Overwatch Official Discussion, v4: Doomfist Me, Daddy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always join chat, I always laugh my ass off when some pleb immediately says “can you switch off Hanzo?”

nano hanzo op

only 3 kills and no emote

giphy.gif

After dropping to the 2500s by one-tricking Moira, a sweet Earth Shatter got me a mediocre POTG and back into Diamond.

feelsgoodman.png

Last edited:
It's been awhile since I checked in on this thread. Man, I've been playing Moira almost exclusively since she dropped. A very, very fun support character to play. Only issue I seem to have is sometimes I catch myself focusing more on dps than healing much to the dismay/annoyance of my team. I'm getting better at playing her with a more balanced approach though.

She's a very good off-healer but you'll almost certainly lose against a half decent team if she's solo healing. She's best utilitzed when you can pair her with another support character.

What do you guys think of Moira so far?

Also Jeff is starting to drop Hero 27 hints already. Weird considering Moira just dropped. Any speculation guys?

He said Hero 27 has already been previously hinted at in OW lore.

It's been awhile since I checked in on this thread. Man, I've been playing Moira almost exclusively since she dropped. A very, very fun support character to play. Only issue I seem to have is sometimes I catch myself focusing more on dps than healing much to the dismay/annoyance of my team. I'm getting better at playing her with a more balanced approach though.

She's a very good off-healer but you'll almost certainly lose against a half decent team if she's solo healing. She's best utilitzed when you can pair her with another support character.

Moira can take her damage orb balls and ram them up her ass

Moira can take her damage orb balls and ram them up her ass

Pretty much. The fact that the ball can kill you is fucking stupid. It should not be that strong.

I haven't played her much, but I will say that I dislike playing against her most of the time. I find her to basically be the support version on Junkrat, you're mainly going to be spamming. She also almost forces someone to play D'va, since Defense Matrix is one of the few reliable counters to her orb spam.
Also Jeff is starting to drop Hero 27 hints already. Weird considering Moira just dropped. Any speculation guys?

He said Hero 27 has already been previously hinted at in OW lore.
As long as it's not another builder I don't really care what the next hero is. Oh and the character not having auto-aim would be fucking amazing.

I haven't played her much, but I will say that I dislike playing against her most of the time. I find her to basically be the support version on Junkrat, you're mainly going to be spamming. She also almost forces someone to play D'va, since Defense Matrix is one of the few reliable counters to her orb spam.

As long as it's not another builder I don't really care what the next hero is. Oh and the character not having auto-aim would be fucking amazing.
I wouldn't mind them doubling up with another new support hero but it's highly unlikely. I'd also love it would be a tank but I'm thinking they'll introduce a defense character since there have been no new defense since the game launched.

She's my new main and I've been pretty much one-tricking her except for very few exceptions (for example, we're having the final overtime fight in 2CP and I need to get on the point ASAP, so I'll swap to Lucio; he's less impactful, but sometimes it's better to give less support now than more support later.).

As I said in my previous post, I lost hundreds of SR on her while trying to learn her ways. Took me a bit, but I was able to put together a few rules for myself when playing her (but there are always exceptions):

1. Biotic Orb. The healing orb is too valuable. If all other factors are equal, the team with the damage-orb Moira will lose to the team with the healing-orb Moira based on numerical impact alone (200 damage vs 300 healing). I will use a single damage-orb during the poking phase for the quick 10% ult charge, depending on the map, if I'm certain I can have the cooldown back up by the time shit hits the fan. A notable exception though is ALWAYS throw a damage orb into a Symmetra nest if you can get the angle. You won't destroy the Tele/Gen, but you'll clear all the turrets and give your teammates a better chance of getting in there to finish the job. And if your team is relatively topped off on healing, throwing a damage orb into a Graviton isn't the worst move in the world either.

2. Damage Beam: my prime targets are the mobile squishies, such as Genji and Tracer and I make it my responsibility to peel for the other healer. I used to one-trick/main Zen and remember full well what's it like to have a Tracer or Gengu all over me, so as soon as I see my co-healer in trouble, I throw a heal orb their way and take on the flanker. Moira doesn't have the raw damage to finish off a flanker unless they flubbed their cooldowns, but she does have the sustainability to often grind them down and force a retreat. Another favorite target is Dva; it's so easy to completely replenish your heal-juice, as you drain through the Defense Matrix.

3. Heal Beam: It's a heal-over-time, so I try to always remember to just do quick, frequent splashes unless shit gets really hairy and I'm white-knuckling it. And when you need to top people off between fights, try to do it with the heal-orb instead and save that precious heal-juice.

4. Fade: I never use it to get in; I only use it to get out. Even if I'm walking back from spawn, I try to hold on to it in case there's a spawn-camper aroundThis is the cooldown I try to keep the closest eye on and never use unless it's absolutely necessary; which for the most part is only when I hear an ult or I'm getting dived.

