P4P #1 fighting in 2 days!

aries

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Thought I'd post this as it could easily be forgotten in all the buzz happening due to the Wilder Fury epic. The consensus P4P #1 boxer in the world, Vasyl Lomachenko is taking on his first fight after major shoulder surgery and a long lay off. Does his opponent Pedraza have any chance against 'Hi-tech' or is this going to be a onesided beat down?

Pedraza says he's been studying two of Lomachenko's hardest fights: Salido and Linares in order to concoct a strategy to beat the Ukrainian wizard. It will be Pedraza's 4th fight this year so he'll have a bit of momentum coming into this fight but he's a pretty big underdog. But he's no mug, he also holds the WBO title which Loma hopes to add to his collection.

Here are Pedraza's thoughts on his upcoming bout:
https://www.boxingscene.com/pedraza-studied-salido-linares-fights-lomachenko-clash--134365

Lomachenko is looking at this fight as a nice easy comeback fight post-injury. Hopefully, his shoulder will hold up as by all accounts the surgery went well and recovery has been uneventful. But shoulders are one of the least stable joints on the human body so there is always an if.

Anyway even if his opponent is widely overmatched I still look forward to seeing Lomachenko in action again working his magic in just two days.

You meant to say the best #2 is about to become #1 in 2 days.

I give Loma’s Unification against Pedraza over Crawford’s win against Horn or Benavidez Jr.

I’m happy as well. Personally for me, I want Loma over Crawford. He deserves it, and TC don’t have a better resume than Loma.

Anything short of Loma stopping this guy easily would surprise me. Don't see Pedraza being a threat at all. Loma usually waits a round or two before destroying a fighters hope altogether. Hopefully he gets a quick finish here as he easily should be able to do.

You meant to say the best #2 is about to become #1 in 2 days.

I give Loma’s Unification against Pedraza over Crawford’s win against Horn or Benavidez Jr.

I’m happy as well. Personally for me, I want Loma over Crawford. He deserves it, and TC don’t have a better resume than Loma.
No I'm going by Ring who have Lomachenko at #1 P4P. But we both agree that he should be #1 if he puts on a good performance against Pedraza.

No I'm going by Ring who have Lomachenko at #1 P4P. But we both agree that he should be #1 if he puts on a good performance against Pedraza.

He will beat Pedraza which is why I’m amped. After this he will undeniably be P4P with all industry.

He will beat Pedraza which is why I’m amped. After this he will undeniably be P4P with all industry.
I hope so but boxrec have him as low as #5 P4P so a win here might not be enough to get him to #1 with them. But the Ring, TBRB, BWAA and ESPN all have him at #1 already.

I hope so but boxrec have him as low as #5 P4P so a win here might not be enough to get him to #1 with them. But the Ring, TBRB, BWAA and ESPN all have him at #1 already.

Boxrec’s point system is great, but there’s loopholes because it doesn’t calculate opponents beaten by theory, only where fighters stand in realtime if active. In other words, Canelo’s win over Cotto, and how he performed elevated P4P which boxrec could care less of.

Boxrec’s point system is great, but there’s loopholes because it doesn’t calculate opponents beaten by theory, only where fighters stand in realtime if active. In other words, Canelo’s win over Cotto, and how he performed elevated P4P which boxrec could care less of.
Yeah makes sense. Seems like they were trying to do something more objective but P4P is a bit too complex for that.

Back