Overwatch Official Discussion, v4: Doomfist Me, Daddy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should probably kill her.
I mean, in theory it is that simple... but good luck tracking Mercy if she decides to ult when you're using a controller. It's hard enough with a mouse and keyboard.

I mean, in theory it is that simple... but good luck tracking Mercy if she decides to ult when you're using a controller. It's hard enough with a mouse and keyboard.

Well shit. I guess she would seem much more OP on consoles.

Well shit. I guess she would seem much more OP on consoles.

I play PC, but my brother plays PS4. It's a completely different game. Mercy has been the best healer on console since release... now she's a must pick. And Pharmercy is out of control on console. Every Comp game I watched him play was Pharmercy + Dva (to counter the other Pharmercy).

I play PC, but my brother plays PS4. It's a completely different game. Mercy has been the best healer on console since release... now she's a must pick. And Pharmercy is out of control on console. Every Comp game I watched him play was Pharmercy + Dva (to counter the other Pharmercy).
D'va was in 90% of matches on PC too before this latest 'balance'. Her DM was so good that not picking her put you at a disadvantage at the character select screen.

As annoying as the new Mercy is for me, I still don't seem close to being sick of this game. There is so much to love there.

I've found Mystery Heroes to be a refreshing way to try new heroes. Speaking of, is anyone actually good with Doomfist?! I cannot get the hang of him for the life of me. Any tips would be appreciated

As annoying as the new Mercy is for me, I still don't seem close to being sick of this game. There is so much to love there.

I've found Mystery Heroes to be a refreshing way to try new heroes. Speaking of, is anyone actually good with Doomfist?! I cannot get the hang of him for the life of me. Any tips would be appreciated
Create a custom game and put hard bots on the other team. Change the settings so that you on team 1 have 500% more health, or whatever the max is, and set it so you take only 10% damage. Then change the team 2 settings so that they only receive 10% healing and only do 10% damage. You're basically a god that can't be killed and just practice getting quick kills with him. This really works with any character.

But for an actual tip, a good, and easy combo, with Doomfist is to use your dive to get on top of someone, hit them with the upper cut and then it's only two or three shots to kill someone. Then you can use your punch to get out if you have to.

Last edited:
Instead of adding a hero they should remove 3, Symmetra, Torb, and Junkrat.

Posted at the blizzard ow forums,
They are committed, keep playing guys, it will get better,

Permanent competitive bans incoming,

Josh Engen
Community Manager
115 posts
6 days ago (Edited)
Over the last few months, we’ve made several changes to the game as part of our ongoing effort to build a better, more welcoming experience. These changes include increasing the severity of penalties for poor in-game behavior, adding a reporting system on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and piloting a program to notify players via email whenever their reports result in an action.

Next week, we’re taking another step to help reduce unwelcome behavior by implementing permanent bans for Competitive Play. Starting Wednesday, September 27, any player who accumulates three or more seasonal bans may be permanently banned from Competitive Play, removing their ability to participate in any future matches in that mode.

Seasonal bans do not need to be consecutive to qualify for a permanent Competitive Play ban. For example, if a player earned seasonal bans in Seasons 2 and 4, and then earns another ban in Season 7, he or she will be eligible for a permanent ban from Competitive Play as soon as that third seasonal ban is issued. Additionally, neither seasonal bans nor permanent Competitive Play bans will decay or reset over time; once an account is permanently banned, it currently cannot return to good standing.

SEASONAL BAN REMINDER:

In Competitive Play, leaving early or being kicked for inactivity during a match will make you ineligible to join a new competitive game until the original match has been completed or cancelled. Players have the option to rejoin in-progress games; those who do not rejoin will receive a penalty. See below for details.

• If you leave or are kicked for inactivity within the first minute of the game, the entire match will be canceled and you will receive a penalty. The remaining players will receive neither a penalty nor a loss.
  • If you leave or are kicked for inactivity after the one-minute mark, you will be given two minutes to reconnect or rejoin the match. If you return, the match will resume normally. If not, you will receive a penalty and the remaining players will be given the option to leave without receiving a penalty (though they will still receive a loss).

