P4P McGregor > Jones ... easily

Getting slapped like a bitch should instantly take a fighter out of the P4P discussion.

The Conor queens are too much. Conor is bigger the Eddie so really he was fighting where he should have been. I also have never seen Jones tap 3 times and turn his back and run in a fight. Jones is a complete fighter and Connie is one dimensional.

Irish McGregor fan here and calling bullshit on so many levels I don't even know where to start!

A 6"5 McGregor not only would be an inch taller than jones but would likely weigh 250lbs because he is heavier built than Jones. That comparison is beyond childish and I'd love to see some photoshop expert enlarge McGregor to 6"5 and put him beside Jones so you could see how stupid that statement is.

Belts don't mean shit, defences don't mean shit either so let's throw those arguments out and look at who they have beaten.

Jones has had a FAR superior career and only ever lost on a technicality/poor referee decision. DC x2, Machida, Shogun, Bader, OSP, Gus, Belfort, Sonnen, Evans

McGregor best Aldo, Mendes, holloway, Diaz

Pull your head out of your arse mate, it's fans like you who make people hate McGregor

Jones ped use disqualifies him. I thought we established this month's ago. End of discussion.

This is all just nonsense.

hey Bro.... I'm speaking to everyone moreso than I'm speaking just to you.

TS makes an excellent point about Jones being too much of a diva pussy to take a late replacement. They actually had to cancel a numbered ppv show just prior to the event when Chael waz right there ready to go. Jones shut it down. Thousands of people had to lose money on previously bought plane tickets... & their vacation week waz completely f*cked now that there waz no event for them to attend. Every fighter on the card paid for & did a full fight camp for the event just to be told it wasn't going to happen. The UFC likely ate a ton of money on refunding tickets, advertising, staff involvement... & they might even of still been stuck with the venue cost. I don't know... but Jones' pussy showing caused a hell of a lot of problems.

Now skip out of that to see McGregor at international fight week ready to fight for the title... when he's told it ain't gonna happen. He gave up his title shot to fight Chad. Everything waz on the line for him. If he lost... he would have to work his way back up... but he took it. He could've refused & still got his title shot down the road... & he did the same thing with the Nate fight when RDA backed out. Sure it all worked out in the end... but mac risked it to save those cardz. Even the most hard core member of the resistance has to recognize that.

Meanwhile f*cking Rumble won't take a late replacement on UFC 206 making it turn out to be the lowest PPV of the year... & so him & Jon are kiling all these events, & disapointing fanz that spent their hard earned money to attend only to find the main event has gone missing... or even the whole event!!!

This is something that everyone pushing around the GOAT conversation will have to consider & mark favorably in Conor's favor in the argument for the title of GOAT.

Obviously, he's not there yet... but with a win over Mayweather & another high profile win or 2 in MMA... including a 3rd belt... Conor will be in the discussion... & his willingness to take late notice fights will speak volumes against those pussies who refuse them.

imo

If you're going to factor buisness decisions, which is what the decision on whether or not to take a given fight on late notice ultimately is, in P4P crown Conor the GOAT now and get it over with, because he's the best buisness man in MMA history. Make Floyd undisputed GOAT of boxing as well.

If we're going to take the hypothetical P4P as it's meant to be, and people way overcomplicate this, and look at very simply who do we think is the BEST fighter skill and resume wise, Conor's not in the discussion right now. He has one of the best wins in MMA history in Aldo, and that's where his career peaked. The old saying "You have to defend to be champ" gets shit on, but it's relevant, there's a reason that people care about it - and that's because defending a title in any sport means that you proved that even when you were the one everyone was gunning for you still won, and doing it multiple times means on multiple occassions you fought THE BEST fighter not named you in your weight class and won, regardless of style, regardless if you had a bad night, regardless if they had their best night ever.

On Conor's worst night, he got tapped by an okay fighter who was a failed WW and a LW who was inconsistent to say the least. On Jones worst night he beat a guy who is going to go down as a top 10 LHW when it's all said and done in Gus. Jones and DJ have proven over and over and over that they can beat the best guy not named them in their class, and often in dominant shocking jaw dropping fashion. Conor's proven it all of once when he beat Aldo, twice if you include Eddie Alvarez who no one has argued is the best LW in the world since 2012.

Your hypothetical about Conor beating Floyd, which would be amazing, and win a third MMA belt which would be amazing, and win another one or two high profile fights against guys like Ferguson or Khabib is fine. I agree, if Conor beats Floyd, and comes back to MMA and wins a third weight class and defends a belt once or twice, then yes. He's not only the P4P best, he's the GOAT probably - and all of the arguments about him fighting anyone anytime (which has been disputed, but it's a good promotional angle) would hold merit. But he hasn't done any of that yet. He's probably a top 5 P4P fighter, maybe top 3. But we have two champions that have consistently proven that on any given night no mater who the opponent is, they're leagues above their divisions.

McGregor is a 2 division champ, that alone makes him better P4P. Jones has ducked and will continue to duck the HW division.

McGregor will fight anybody on short notice and has already done so against dangerous opponents.

