Overwatch Official Discussion, v4: Doomfist Me, Daddy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok well it's official. I've tested it out and for some reason taking a break in between games increases my chances of winning many games in a row substantially. I noticed this last season and worked my way up from 1600 to 2083.

This season I did my placement matches like normally just played as much as I could and ended up with 1880. Played lots of games in a row and dropped as low as 1550. Couldn't get up from that point I'd win than lose rinse and repeat. Well I then started getting on winning a game then taking a break and going to do other things and coming back like 15 mins later. I'd win again. I'm up to 1700 SR right now doing that and even when I lose it's very close games and I have good teammates as well.

I've tried to figure out why this is but can't find any information.
Very like gambling... If you're on a roll, sometimes it's better walk away from the table ahead rather than push your luck in the overwatch asshole rng.

I just found a new trolling joy.

Whenever my team insist on the one flex player on the team (me) has no options other than choosing mercy while they are entitled to choose anyone they want... I play the first round as best as I can with Mercy.

Then the next round I instalock DPS and say I healed last round, it's somebody else's turn....

And sit back and what things implode.

Last edited:
I just found a new trolling joy.

Whenever my team insist on the one flex player on the team (me) has no options other than choosing mercy while they are entitled to choose anyone they want... I play the first round as best as I can with Mercy.

Then the next round I instalock DPS and say I healed last round, it's somebody else's turn....

And sit back and what things implode.

I haven't done this a bunch but I have done it as well. I even offered to be Mercy after a guy had to go back and change but he said it was fine. I actually don't mind playing Mercy but I don't want to do it every single game.

I haven't done this a bunch but I have done it as well. I even offered to be Mercy after a guy had to go back and change but he said it was fine. I actually don't mind playing Mercy but I don't want to do it every single game.
Exactly, if we're going to make it a chore, let's divide the work evenly

Gotta get on that grind. What characters do you play?
Lucio
Reinhardt
Junkrat
sometimes Pharah

i prefer to be healer or tank most of the time though. just annoys me when people in comp leave me as the only healer or tank.

Lucio
Reinhardt
Junkrat
sometimes Pharah

i prefer to be healer or tank most of the time though. just annoys me when people in comp leave me as the only healer or tank.
All good choices. Reinhardt especially. You can almost always use a Rein and playing Reinhardt lets you learn a ton about the game(positioning, game sense, etc). I definitely know that feel of being left to be solo tank or support, almost everyone wants to be the hero and instalocks dps.

New Mercy and D.Va inbound. Maybe it will be possible to get people to choose a second support without expecting the solo support to play Mercy now. Lets hope.

New Mercy and D.Va inbound. Maybe it will be possible to get people to choose a second support without expecting the solo support to play Mercy now. Lets hope.
How? Mercy is even more powerful now with the ability to heal the entire team(during ultimate) . They will feel mercy is enough now even more so than before.

how big is the update? probably wont be able to play today thanks to potato internet and PS4 throttling speeds :rolleyes:

New Mercy is quite different to play against and with. Not used to a Tempo rez at the beginning of a fight during the first stages of the match.

how big is the update? probably wont be able to play today thanks to potato internet and PS4 throttling speeds :rolleyes:
It's not too big. I have probably the worst internet in NA and it didn't take me too long to download.

New Mercy is quite different to play against and with. Not used to a Tempo rez at the beginning of a fight during the first stages of the match.

It's not too big. I have probably the worst internet in NA and it didn't take me too long to download.
yeah took 40 mins.

mercy is horrible.

already lost 2 comp

So, I've held off on trying this game as I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy it and the reviews I have all seen range from either the person hates it or the person loves it with nothing in between.

If I were to say I enjoy BF4 and BF1, the older CoDs, Rainbow Six Siege, and Destiny as the shooters I primarily play is this something I should give a shot?

So, I've held off on trying this game as I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy it and the reviews I have all seen range from either the person hates it or the person loves it with nothing in between.

If I were to say I enjoy BF4 and BF1, the older CoDs, Rainbow Six Siege, and Destiny as the shooters I primarily play is this something I should give a shot?
Hard to say. Overwatch isn't a 'straight' up shooter like those games. Overwatch has a free-weekend coming up this weekend, I'd give it a try this weekend and see if you like it.
changed my mind. its awesome
Just took a bit to get used to the single resurrection or are you a battle-angel now?

Hard to say. Overwatch isn't a 'straight' up shooter like those games. Overwatch has a free-weekend coming up this weekend, I'd give it a try this weekend and see if you like it.

Just took a bit to get used to the single resurrection or are you a battle-angel now?
getting 8 kills in a game as well as gold heals <JerryWWF>

I wonder if Blizzard has fooled themselves into thinking that Junkrat is a balanced hero now that they've buffed him. I sure hope not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back