Overwatch Official Discussion, v3: I'm a Bastion Main, Brah. | Page 5

Discussion in 'Video Game Forum' started by Arkridge, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Arkridge Senior Moderator

Arkridge
    I've been trying to play Winston the last few days and man, he's fun but sometimes it feels like he's just not a good character right now. I've found myself in some really favorable situations in my 3v3 runs to get my loot boxes and still managed to lose sometimes. His tesla cannon does like -2 damage.

2. fdswer Purple Belt

fdswer
  3. fdswer Purple Belt

fdswer
    hole team is a bunch of fucking Symmetras

4. GSP4tw Brown Belt

GSP4tw
    I went on a good run last night. I went up over 200 SR.

In most cases it seems like you need a good Zarya to help keep a Winston alive.

Arkridge likes this.
  5. bdreason Brown Belt

bdreason

He's a dive hero who really requires team coordination to be effective. Your primary targets are back-line heroes like Mercy, Ana, Zen, Hanzo, Genji, Sombra, Widow, and Sym, which are reasonably easy to kill with his cannon assuming you have support. Winston isn't a 1v1 type hero, so I wouldn't use him for death matches.

Arkridge likes this.
  6. MMAmathwiz Orange Belt

MMAmathwiz
    Besides ds3, I've put more hours into this game than any other in the last few years. This is the longest break I'm taking from the game and don't plan to come back to it until a few months.

Comp matches are too toxic these days, especially if you play DPS you get bitched at if you're team is not winning. And quickplay is becoming a joke since literally no one there cares about winning.

Still one of the best games I've played imo, need a break to get back into single player games before stepping back in to OW, hopefully when I come back to it theres new content.

And ffs, the constant balance changes are too severe, the bastion meta was a joke and Blizz keeps buffing non-skilled heros like Sym and nerfing high skill heros like Genji and Mcree. The game is probably going to be unrecognizable when I come back to it.

Kafir-kun likes this.
  7. method115 Steel Belt

method115
    Yea I haven't put in hours like this into a game since WOW. I'm done for now. My PS+ subscription is up and I don't plan on renewing it. Don't like playing games like this on PC so that's not going to happen. If I start playing again it'll be on PC as I'm done paying for online.

8. frenzy miss frenzy

frenzy
    I am pretty much a Mercy main now, this:

[​IMG]

Also when I'm solo queuing & someone else instalocks Mercy and they're shite....JUDGE JUDGE JUDGE HARD

Kafir-kun, M3t4tr0n and Arkridge like this.
  9. MMAmathwiz Orange Belt

MMAmathwiz
    Same here, I got way more than my moneys worth in this game and still plan on playing it after a break. I've put more hours into one character in this game than I have to entire $60 games that I've bought in the past.

I play on PC and couldn't imagine having to pay to play online every year, I prefer PC for this game so that's not an issue for me but its the constant meta changes and toxicity that's turning me off, as well as the fact that I'm genuinely burnt out on this game and just want to relax and play some sp story games for a while.

I'm not that even that hyped for Orisa or the new balance changes they are implementing, although Winston buff sounds interesting. Only thing that would immediately bring me back to this game is if they reverted all of Genji nerfs (yes, I want my OP hero back so don't hate me).

method115 likes this.
  10. MMAmathwiz Orange Belt

MMAmathwiz
    Dude, I feel like recent Mercys buffs to Rez are pretty strong and nobody notices, I'm seeing so many Rezes a game now and tbh its kinda killing the flow but whatevs. Mercy has never been underpowered imo.

sportkillergreg likes this.
  11. frenzy miss frenzy

frenzy
    ok but when you have a mercy who doesnt even heal and just spends their time DPSing its fucking annoying

do your job m8

method115 likes this.
  12. sportkillergreg Brown Belt

sportkillergreg
    i might become a widow main lol - I feel I'm getting better with her and it's satisfying getting headshot picks or when you get potg. Ofc it's important to switch as necessary but I feel most maps you can at least start as widow - she is extremely underrated on offense as well, a great one to use her is kings row 1st point. She can annoy bastion and get him out of turret mode in a lot of situations too

Torbjorn, widow and Mcree my fav heroes to play right now

13. Arkridge Senior Moderator

Arkridge
    I definitely agree as far as changes being too severe. Its like from patch to patch the dynamics become completely different. They buff characters with low skill levels required to play like Bastion yet nerf someone who actually takes skill like Ana. I have no problem with characters like Ana, Genji, Winston etc being strong because they take actual skill/practice to play. A hero like Soldier 76 shouldn't be one of the strongest in the game when he's considered an entry level hero.

Kafir-kun and method115 like this.
  14. method115 Steel Belt

method115
    Yep I've easily got $60 out of this game. I'll most likely be back as well but probably on PC not sure yet.

15. MMAmathwiz Orange Belt

MMAmathwiz
    Lol, those are some terrible Mercys you're been playing with then, reminds me of a Mercy I seen go on tilt and just shoot at Pharah the whole game cuz our 76 wasn't killing her.

Kafir-kun likes this.
  16. MMAmathwiz Orange Belt

MMAmathwiz
    Yep, I don't even know what kinda game I'm going to be playing on a month by month basis, too much drastic balance changes. So far we've had the tank meta, dva meta, bastion meta, genji meta, mcree meta, anna meta, etc. All within one year. Too confusing and constantly having to readjust my game.

And then they take complexity out of the game by taking out animation cancels and nerfing high skill cap heroes, look at Symmetra buffs, Bastion, etc. They need to make smaller incremental changes instead of what they're doing now.

Arkridge likes this.
  17. frenzy miss frenzy

frenzy
    was kind of my whole point of my post bro.

im not a miracle worker you know

Kafir-kun likes this.
  18. Concrete Gold Belt

Concrete
  19. The Clinch Schwarzbier Belt.

The Clinch
    With all the representation in the characters.. Are any of them left handed?

20. sportkillergreg Brown Belt

sportkillergreg
    Only bastion