OVERWATCH, v5: The Wicked Witch is Dead

Who is everyone maining?

What kinda metas are y'all seeing?

How is the season going?

Who is everyone maining?

What kinda metas are y'all seeing?

How is the season going?
Just did my first ever PC placements and landed low gold. Gained about 100 SR the next night so climbing doesn't seem impossible, though admittedly I haven't played comp since that night, so maybe I'm in a for a downward spiral.

On XB I was mostly a healer main, instalocking Moira or Zen but I was doing a lot of Orisa at the end. For PC I decided to just be a "fill" player. I let everyone else make their picks and then I fill with whatever I think would be most helpful. This usually means I'm Zen, but I get to do a little tanking on occasion. Maybe its because I'm filling, but so far I can't really complain about the team comps I've been getting, usually the classic 2-2-2. I do get a lot of widowmakers, but they've been performing well enough to justify the pick.

As far as the meta, in low gold I'm seeing a lot of Moira and Dva, but then it varies wildly beyond those two.

I too, am a filler. Selfless to the bitter end. Lol

Zen is the living legend, all around one of the most useful heros. You can't really go wrong with him.

I placed in low gold and had a terrible start now I am about 2 wins away from plat again. Really trying to make diamond this season.

As a filler I am playing healers and tanks.
I am doing pretty bad with mo this season so far, not sure why.

Doing great with Lucio and zen.

But mostly I have been filling tanks. I am really good at dva, so I always do well with her.
Orissa has the most indirect impact of just about any hero. So it's easy to keep a high winning rate with her.
I always start the season really well with Reinhardt, but I get real sick of playing Mr Bentley real quick.
Enjoying Winston a lot.

I started the season with most of my games having 4+dps, but recently thing's have been more balanced.

Sombra, doomfist, and Mei have made almost no impact since their buffs

Just did my first ever PC placements and landed low gold. Gained about 100 SR the next night so climbing doesn't seem impossible, though admittedly I haven't played comp since that night, so maybe I'm in a for a downward spiral.

On XB I was mostly a healer main, instalocking Moira or Zen but I was doing a lot of Orisa at the end. For PC I decided to just be a "fill" player. I let everyone else make their picks and then I fill with whatever I think would be most helpful. This usually means I'm Zen, but I get to do a little tanking on occasion. Maybe its because I'm filling, but so far I can't really complain about the team comps I've been getting, usually the classic 2-2-2. I do get a lot of widowmakers, but they've been performing well enough to justify the pick.

As far as the meta, in low gold I'm seeing a lot of Moira and Dva, but then it varies wildly beyond those two.
Not a surprise to see a lot of Moira and D.Va. D.Va is the most picked hero in the game across all ranks. Moira is being played by a lot of the former Mercy mains.

Competitive in this game absolutely sucks. Like 75% of games have either leavers, throwers, smurfs or generally toxic players. I just wanna play a fucking 6 on 6 mode where everyone is trying to win.

Competitive in this game absolutely sucks. Like 75% of games have either leavers, throwers, smurfs or generally toxic players. I just wanna play a fucking 6 on 6 mode where everyone is trying to win.
Got my placements done, ended up in low Gold, got out of dodge. Don't have the patience for two games with the same people. Been on that Vermintide 2 train all month.

Overwatch probably has the worst playerbase I've ever seen.

Got my placements done, ended up in low Gold, got out of dodge. Don't have the patience for two games with the same people. Been on that Vermintide 2 train all month.

Wtf is vermintide 2?

Wtf is vermintide 2?
It's a melee focused Left 4 Dead style game with RPG elements. I played the first one alone for a long time and now the sequel just came out and I conned my friends into getting it.

It's a melee focused Left 4 Dead style game with RPG elements. I played the first one alone for a long time and now the sequel just came out and I conned my friends into getting it.

Ah for sure, might have to give it a try then

Sometimes the Sr system will really leave me scratching my head. I had a game, where the other team had had more Sr than us meaning that they were favored.

We we totally destroyed them the first round, and then the second round we had one leaver in the beginning, and then a second leaver at the end. And we still won without them even capturing the second point.

I went like 36 and 3 with Winnie and Orissa Winspree and I am thinking I am going to be rolling in Sr.

Underdog, 2 leavers, great numbers.

22 Sr.

xQc’s punishment was the most severe by some way, a $4,000 fine and a suspension for four matches.

Is it absolute that he was guilty? He is giving another explanation and says he's not guilty.
Well there are chat logs of him spamming the TriHard emote when Malik appeared on screen and on his stream he was calling how other players played 'retarded' and I think it was on Twitter that he called the casting cancer.

It seems a bit excessive to me, but they're trying to send a message about how you're supposed to behave while representing their brand. He needs to learn a filter about what to say and when and they'll stop fining him.

Dallas as an organization caved too. His suspension wasn't supposed to start this week but they sat him in a game they really needed to win yesterday.

Edit: they granted him his release so he can focus on his stream, which is what he seemed more into anyways.

Last edited:
xQc’s punishment was the most severe by some way, a $4,000 fine and a suspension for four matches.

Is it absolute that he was guilty? He is giving another explanation and says he's not guilty.

xQc absolutely got the short end of the stick when it came to severity of punishment, but it's hard to feel bad for a guy who can't get out of his own way. The fact that he was openly talking about quitting couldn't have helped his case, either.

I don't blame Dallas management, though. From their standpoint, they've got a stud of a main tank to build their team around... and yet they can't play him because he keeps getting into trouble.

The plus side for him is that he's still an impact player and some other teams might be willing to risk him getting into more foolishness at the potential of having a tank like him around to compliment the rest of the team. SF for example could really use someone like him.

He makes more money streaming. I don't think he even wanted the responsibility of playing in OWL.

Yeah, it's really hard to act responsible and not like a complete tool for some people.

Back