Overwatch Official Discussion, v4: Doomfist Me, Daddy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmfao. Just spam and lob some concussion mines when people get close

It’s ridiculous how easy it is to play junk and how OP he is. He’s all I play now because imo your team is worse off without him. His dual mines just make him so hard to kill and great for
Protecting your team as well.

Since we're on the topic of the Trash Mouse I read a suggestion that sounded like it would improve him. Mines in the air do 80 damage and mines that are on the ground still do the 120 damage. It would make it so Junkrat isn't the 1v1 king and he couldn't instantly burst down any 200 health character.

For anyone who's interested since a lot of the best players are gathered in LA for the start of the Overwatch League, they've been streaming Pro Pick-up-games the past few nights. It's interesting, it looks a lot funner than ranked and you can learn some interesting spots or different way to play a hero.

I will never understand throwing on a perfectly winnable game.

And groups the q in together and proceed to instalock DPS are so obnoxious.

I am with you on the bans. Most of us don't have to worry about getting banned for this, because we actually swap and try not to pick the worst possible hero for the situation.

It's not hard to not get banned, ow isn't Sherdog.
I'll never understand throwers either. Like what's the point? If you're not interested in playing tanks or supports maybe a team based game isn't for you.

I'll never understand throwers either. Like what's the point? If you're not interested in playing tanks or supports maybe a team based game isn't for you.

Here's my main issue. I have no issue playing tanks or support. I played Reinhardt for two whole seasons non stop. I have over 80+ hours with Rein. What I learned after reading online is that getting picks is one of if not the most important thing in the game. Even with a bad team if you can instantly make it 4 vs 6 or 5 vs 6 it's a huge advantage.

Now when I go Rein I have to rely on other people to 1. Use my Shield, 2. Get picks. I've found that most of the time 1 of those things is missing. Picking an attack character or Junk has completely removed me from Silver into mid gold. No longer do I have to look at my medals and wonder how the fuck do I have gold eliminations as Reinhardt. The few times I've tried to go back to Rein it instantly happens again.

One game I went Junk for defense we lost both points but I got gold eliminations and we barely lost both points. Next round we need a tank I say fuck it and go Rein. I never lost my gold in eliminations and finished the game that way. Basically I just don't trust other people to play attack characters and get picks. Especially people who aren't prestige as it's more likely they wont know the ins\outs of the map and the best way to flank the enemy.

Feels bad when you’re Rein but get no dps support. Or when the Mercy and Junkrat are in a group so that bitch is healing the Junkrat all day while you’re dying on the payload.

Here's my main issue. I have no issue playing tanks or support. I played Reinhardt for two whole seasons non stop. I have over 80+ hours with Rein. What I learned after reading online is that getting picks is one of if not the most important thing in the game. Even with a bad team if you can instantly make it 4 vs 6 or 5 vs 6 it's a huge advantage.

Now when I go Rein I have to rely on other people to 1. Use my Shield, 2. Get picks. I've found that most of the time 1 of those things is missing. Picking an attack character or Junk has completely removed me from Silver into mid gold. No longer do I have to look at my medals and wonder how the fuck do I have gold eliminations as Reinhardt. The few times I've tried to go back to Rein it instantly happens again.

One game I went Junk for defense we lost both points but I got gold eliminations and we barely lost both points. Next round we need a tank I say fuck it and go Rein. I never lost my gold in eliminations and finished the game that way. Basically I just don't trust other people to play attack characters and get picks. Especially people who aren't prestige as it's more likely they wont know the ins\outs of the map and the best way to flank the enemy.
You definitely have a point, if you can dominate the dps battle you should win most games.

But I feel like tanking and healing can "carry too"

Just look at how many games are determined by the better mercy or by the super charged zarya that's melting everyone.

In past seasons I used to dominate the medals on my team, even as a tank or healer. And my rank pretty much stayed the same. Statistically speaking, I was carrying.. but yet not winning as much as this season.

This season I am doing a lot better by focusing on the little things. Like sneaky payload pushing, proper shield placement, patience, and positioning.

It's not getting me more kills, infact I am getting less stats in general... But I am getting better quality kills(good prioritization), blocking the damage that counts not just the trash damage, and assisting my teammates when they need it which is making all the difference in the world.