5. Coalescence: I don't treat it like an ult. It's impact is low enough and it replenishes quickly enough that I treat it like a long cooldown ability (a la new Rez). I won't hesitate to pop it if I see one of my tanks on the verge of getting taken down. Like the biotic orb, its healing is more valuable than its damage ( 70 vs 140 plus another 50 for yourself). All other factors being equal, the Moira that prioritizes the damage will be on the losing end vs the Moira who maximizes healing.

Got a long way to go with her, but she feels amazing to play. She's not mechanically demanding (which is good, because I have the hand-eye coordination of a drunk junebug, otherwise I'd play DPS), but it's very easy to play her incorrectly if your positioning, awareness and prioritization is out-of-whack, and it's thanks to all the awful DPS Moiras out there that I've been able to gain almost 500 SR via performance based SR modifiers once I started to understand her. So all in all, we clicked and she's been very good to me. So I decided to get her the golden gauntlets and nails to show her my appreciation.

I like Moira, my team gets prettt triggered though that I never heal them. I’m a strictly DPS Moira.

She's my fave support by far. I think it's fine to focus on damage until the resl fighting starts, I consider harassment her core purpose. Bouncing balls down hallways sets the team up for easier kills, and her right-click is great for killing those pesky Lucios and Genjis. Her ult is a gamebreaker if things line up right, just such a complete kit. I was having problems remembering I had an escape early on, but now its pretty fluid.

She's my fave support by far. I think it's fine to focus on damage until the resl fighting starts, I consider harassment her core purpose. Bouncing balls down hallways sets the team up for easier kills, and her right-click is great for killing those pesky Lucios and Genjis. Her ult is a gamebreaker if things line up right, just such a complete kit. I was having problems remembering I had an escape early on, but now its pretty fluid.
Moira bless.

She's my new main and I've been pretty much one-tricking her except for very few exceptions (for example, we're having the final overtime fight in 2CP and I need to get on the point ASAP, so I'll swap to Lucio; he's less impactful, but sometimes it's better to give less support now than more support later.).

As I said in my previous post, I lost hundreds of SR on her while trying to learn her ways. Took me a bit, but I was able to put together a few rules for myself when playing her (but there are always exceptions):

1. Biotic Orb. The healing orb is too valuable. If all other factors are equal, the team with the damage-orb Moira will lose to the team with the healing-orb Moira based on numerical impact alone (200 damage vs 300 healing). I will use a single damage-orb during the poking phase for the quick 10% ult charge, depending on the map, if I'm certain I can have the cooldown back up by the time shit hits the fan. A notable exception though is ALWAYS throw a damage orb into a Symmetra nest if you can get the angle. You won't destroy the Tele/Gen, but you'll clear all the turrets and give your teammates a better chance of getting in there to finish the job. And if your team is relatively topped off on healing, throwing a damage orb into a Graviton isn't the worst move in the world either.

2. Damage Beam: my prime targets are the mobile squishies, such as Genji and Tracer and I make it my responsibility to peel for the other healer. I used to one-trick/main Zen and remember full well what's it like to have a Tracer or Gengu all over me, so as soon as I see my co-healer in trouble, I throw a heal orb their way and take on the flanker. Moira doesn't have the raw damage to finish off a flanker unless they flubbed their cooldowns, but she does have the sustainability to often grind them down and force a retreat. Another favorite target is Dva; it's so easy to completely replenish your heal-juice, as you drain through the Defense Matrix.

3. Heal Beam: It's a heal-over-time, so I try to always remember to just do quick, frequent splashes unless shit gets really hairy and I'm white-knuckling it. And when you need to top people off between fights, try to do it with the heal-orb instead and save that precious heal-juice.

4. Fade: I never use it to get in; I only use it to get out. Even if I'm walking back from spawn, I try to hold on to it in case there's a spawn-camper aroundThis is the cooldown I try to keep the closest eye on and never use unless it's absolutely necessary; which for the most part is only when I hear an ult or I'm getting dived.

5. Coalescence: I don't treat it like an ult. It's impact is low enough and it replenishes quickly enough that I treat it like a long cooldown ability (a la new Rez). I won't hesitate to pop it if I see one of my tanks on the verge of getting taken down. Like the biotic orb, its healing is more valuable than its damage ( 70 vs 140 plus another 50 for yourself). All other factors being equal, the Moira that prioritizes the damage will be on the losing end vs the Moira who maximizes healing.

Got a long way to go with her, but she feels amazing to play. She's not mechanically demanding (which is good, because I have the hand-eye coordination of a drunk junebug, otherwise I'd play DPS), but it's very easy to play her incorrectly if your positioning, awareness and prioritization is out-of-whack, and it's thanks to all the awful DPS Moiras out there that I've been able to gain almost 500 SR via performance based SR modifiers once I started to understand her. So all in all, we clicked and she's been very good to me. So I decided to get her the golden gauntlets and nails to show her my appreciation.

Awesome Moira guide man. I like her a lot, been playing her almost exclusively in comp and I'm going to have to refer to this as I'm looking to build SR with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back