Jon Jones ducked Chael Sonnen on short notice. Chael Sonnen.

A 5'9'' Jones against McGregor would get ko'ed in the first round.

A 6'5'' 84'' span Conor McGregor would KO Jones in less than 2 rounds.

He called out one of the biggest, strongest fighterse in the division he's ducking.

McGregor accepted short notice opponents who would advance him in the rankings, he has not been asked to take a short notice opponent in a no win situation.

McGregor has ducked defending titles and giving a long time dominant champion a rematch.

Jones has shown an iron chin and frustrated strikers who are supposedly better than him.

Jones has some of the best functional wrestling in MMA history along with vicious ground and pound and proven submission skills.

If you're going to factor buisness decisions, which is what the decision on whether or not to take a given fight on late notice ultimately is, in P4P crown Conor the GOAT now and get it over with, because he's the best buisness man in MMA history. Make Floyd undisputed GOAT of boxing as well.

If we're going to take the hypothetical P4P as it's meant to be, and people way overcomplicate this, and look at very simply who do we think is the BEST fighter skill and resume wise, Conor's not in the discussion right now. He has one of the best wins in MMA history in Aldo, and that's where his career peaked. The old saying "You have to defend to be champ" gets shit on, but it's relevant, there's a reason that people care about it - and that's because defending a title in any sport means that you proved that even when you were the one everyone was gunning for you still won, and doing it multiple times means on multiple occassions you fought THE BEST fighter not named you in your weight class and won, regardless of style, regardless if you had a bad night, regardless if they had their best night ever.

On Conor's worst night, he got tapped by an okay fighter who was a failed WW and a LW who was inconsistent to say the least. On Jones worst night he beat a guy who is going to go down as a top 10 LHW when it's all said and done in Gus. Jones and DJ have proven over and over and over that they can beat the best guy not named them in their class, and often in dominant shocking jaw dropping fashion. Conor's proven it all of once when he beat Aldo, twice if you include Eddie Alvarez who no one has argued is the best LW in the world since 2012.

Your hypothetical about Conor beating Floyd, which would be amazing, and win a third MMA belt which would be amazing, and win another one or two high profile fights against guys like Ferguson or Khabib is fine. I agree, if Conor beats Floyd, and comes back to MMA and wins a third weight class and defends a belt once or twice, then yes. He's not only the P4P best, he's the GOAT probably - and all of the arguments about him fighting anyone anytime (which has been disputed, but it's a good promotional angle) would hold merit. But he hasn't done any of that yet. He's probably a top 5 P4P fighter, maybe top 3. But we have two champions that have consistently proven that on any given night no mater who the opponent is, they're leagues above their divisions.
Stephen king has a sherdog account?

Despite all the hatred Jones gets on these boards even the haters know he's better P4P and it's not even close. Heck Jones is the GOAT of the entire sport.

Well said... Jones is definitely peaking out of the pack in the GOAT conversation... though he got more work to do in order to break out of the pack. & yeah, Mac has some work to do... but my point is that... at the level he's fighting at (ie... impossible to win fights one after another) & he keeps raising the bar & winning... if he keeps winning... he will not need the volume of wins that the other GOATs have... because the comparative level of competition he challenged himself with is so very much higher.

That's the point I was making.

& the title defense will come with time... he's just got bigger fish to fry atm.

he defended his FW belt in the Aldo fight. :D
icon_cheers.png
:D

Unfortunately these kind of threads have the opposite effect and create more McGregor haters.

Conor is P4P worst champion in UFC.

He'll almost certainly never come back to the UFC after the Mayweather fight. He'll never see that kind of money in MMA, he'll either continue to lose in boxing or just retire.

Despite all the hatred Jones gets on these boards even the haters know he's better P4P and it's not even close. Heck Jones is the GOAT of the entire sport.
I've put the stats up so many times I'm almost too weary to do it again atm.

Jones is just now peaking out of the top 5 GOATs... just barely. He's young & will likely move out ahead soon since most of the GOATs he's in competition with are retired or past their prime... but as we stand, he is basically in a 3 or 4 way tie if not just a fraction up. In no way has he run away with it yet though. I don't doubt it will happen... he's just got a bit more work to do.

We have folks who have an unhealthy obsession with CM and folks with an unhealthy bitterness towards CM...

Is there anybody other than myself who merely enjoys the story of Conor McGregor without proclaiming he is either God or MMA's only equal to CM Punk?

I've put the stats up so many times I'm almost too weary to do it again atm.

Jones is just now peaking out of the top 5 GOATs... just barely. He's young & will likely move out ahead soon since most of the GOATs he's in competition with are retired or past their prime... but as we stand, he is basically in a 3 or 4 way tie if not just a fraction up. In no way has he run away with it yet though. I don't doubt it will happen... he's just got a bit more work to do.
I'll state the facts again, no matter how you try to twist it Jones is already the GOAT and most of the MMA community recognize despite the fact they want to hate Jones, Jones has dragged the haters along kicking and screaming and eventually even they have had to admit it. The reason you have to post those stats so much is because most people think Jones is the GOAT.

Back