Overwatch Official Discussion, v3: I'm a Bastion Main, Brah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Muhaha, Sombra has the best POTG intro vid.

The one where they show another character as POTG initially but then she hacks and takes over the vid.

The one where they show another character as POTG initially but then she hacks and takes over the vid.
Wait... someone other than Bastion or Mercy can get potg?

I hate Sombra but yea that shit is awesome.

Hey @KONE what do you think of the new character and the Bastion buff?

Lucio with a major change on PTR. Played him a few times, and it seems like a nerf to me, but I'm not a Lucio expert.

Lucio with a major change on PTR. Played him a few times, and it seems like a nerf to me, but I'm not a Lucio expert.
I haven't looked too much into it but dspStanky has said he likes the changes but that might be because he plays Lucio so aggressively.

Hey @KONE what do you think of the new character and the Bastion buff?

Been playing League of Legends instead lately (I'm ashamed of it) but I played a bit with and against the new Bastion. He was annoying whether he was on my team or not. Orisa seems pretty solid, but her kit isn't really original at all. She has a mini Zarya ult and a Mercy damage boost on steroids basically

I'm just glad they FINALLY changed Winston's bubble so it goes on cooldown once you cast it

I haven't looked too much into it but dspStanky has said he likes the changes but that might be because he plays Lucio so aggressively.

He called them 'broken' as in OP. From what I've seen he will be super OP at higher levels.

Been playing League of Legends instead lately (I'm ashamed of it) but I played a bit with and against the new Bastion. He was annoying whether he was on my team or not. Orisa seems pretty solid, but her kit isn't really original at all. She has a mini Zarya ult and a Mercy damage boost on steroids basically
She's supposed to be an alternative to Reinhardt according to the devs. Very stationary and barrier based gameplay. Not really big on playing as her but playing with her on the team can be nice.
I'm just glad they FINALLY changed Winston's bubble so it goes on cooldown once you cast it
Haha, figured you would like that one. Yeah Winston really needed a buff to his shield. It should be the pillar of his kit but it always felt under-powered compared to the other tank's defensive abilities like Rein and Zarya's barrier or D.Va's defense matrix.

I feel like he still needs more but maybe the problem with him is that he really shines on a well coordinated high skill team, the kind you see at higher levels of comp. I rarely play comp so Winston is only good as a counter pick to Genji, snipers etc.

She's supposed to be an alternative to Reinhardt according to the devs. Very stationary and barrier based gameplay. Not really big on playing as her but playing with her on the team can be nice.

Haha, figured you would like that one. Yeah Winston really needed a buff to his shield. It should be the pillar of his kit but it always felt under-powered compared to the other tank's defensive abilities like Rein and Zarya's barrier or D.Va's defense matrix.

I feel like he still needs more but maybe the problem with him is that he really shines on a well coordinated high skill team, the kind you see at higher levels of comp. I rarely play comp so Winston is only good as a counter pick to Genji, snipers etc.

A big problem with Winston is the fact that he sucks vs other tanks I noticed. He's OK against Reinhardt since he can zap him through his shield, and OK against D.VA (unless she's full HP with armor) but in general just does no damage to them. He's USELESS as FUCK against Roadhog who was everywhere last I checked.

And people can never reliably heal him sometimes. Unless you have an Ana, he jumps in and will die too quickly to heal him up. The other healers either don't heal him enough (Zenyatta) or have to get really close to the enemy team to heal him (mercy, lucio)

They can't really buff his damage so he's better against tanks either because then he would destroy squishies. I think a smaller cooldown on his jump would be great.

A big problem with Winston is the fact that he sucks vs other tanks I noticed. He's OK against Reinhardt since he can zap him through his shield, and OK against D.VA (unless she's full HP with armor) but in general just does no damage to them. He's USELESS as FUCK against Roadhog who was everywhere last I checked.

And people can never reliably heal him sometimes. Unless you have an Ana, he jumps in and will die too quickly to heal him up. The other healers either don't heal him enough (Zenyatta) or have to get really close to the enemy team to heal him (mercy, lucio)

They can't really buff his damage so he's better against tanks either because then he would destroy squishies. I think a smaller cooldown on his jump would be great.
Seems like you can't really rely on Winston as the solo tank atm for that reason. He's usually a decent 2nd tank but now with the Bastion buff it might make it even harder for the guy.

Seems like you can't really rely on Winston as the solo tank atm for that reason. He's usually a decent 2nd tank but now with the Bastion buff it might make it even harder for the guy.

They had to immediately nerf Bastion after those buffs came out, first time something like that has ever happened. He can heal through fucking Reaper ultimate and then walk away. That's insane.

Also, I dunno if you saw but they made it so Zenyatta could discord orb people through barriers and then reverted it like a day later. ;_;

They had to immediately nerf Bastion after those buffs came out, first time something like that has ever happened. He can heal through fucking Reaper ultimate and then walk away. That's insane.
I like some aspects of the reworked Bastion but even now I think he's too strong. And its not really a hero that rewards high level play IMO so really not the best one to buff as much as they did.
Also, I dunno if you saw but they made it so Zenyatta could discord orb people through barriers and then reverted it like a day later. ;_;
I didn't even get to enjoy.:(

We still got that alt fire buff I guess

He called them 'broken' as in OP. From what I've seen he will be super OP at higher levels.
Perhaps. The aura being smaller if going to force teams to ball up more which might open up some different counter play at least.

On a side note I finally upgraded my graphics card so I'm excited about that. I didn't have too much money to spare so I only went with a Geforce GTX 1050, but it's still a huge improvement over the shitty one I had.

Playing Reinhardt more. Any tips to land charge? Seems like when I charge everybody bounces off and never gets pinned and then when I'm playing somebody else and I get pinned the replays show me getting sucked into the charge and pinned. Pisses me off.

Playing Reinhardt more. Any tips to land charge? Seems like when I charge everybody bounces off and never gets pinned and then when I'm playing somebody else and I get pinned the replays show me getting sucked into the charge and pinned. Pisses me off.

I play more Winston than Rein, but I always look for short pins, where the enemy and wall are both relatively close. The farther you charge, the less likely you'll land a pin, and the less likely you'll survive. I also like to engage with melee or firestrike before a charge, so the enemy has something else to think about. Charging a stunned enemy is always gonna be your best bet though.

Finally got into Diamond, peaking at just past 3200 playing strictly support (Lucio on Control, Zenyatta everywhere else). Master doesn't seem unreachable, but I'm definitely gonna have to get better at ult usage. I'm so used to using Transcendence defensively against other ults that I have trouble recognizing opportunities to be more proactive with it instead of strictly reactionary. Time to watch some VOD reviews.

So, apparently the Orisa patch goes live tomorrow and there's a chance we get some of the other tweaks as well. Maybe we'll get lucky and get the new broken Lucio.

Finally got to Platinum solo queuing.

I am glad the bastion meta should be ending today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back