Repeated occurrences of leaving early or being kicked for inactivity during a match will lead to restrictions on future competitive matches. As these violations accumulate, access to Competitive Play will be locked for an increasing amount of time. Completing matches without incurring further penalties will eventually return the account to good standing; however, repeated violations can also result in a ban from Competitive Play for the current season—including the forfeiture of any seasonal rewards.

<puh-lease75>

torb is amazing what you talking about fool
<{hfved}>

Any character that doesn't even have to see 90% of the kills they get is not amazing. Though I will admit that of the three, Torb is the best character.

<{hfved}>

Any character that doesn't even have to see 90% of the kills they get is not amazing. Though I will admit that of the three, Torb is the best character.
lets not buy the pig whilst it's still in the bag

This season was going well, then my mmr decided that I should be lower. So for the past few days I have been in unwinnable after unwinnable game. I am getting gold in just about everything, doing amazing and it's just pointless.

Almost every game has 4+ dps, and most games have both a widow and a Hanzo. No one heals or tanks, but demands others to do that for them to enhance their gaming time at the expense of others.

And that's frustrating, that no matter how well I play I can't carry my way off this losing streak until the mmr has decided I have had enough, then I can bite, claw and scratch my way back to where I was.

But I never seem to get on unloseable streaks, that as long as I am not throwing and actually trying, it's near impossible to lose. And that streak goes on for days at a time. That never happens.

It seems that every win I get I have to earn by playing well, but there are losses that are automatically baked in regardless of performance.

This season was going well, then my mmr decided that I should be lower. So for the past few days I have been in unwinnable after unwinnable game. I am getting gold in just about everything, doing amazing and it's just pointless.

Almost every game has 4+ dps, and most games have both a widow and a Hanzo. No one heals or tanks, but demands others to do that for them to enhance their gaming time at the expense of others.

And that's frustrating, that no matter how well I play I can't carry my way off this losing streak until the mmr has decided I have had enough, then I can bite, claw and scratch my way back to where I was.

But I never seem to get on unloseable streaks, that as long as I am not throwing and actually trying, it's near impossible to lose. And that streak goes on for days at a time. That never happens.

It seems that every win I get I have to earn by playing well, but there are losses that are automatically baked in regardless of performance.

I'm with you on this one. My matchups have been obscene lately. Lost like 6 in a row, none of them close. Won like 2, drew 2-3 times and lost like 10 times in a stretch of 15.

And the losses aren't competitive, it's usually down to garbage team comp. Nobody heals or tanks but me.

I'm just hoping to be out on a team where my tanking or healing saves the day, to say nothing of actually playing dps or defense. I don't wanna always play mercy, zen, rein, dva

Mercy is still boring to play and even more essential than ever, especially on consoles.

Everyone pretty much gave up on the concept of dual healing, just get a mercy so we can have 3-5 dps.

Why even have other healers and why bother having other classes if tanks are going to be turned into dps and there is only one viable console solo Healer?

The Junkrat and Mercy changes are so fucking stupid. Jesus Christ. Here's a character that can dish out a ton of damage that requires zero fucking skill to do so, better buff him to the point where he is in every game. You guy don't like Mercy being able to negate an entire team fight by pressing Q? Okay, we'll make it so she can negate an entire team fight by pressing E, and then Q, and then E again. Also, she'll be damn near unhittable after pressing Q, so good luck. A resurrect ability has no place in a fps game.

I know the feel. Last week was awful for me. I lost about 400sr in just a few days. Most of that though, was really my own stupid fault for not sticking to my rule of stopping after two consecutive losses, so I ended up taking myself down a self-perpetuating tilted cycle, burying myself with poor decision-making because I'm feeling frustrated and defeated. Learned my lesson though (hopefully) and have been able to regain half of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back