Overwatch Official Discussion, v4: Doomfist Me, Daddy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Blizzard has fooled themselves into thinking that Junkrat is a balanced hero now that they've buffed him. I sure hope not.

Junks pretty ridiculous for most ranks, but in the pro scene he's not overly reperesented. So unfortunately for the majority of us(everyone below masters). We'll be feeling the wrath of spamrat for a long time.

the new mercy is very interesting. I was playing 3 on 3 elimination and she's a game changer.

It's going to take some getting used to playing against this new Mercy. For so long it's been push when you get that first pick, but now Mercy can just rez that and make the fight start all over again.

It's going to take some getting used to playing against this new Mercy. For so long it's been push when you get that first pick, but now Mercy can just rez that and make the fight start all over again.

Yea I like the change. Took me a minute to get used to her Ult and single rez. I would literally forget I could even use the single rez.

Her Ult is also much better and much more fun to use I really like that change as well. I think killing Mercy though is more important now than ever. On one game my team kept letting her live and she ended up rezzing 2 people because no one killed her the first time around.

I'm really really getting sick of this glitch that I get on the xbox where pushing the button for my secondary ability activates my primary as well. I'll activate my barrier as Winston and dive forward at the same time or fire my DVa rockets and fly forward at the same time...really frustrating. Anyone have this problem?

Yea I like the change. Took me a minute to get used to her Ult and single rez. I would literally forget I could even use the single rez.

Her Ult is also much better and much more fun to use I really like that change as well. I think killing Mercy though is more important now than ever. On one game my team kept letting her live and she ended up rezzing 2 people because no one killed her the first time around.
She's a raid boss while her ult is active now. Her passive ability that lets her regen health when shes not taking damage is active even while she takes damage during her ult so she's hard to kill.

I'm really really getting sick of this glitch that I get on the xbox where pushing the button for my secondary ability activates my primary as well. I'll activate my barrier as Winston and dive forward at the same time or fire my DVa rockets and fly forward at the same time...really frustrating. Anyone have this problem?
What? Really? I have never had this issue. Maybe there's something wrong with your controller (unless you've had it happen with multiple controllers). Other than that, maybe its a binding issue. Try restoring the defaults and see if that helps.

I only got to play her once last night. Definitely gonna take some getting used to, especially how her flying works, but I can already tell I'll be a much bigger fan of this rework than her previous form.

So happy the defence matrix got nerfed
giphy.gif

Not sure if this iteration of Mercy is an step forward for the game or a step back. I like that she can't instantly erase a team wipe, but now she can completely negate a big first pick that would open up a team fight. People can get away with even shittier positioning now too. Hmm.

I can see new bad habits for this mercy.

Like letting your Teammate die just because you can 'anyway' rez them. The mercies are using their blasters more instead of healing and just rezzing fallen team members.

This 'meta' might end up driving more people away from the game. It's pretty fuckin' cancer. You take your Spam Mouse and shoot into chokes and if they manage to pick off your Spam Mouse you resurrect it because why not when it's on a cool down. Picks mean nothing now, not sure how I feel about that yet.

Played a game of Competitive today where a Mercy had 18 resurrections, 32% of the team deaths... no one ever stays dead with this Mercy.

Last edited:
Yeah, New Mercy is terrible for the game.

What? Really? I have never had this issue. Maybe there's something wrong with your controller (unless you've had it happen with multiple controllers). Other than that, maybe its a binding issue. Try restoring the defaults and see if that helps.

It's weird; it isn't happening anymore. This also happened after another recent update or patch. Same thing was happening, often with Lucio and Zarya. It's stopped now, so I have no clue what that's all about.

And wow, people aren't lying when they say Zarya is a beast with Junkrat's buff. So much energy.

And this Mercy change...I agree it's a bit fuckin much. She's in every single match now. Her old multi-player rex needed a change for sure, but now it seems she has a card at the end of every game with something like 30-40% of players rezzed.

Bloody Hell...enemy Mercy just rezzed 83% of teammates deaths. This shit is getting ridiculous.

It's weird; it isn't happening anymore. This also happened after another recent update or patch. Same thing was happening, often with Lucio and Zarya. It's stopped now, so I have no clue what that's all about.

And wow, people aren't lying when they say Zarya is a beast with Junkrat's buff. So much energy.

And this Mercy change...I agree it's a bit fuckin much. She's in every single match now. Her old multi-player rex needed a change for sure, but now it seems she has a card at the end of every game with something like 30-40% of players rezzed.
They've turned her into a must pick. If your supports aren't playing Mercy you're at a disadvantage at the character select screen. I don't like that, but we'll have to see how it feels after getting used to it a bit more but so far I think they're gonna have to balance her again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back