Ozzy preforms bark at the moon, during the eclipse

sverre054

The Juggernaut Viking
Platinum Member
Reaction score

Ozzy Osbourne preformed a rare daytime concert, and opens the show to perfectly coincide with the eclipse. He opened the show with Bark at the moon, and it is epic.

I love Ozzy. I have seen him live over 10 times, solo and with Sabbath. He's nearly 70 and still puts on a great show, and still sounds pretty damn good.

Yeah that was awesome. Seen the guy a dozen times too. All his guitarists were great and BATM is an awesome track.

I think he should've played Waiting for Darkness first, and then kicked into BATM when the eclipse reached umbra.

Cool vid. Who's playing with him these days? Is it his old crew or does he have a bunch of 20 year olds in the band?

Cool vid. Who's playing with him these days? Is it his old crew or does he have a bunch of 20 year olds in the band?
Zakk Wylde just rejoined the Band.

Zakk on guitar, Blasko on bass, Tommy on drums. All long time Ozzman vets

Good to hear. Ozman making jobs in 2017!
Sounds like they will be starting a new album soon. Ozzy says now he won't retire, because his dad retired and died a few months later. He thinks working will keep him alive.

Ozzy Osbourne preformed a rare daytime concert, and opens the show to perfectly coincide with the eclipse. He opened the show with Bark at the moon, and it is epic.

I love Ozzy. I have seen him live over 10 times, solo and with Sabbath. He's nearly 70 and still puts on a great show, and still sounds pretty damn good.

I was an enormous Ozzy and Black Sabbath fan in high school. I saw his solo act once for Ozzfest in the 2000's.

I saw him with Black Sabbath in their recent tour.

Personally, I preferred his solo act even though I have always been partial to Black Sabbath's music. Maybe my perception at this point in my life has something to do with it, but It was just very clear to me that, when I saw Sabbath recently, I was catching Ozzy and Sabbath at the tail end of their careers. I probably would have had enjoyed a Sabbath show much more in the 70's (if I had a time machine).

Last edited:
Jake's solos on that song are some of the first guitar solos that made me want to play.
Awesome

Zakk Wylde just rejoined the Band.

Zakk on guitar, Blasko on bass, Tommy on drums. All long time Ozzman vets

I remember the first time he announced retirement after the No More Tears album. I remember being very depressed over that. lol I don't want to see him retire (especially if he will be making music with Zakk Wylde again). He has been a staple for metal music for so many decades. No other music career has been quite like his.

I remember the first time he announced retirement after the No More Tears album. I remember being very depressed over that. lol I don't want to see him retire (especially if he will be making music with Zakk Wylde again). He has been a staple for metal music for so many decades. No other music career has been quite like his.
The thing is Ozzy has actually been sounding better the past few years, then he did in 2000-2012ish. He even looks younger. Wouldn't surprise me to see a new Ozzy album next year, and a decent arena tour. I do miss good old Ozzfest, but I think that would be tough to do these days, due to the lack of support in the music business towards the smaller bands.

The thing is Ozzy has actually been sounding better the past few years, then he did in 2000-2012ish. He even looks younger. Wouldn't surprise me to see a new Ozzy album next year, and a decent arena tour. I do miss good old Ozzfest, but I think that would be tough to do these days, due to the lack of support in the music business towards the smaller bands.

"Down to Earth" and "Scream" were easily his two worst albums, so I basically agree with that. I did like "Black Rain" though.

Pretty cool I guess. Slightly less tacky than Bonnie Tyler singing Total Eclipse of the Heart during totality.

It sounds awful, and 70s Black Sabbath music was as good as it got sometimes. What that is in the video is just noise compared to some of those amazing albums.

Saw him with Black Sabbath in 2014. He was out of tune for the whole duration of the concert, but doesn't matter, saw Tony Iommi live !

Ozzy's music really influenced me big time I don't think any metalhead can disrespect what he has brought to the table.

I mean the guy sang for Black Sabath arguably the first Heavy Metal band the one that started all these Heavy Dark Music Genre and in the early 80s went solo and introduce us to Guitarists like Randy Rhoads, Brad Gilis, Jake E. Lee and Zack Wyled.

And damn this concert is sick!!! Plays Bark at the Moon during the eclipse and follows it with Mr.Crowley this is some occult shit!!!!!

Jake's solos on that song are some of the first guitar solos that made me want to play.
Awesome

His rhythm chops on that song are also killer.

Jake was my favorite Ozzy guitarist. He got the shaft, big time. Wrote every single guitar lick on the BATM record and was denied any writing credit whatsoever by Ozzy and Sharon.

His rhythm chops on that song are also killer.

Jake was my favorite Ozzy guitarist. He got the shaft, big time. Wrote every single guitar lick on the BATM record and was denied any writing credit whatsoever by Ozzy and Sharon.
He's been a total dick about credits and so has his wife. It's been shameless.
Can you think of another "artist" who so badly wanted to screw the musicians who created his platinum album selling music, he was willing to reissue those records with instrument tracks re- recorded by studio musicians?

Back