Overwatch Official Discussion, v4: Doomfist Me, Daddy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaper is my best character, so its not as bad as it could be (except when they have a Pharah), but I still feel like I have to chase his fat ass halfway across the level pumping clips into him before he dies.

That’s probably because they are doing everything they can to get away from you. A reaper who knows what he’s doing well take roadhog out so quick if they aren’t paying attention.

Good shit, man. Who are you playing? And what did you start doing differently to help with that climb?

I think having more experience with other characters helps. I’ve been playing with Hanzo and Mccree for Dps, Rein or Dva for tank and not healing really. Switching when I’m playing bad with a character and finding one that works.

Besides that nothing really different. Experience is pretty much it; better idea of maps, health pack locations, where certain characters will probably be, etc.

Even tho I absolutely HATE that Hanzo skin, I still bought it regardless #HanzoMain
25151986_1715129645172473_1386583665208226642_n.jpg

That Black Forest map doesn't work for the Snowball game right now. The servers crash every time.

I can pass on these skins, outside of Sombras.

I'll try to get Junkrat's skin, maybe 76's skin as well. Roadhog's cracks me up.

Just gotta find the desire to play OW.

Can't find a game for shit right now.

I wish they would turn the volume of Moiras' abilites and ult down to a normal volume. They're all so loud. If she ults you can't hear anything else.

It just dawned on me how I rarely notice light-medium toxicity if it's not directed at me.

I always just tuned it out if it wasn't directed at me, and it's rarely directed at me.

Now that I notice it, I am seeing that it really is almost every game.

People need to just have fun and accept they can't control other people

It just dawned on me how I rarely notice light-medium toxicity if it's not directed at me.

I always just tuned it out if it wasn't directed at me, and it's rarely directed at me.

Now that I notice it, I am seeing that it really is almost every game.

People need to just have fun and accept they can't control other people
The game became much more enjoyable when I stopped joining chat. A few weeks ago I decided to try chat again and it only lasted two games as I encountered shitty attitudes in both. Hopefully I won't be making that mistake again.

Well, Lord Jeff has spoken, being a One-Trick isn't a bannable offense as long you're 'trying your hardest to win'. I wonder though, is a Symmetra one-trick who is being hard countered really 'trying their hardest to win'?

They have specifically said that swapping heroes is a core element to the game. Someone who selects a niche hero, gets countered hard, and refuses to switch... is throwing. Go play QP or Arcade if that's how you want to play the game.

They have specifically said that swapping heroes is a core element to the game. Someone who selects a niche hero, gets countered hard, and refuses to switch... is throwing. Go play QP or Arcade if that's how you want to play the game.
Lord Jeff Kaplans words on the subject:

All in all, the game lets you pick whoever you want. It’s not up to your teammates who you should play. I do think it’s respectful to people to be willing to gel with the team composition, but you can’t ban somebody - it’s not a bannable offence - for just playing one hero, as long as you’re trying your best to win with that hero.

I think the game gets in a very dangerous state when we tell you who you’re allowed to play and not play with the game functioning like it does right now. The allure and the fantasy of Overwatch is there are these 26 heroes, and you can log in at any moment and be one of them. We should be trying to keep them all viable, and all decent picks within a team composition. I mean, sometimes you’re gonna be countered, but we can’t leave it at other players’ discretion to decide what you should be doing.

Him saying that isn't going to stop people from reporting the niche hero one-tricks that they get on their teams, unless they start banning all the people that report them for false reporting.

The game became much more enjoyable when I stopped joining chat. A few weeks ago I decided to try chat again and it only lasted two games as I encountered shitty attitudes in both. Hopefully I won't be making that mistake again.
I've switched off chat permanently, last time i was called the n word by a kid I'd had enough.

As far as I can see it's 95+% useless or toxic communications and actually helpful communications less than 5% of the time.

And I am being generous.

I would hate to guess at what the ratio of losses to wins caused by communications... How many losses caused by toxic/terrible comms vs how many won by good comms.

It would be like 20 losses to 1 win

I've switched off chat permanently, last time i was called the n word by a kid I'd had enough.
Nothing more annoying than starting a game and having 4 instalock DPS and having the worst pick of them all come on and say... "... Ok and we need a rein and a Mercy and we should be good.....rein, mercy, hello? Pick mercy please. Dva can you switch to a rein.. no moria wee need the rez! ...." And on and on

People want to play the exact opposite way of how the game is supposed to be played and then act surprised when the experience feels broken.

Well duh, of course the experience is broken, you have a ton a people playing selfishly against the purpose of the whole game.

WTF did they think was going to happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back