P4P goat is stupid, but can we agree on it for each weight class?

135: Cody
145: Conor
155: Conor
170: Conor *
185: Weidman
205: Manuwa
265: Cain

Man, i like penn, it doesnt havento take away from his greatness, i respect the hell out of him for keep fighting and staying clean, i do beleive he is clean.

But we're seeing him get fucked up so much recently, its gonna become his lasting image if he doesnt stop.
Meh...To who? He could lose a thousand more fights and he'd still be a two division champ who was not only wildly successful but also while performing at his best was undeniably one of the best to ever do it.

Put it this way, if GSP comes back and fights anyone of note outside McGregor, he's probably gonna get curbstomped...that won't tarnish what he did prior.

I do agree that P4P is totally stupid and makes me laugh how hard people hold on to a mythical thing.

I agree by en large with your best at each weight class list. That's the way they should be discussed

I think 155 is the only debatable one. I'd still probably pick Penn currently, but he isn't that far ahead of some of the other champs.

I agree with the res.

Losses don't take away victories when you're clearly over the hill...do they?

frankie slapped the shit outta baby jay on 3 separate occasions, 2 of which were when bj was in his prime.

frankie > penn.

I think 155 is the only debatable one. I'd still probably pick Penn currently, but he isn't that far ahead of some of the other champs.

I agree with the res.

frankie beating him thrice makes penn lw goat?

FlW: Demetrious
BW: N/A (Cruz? Meh. Fought to a draw by Dillashaw (fuck the judges) and whooped by Cody)
FW: Aldo
LW: N/A (Benson?, Penn?)
WW: GSP
MW: Silva
LHW: Jones
HW: N/A (SHould have been Cain but too much altitude plus innjury. Now the Stipe may have chance)

Honestly I think lightweight is the least definitive to determine who the best was but gun to my head I'm gonna say penn. Every other weightclass more or less has a definitive #1 ever.

frankie slapped the shit outta baby jay on 3 separate occasions, 2 of which were when bj was in his prime.

frankie > penn.
And? You think most people consider Frankie the #1 lightweight of all time?

GSP and Matt Serra are 1 and 1...GSP equals Serra. Ah, noooo... that's retarded. Like you Carl:)

And? You think most people consider Frankie the #1 lightweight of all time?

GSP and Matt Serra are 1 and 1...GSP equals Serra. Ah, noooo... that's retarded. Like you Carl:)

yes, somehow serra and gsp being 1 and 1 is the exact same as edgar beating pen three times. exactly teh same.

any why dropping the 'r' card homie? isnt necessary and isnt teh insult people think it is. it is 2017.

145: aldo (Conor has no defenses in the weight class. Weidman beat the GOAT middleweight and has title defenses but that does not make him MW GOAT)
Holloway > Conor in FW all time rankings.

I'd like to see someone list the GOATs of each height at one inch increments.

Conor McGregor 145/155/170

The only real answer.

giphy.gif

yes, somehow serra and gsp being 1 and 1 is the exact same as edgar beating pen three times. exactly teh same.

any why dropping the 'r' card homie? isnt necessary and isnt teh insult people think it is. it is 2017.
I didn't say they were the same Carl. And I'm sorry for calling you retarded.

Fighters like DC, Anderson, Penn and Conor should also be given credit for having great wins at 1 or more weight classes above.

Aldo and MM have a great defense record but are afraid of stepping up.

The P4P debate can go on forever without a definitive answer, but the greatest in each weight class might be unanimous considering how young MMA is

125: MM
135: Cruz
145: aldo (Conor has no defenses in the weight class. Weidman beat the GOAT middleweight and has title defenses but that does not make him MW GOAT)
155: prodigy
170: GSP
185: Anderson
205: JBJ
HVY: fedor

Any dispute?

All those guys have said "Fedor is the GOAT".

Thats the reason Fedor is considered to be the p4p GOAT.

Back