Lol, people are just leaving games if they have to play mercy now or if we don't have one. Just happened two straight games.

They would rather be suspended and lose a ton of Sr, than play mercy, and I don't blame them

I just played my first really good game as mercy.

I feel dirty and less of a man now.

Did you get the win though?
Yes, and we held the first point without a problem. (On defense)

and when we went on attack first with an Anna and Lucio, we couldn't get the second point

Only Tank I think you can really carry with is Zarya, and that's because she becomes a tanky DPS at high charge. Maybe a really good Hog can still carry.

None of the supports can consistently carry. A really good Zen or an amazing Ana can carry from time to time.

Yes, and we held the first point without a problem. (On defense)

and when we went on attack first with an Anna and Lucio, we couldn't get the second point
You got the W so you don't have to hate yourself. It's when you play Mercy and lose that it results in deep self reflection.

Only Tank I think you can really carry with is Zarya, and that's because she becomes a tanky DPS at high charge. Maybe a really good Hog can still carry.

None of the supports can consistently carry. A really good Zen or an amazing Ana can carry from time to time.
A good Ana definitely has carry potential. I think most tanks have carry potential to some extent Zarya definitely has the most because her ult is pretty much an automatic fight winner.

Lol, people are just leaving games if they have to play mercy now or if we don't have one. Just happened two straight games.

They would rather be suspended and lose a ton of Sr, than play mercy, and I don't blame them
This new mercy is bad, I've picked her around 3 times and all 3 times I've been killed by enemy team members waiting for me to come down and rez. That 1.75 seconds rez duration is a killer.

Edit : Well, she's worse than the previous version i guess, just have to adapt to playing her with more awareness during rez.

Last edited:
Edit : Well, she's worse than the previous version i guess, just have to adapt to playing her with more awareness during rez.

im a mercy main and I struggled for the first few matches. just gotta be more careful and aware of your surroundings. I used to be reckless and id go in and save my dumbass team mate who overextended and cos of her new found speed I'd be able to escape 8 times out of 10. but now TMs have to understand that if they make a risky move and die over it, they're not getting rezzed - period.

im a mercy main and I struggled for the first few matches. just gotta be more careful and aware of your surroundings. I used to be reckless and id go in and save my dumbass team mate who overextended and cos of her new found speed I'd be able to escape 8 times out of 10. but now TMs have to understand that if they make a risky move and die over it, they're not getting rezzed - period.

Exactly and I think it's a great change. It was stupid that someone could charge your team 1 vs 6 die immediately like they should, then get rezzed by Mercy and she just leaves like it's no big deal. There should be consequences to over extending and trying to Rambo your way to a win.

Exactly and I think it's a great change. It was stupid that someone could charge your team 1 vs 6 die immediately like they should, then get rezzed by Mercy and she just leaves like it's no big deal. There should be consequences to over extending and trying to Rambo your way to a win.
Def. also makes you prioritise your rezzes too. Having said that I’ve barely touched comp this season and I’ve been having far too much playing tanks and moira in arcade :p

Def. also makes you prioritise your rezzes too. Having said that I’ve barely touched comp this season and I’ve been having far too much playing tanks and moira in arcade :p

Moira is a lot of fun. Can't wait till they bring her to comp.

This new mercy is bad, I've picked her around 3 times and all 3 times I've been killed by enemy team members waiting for me to come down and rez. That 1.75 seconds rez duration is a killer.

With the 'new' Mercy it seems like you're picking her strictly for the strength of her double resurrect during Valkyrie. Most of the time you're not going to be able to get off her rez unless it's a super safe spot or your whole team is there to support you. If Mercy gets flash banged, hooked, slept, stunned, or even if a Winston puts a bubble and breaks line-of-sight from Mercy to the intended rez target it takes her cooldown.

With the 'new' Mercy it seems like you're picking her strictly for the strength of her double resurrect during Valkyrie. Most of the time you're not going to be able to get off her rez unless it's a super safe spot or your whole team is there to support you. If Mercy gets flash banged, hooked, slept, stunned, or even if a Winston puts a bubble and breaks line-of-sight from Mercy to the intended rez target it takes her cooldown.

Wow didn't know a Winston bubble could stop it as well. Good to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back