P.T. Anderson is the best Director now.

Prime Rib

Au jus Belt.
Banned
Reaction score
"Boogie Nights" was amazing. "Magnolia" is a sweet gem. "Punch Drunk Love" was tolerable.

"There Will Be Blood". That one ranks right up there with "Goodfellas".

Thoughts?

Loved Boogie Nights. Really disliked Magnolia. There Will Be Blood was a slight bit of torture to get through. Give me a QT movie anytime.

Loved Boogie Nights. Really disliked Magnolia. There Will Be Blood was a slight bit of torture to get through. Give me a QT movie anytime.

If you didn't like "Magnolia"......skip to the next thread....amazing movie.

I've only seen Boogie Nights, Magnolia and TWBB but they were all pretty good. Magnolia was the standout

"There Will Be Blood".........best scene.....

How do you compare There will be blood to Goodfellas?

Dunno but Scorsese got the better DDL performance by far in terms of who has directed him..

AlarmingHastyAidi-max-1mb.gif

"Boogie Nights" was amazing. "Magnolia" is a sweet gem. "Punch Drunk Love" was tolerable.

"There Will Be Blood". That one ranks right up there with "Goodfellas".

Thoughts?

Those movies are great but Phantom Thread was the worst movie I have seen in years. The Master wasn’t very good either.

Boogie Nights is a top 5 film of the 90s IMO and There Will Be Blood is DDL’s best film. I have only seen Magnolia once and forgot most of it except for when it rained toads.

Those movies are great but Phantom Thread was the worst movie I have seen in years. The Master wasn’t very good either.

Boogie Nights is a top 5 film of the 90s IMO and There Will Be Blood is DDL’s best film. I have only seen Magnolia once and forgot most of it except for when it rained toads.
both Phantom Thread & The Master are masterpieces you dingus

Magnolia was probably too much for your brain. Too many characters to keep up with. I understand.

He was once great.

"The Master" was awful, and "Inherent Vice" was a complete waste of time. Perhaps he pulled his bootstraps up for "Phantom Thread", and created something artistic and palatable, rather than disappear up into his own pretentious artsy fartsy asshole, like he did with those other two flicks.

Everything that came before "The Master" was legit though.

Back