event happened at the actual academy. With LI the actual assault happened "off campus" and while it shed a lot of light on his past and his character, it didnt take place in his facility. Parents are weird sometimes about turning a blind eye when it suits them.

I would love to have seen Silva knock Popovitch's block off in MMA!

Its the casuals and parents of kid students that pays the bills. They aint sticking around after an incident like that. Once they're gone its curtains.

Absolutely true. “It’s a one-off” is not a claim that parents of young kids will accept, apart from the most certain of circumstances.

Different situations. Both were afwul. The issue with pablo was once parents feel that their children are not safe they will instinctively pull their children from the situation. The event happened at the actual academy.

LI was having an actual fugitive (DJ Jackson) pick up kids with a bus for training. DJ plead guilty to supplying a teenage girl with alcohol and raping her (he took a lesser charge as a plea deal) and he fled to a different state.

Absolutely true. “It’s a one-off” is not a claim that parents of young kids will accept, apart from the most certain of circumstances.

Are schools closed down after school shooting?

If there was some sense that the school might be exposed to continuing violence relative to other schools, sure. It’s just rare that happens. And even if not, many parents would pull their kids if they had any choice in the matter. They usually don’t for schools, but they certainly do when paying for BJJ for their kids.

If there’s even a 1-2% chance of another incident, it’d be dumb to leave your kids there if you don’t have to.

The difference between the ecole and a sportercise shop is that you have ruling overlords who make sure you continue to send your kids to such conditioning institutes that they approve of and that they continue to stay open to receive; on the other hand, no one is forcing you to take bjj classes.

Last edited:
Nah bro..school closed. Look on yelp....Heard he moved to Abu Dhabi with his baby's mama(thiago slivas ex). They got a kid now and he teaches/trains in abu dhabi. Think his business took a hit after the Thiago Silva incident in his school(silva came with gun to shoot Pablo for fucking his wife and was gonna shoot him in front of a room full of students and parents of the kids).

this is exactly the type of crap I was talking about the other day and another thread saying that I'm glad that a lot of the thug vibe of Jiu-Jitsu his left. he used to be BJJ was filled with dudes like Thiago. Freaking maniacs that like to hurt people.

one of the things that I'm glad about with the popularization of jiu jitsu is that there are enough places that dummies like that will find somewhere else to train and not come into your gym anymore.

I remember way way back in the day, like 2003 or 4, my coach kicked a guy out because of racist prison tats. But the thing is he was actually training at our gym

a year or two ago this dude was trying to train with us and he started talking about dog fighting how he was a 3rd generation dog fighter and theyre just like MMA fighters that love to fight. Umm dude dogs getting their faces ripped off is not even the same thing.

anyway after he left I looked at my coach and I said I'm not training with that guy. People have options they can go somewhere else. Thiago strikes me as a dude I would want nothing to do with. Only trouble can come from an association with that type.

Okay sigh end of rant

LI was having an actual fugitive (DJ Jackson) pick up kids with a bus for training. DJ plead guilty to supplying a teenage girl with alcohol and raping her (he took a lesser charge as a plea deal) and he fled to a different state.

Shit, what a fucking scum bag if that was the real situation, how the hell didn’t he serve time?

Shit, what a fucking scum bag if that was the real situation, how the hell didn’t he serve time?
He fled before the warrant was served. Besides the surrounding states not many will extridite to iowa unless its a capital offence.

i wonder why he never tried to do mma his body type and style was perfect for it being super strong he even wrestled in usa in school and had a greattt top game i think he could have def made it to ufc and probably done well especially back in 2005-2011 when he was most active fighting at 170
What's wrong with you? Use punctuation marks.

Back