P4P McGregor > Jones ... easily

I'll state the facts again, no matter how you try to twist it Jones is already the GOAT and most of the MMA community recognize despite the fact they want to hate Jones, Jones has dragged the haters along kicking and screaming and eventually even they have had to admit it. The reason you have to post those stats so much is because most people think Jones is the GOAT.
Just for the record... i'm not a Jones hater... nor an over the top fanboy of any of the people in the legit GOAT convo. I'm more of a data analyzer in this discussion than anything. I really don't even care personally about who is GOAT. I'm fine saying all 5 of them are GOATs... & don't personally need to quantify which one is best. I have however seen the topic come up so much that I decided to give it a closer look... & this is what I came up with.

For title fights... he is tied with Spider, Mouse & GSP for title wins. (or close enough that it doesn't really make any difference) They're all right there together. On one hand you can argue that Bones had harder competition... but on the other, you can say that he beat a bunch of legends at the end of their prime. Which is actually visible in their records... so I'm calling it a tie right now.

Fedor is a bit more complicated of a discussion because he crushed so many canz on his Decade of prime fighting winz... but if you separate out his significant wins... he's right up there with the otherz... including wins against 4 UFC champs... 5 considering he beat Coleman twice... & 7 if you count Big Nog's UFC interim title. The others were contenders in pride though.

Andrei Arlovski
Tim Sylvia
Mark Hunt
Mark Coleman (twice)
Mirko Filipovic
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (twice)
Kevin Randleman
Kazuyuki Fujita (in his prime)
Renato Sobral
Ricardo Arona

So that's 12 wins against top competition... & this isn't even including those of honorable mention like Big Daddy, Matt Lindland, & Heath Herring

Not far behind the big 5 is Randy Couture with 9 title winz... but he spanned 2 divisions... so he actually gets bonus points for that which put him pretty close to the others.

@Threetrees

Arghhhhh... From what I seen: Conor current status is similar to JDS where he climb all the way with 0 lost to win the title.
But when he got tested:........

Same goes to Conor: he hasn't been tested in his own division yet. Nate is top 5, certainly not top 3 fighter. Beating Eddie is certainly big, but he need to defend it around 2-3 times, then he will be at least no3.

But still not enough to beat Jones and DJ, as both of them has left no more challenge in respective division. Even for FW division, we all know that Conor hasn't prove himself yet.

McGregor is a 2 division champ, that alone makes him better P4P. Jones has ducked and will continue to duck the HW division.

McGregor will fight anybody on short notice and has already done so against dangerous opponents.

Jon Jones ducked Chael Sonnen on short notice. Chael Sonnen.

A 5'9'' Jones against McGregor would get ko'ed in the first round.

A 6'5'' 84'' span Conor McGregor would KO Jones in less than 2 rounds.
p4p greats dont get subbed by Nate.. nor get rocked by Nate.
Jon Jones submits him easily in the first round even if Conor was a HW.
Why are you pretending like Mcgregor never fought against short notice opponents? He struggled against Chad and again, lost to Diaz.

As much as I don't buy into the McGregor hype, I can't deny the fact that he's never done the roids. Conor > Jones P4P

LHW is arguably the most competetive division, basically HW's that cut weight. Jones beat them all. Jones has title defenses, a lot of them. Jones is one of the most complete fighters in MMA ever.

Outside MMA though, Jones is a pos human being, and McGregor is, from what I've heard, not a total cunt unless you're a possible opponent.

However, Jones is the current p4p fighter, and it's not close, not to discount the waves upon waves of disruption and evolution Conor has brought to MMA by taking matters into his own hands and staying busy. I'd probably drop dead from exhaustion if I worked as hard as that guy.

I take issue most with this part. This is soo cartoonishwe have to review some reality here....

Jones would move far differently at 5'9", possibly blindingly fast, hard to predict.

Also, McGregor scaled would not have a 84 inch reach nor do I think it necessary for McG to be that tall....and yet again we have the issue of McGregor moving differently withhis body frame and style.

0 defenses = 0 / 10

FAIL

LmWkVKemSChxbIauJwct_Pool%20Trampoline%20Fail.gif

No need for defences when he is collecting souls.

Okay, let's just say for P4P sake if Conor and jones are the same size..... what the hell part of Conor's game do you think beats jones lol

It's a steadfast albeit unwritten rule in combat sports that you aren't legitimately the champ until you defend a title.

Conor = paper champ

Jones has nothing on Conor. It doesn't matter about title defenses, Conor has beaten more world beaters and wife beaters more than Jones ever did, that is fact

HW has a 60 pund range, making it much more dangerous than a move up to LW.

I like Conor. He did win a belt in two divisions. He did fight guys on short notice. He did get the W in the Nate rematch. And the ex plumber is about to be worth 100 mil at the age of 28. That is a lot for ANYONE to accomplish.

I even like his antics. You gotta know he is putting on a show when you see him do the smack talk. He can barely keep from smiling.

But I can't rank him PFP with the other big names, because styles make fights. And you need to defend against all different types of fighters when you are the champ. I said Conor was going to knock out Aldo, even though I consider Aldo a better fighter. And I said Conor was going to lose to Nate, even though Nate is not on Aldo's level. I doubt I would bet on any MMA fighter against Conor anymore, but it still has to be proven.
I hope that is a fair assessment.

Jones is better than Conor, no questions asked. Jones has never actually been beaten by means other than DQ and has won 10 times since he's won his title against 5 former UFC champs, Gus, DC, Sonnen, Glover and OSP.

Conor's a talented striker who rose through the ranks at 145, decided not to defend his title and then went up to 155. Basically the opposite of what BJ Penn did which is where Conor will probably be remembered in the GOAT conversation.

McGregor is a 2 division champ, that alone makes him better P4P. Jones has ducked and will continue to duck the HW division.

McGregor will fight anybody on short notice and has already done so against dangerous opponents.

Fuck off troll

I don't like Clownner but he's never been busted for steroids / estrogen blockers and has never had to resort to eye gouging to win fights. That and the fact he moved up puts him higher on the P4P list.

sure whatever.. When was the last time your p4p hero defended his title? OF course, never did!

Conor P4P most exciting fighter right now, but not P4P best fighter, actually far from it.

Conor with an 84" reach would be unbeatable on feet.

That is one of the reasons Jones does not impress me that much. Those long ass arms can reach from coast to coast. He is not that technically skilled, but his build lets him get away with things that shoudl'nt be possible. This is also why Gus has given him the best fight yet, if not outright beat him.

Last edited:
Back