Overwatch Official Discussion, v3: I'm a Bastion Main, Brah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I main Zen/Lucio but I'm trying to make it a point to tank more. I played the occasional Rein last season when absolutely necessary, but I really wanna focus on WInston and then maybe a bit of Dva. Those two are just so strong right now. I just get so worried about not being a healer because I don't trust anyone else with it haha.
I've been a D.Va main pretty much since I got the game, I'm definitely most consistent playing her. But learning Winston definitely paid off, he's very good. Did he receive a buff or something? It seems people started learning him and becoming effective with him out of the blue. I don't remember him receiving anything substantial. Dive comp can be incredibly effective if your team knows what its doing though.

I've been a D.Va main pretty much since I got the game, I'm definitely most consistent playing her. But learning Winston definitely paid off, he's very good. Did he receive a buff or something? It seems people started learning him and becoming effective with him out of the blue. I don't remember him receiving anything substantial. Dive comp can be incredibly effective if your team knows what its doing though.
The last buffs I'm aware of were the slight shrinking of his head hitbox and (and this was the big one), having his barrier's cooldown begin at the point of deployment.

What are some new heroes you guys are experimenting with and beginning to get good at? A lot of people have their 2-4 heroes that they play really good with, but a lot of us experiment from time to time.

I'm best with D.Va and Winston (I mainly tank) but I've been trying to get better with both Tracer and Sombra, characters I find to be pretty fun. What characters are you guys experimenting with?
In comp I normally fill so I can play most of the characters that are needed in the current competitive meta. I normally end up on Zen, Lucio, or main tank. My Rein is passable but far from good, but my Winston is fairly decent(assuming the team is willing to play a comp that helps the Winston).

I wish I was better with most of the dps characters but since they're always instalocked its difficult to get some play time in an actual competitive environment. Genji and Tracer mostly as you can have an enormous impact on the game if you're really good with them.

The last buffs I'm aware of were the slight shrinking of his head hitbox and (and this was the big one), having his barrier's cooldown begin at the point of deployment.
Ah yes, I remember that. I think his damage could use a slight, slight buff but that's just me being greedy.

On top of those buffs, people are just starting to appreciate Winston more. I always felt he was underrated, even before those buffs, I'd get at least 20 eliminations per game with him.

In comp I normally fill so I can play most of the characters that are needed in the current competitive meta. I normally end up on Zen, Lucio, or main tank. My Rein is passable but far from good, but my Winston is fairly decent(assuming the team is willing to play a comp that helps the Winston).

I wish I was better with most of the dps characters but since they're always instalocked its difficult to get some play time in an actual competitive environment. Genji and Tracer mostly as you can have an enormous impact on the game if you're really good with them.
That's the one thing about Winston is he requires a proper supporting cast but more people are getting comfortable supporting him. The most annoying this is rolling Winston and having the healer lock onto another tank instead of following your movements. I played a comp game last night where a mercy was locked onto our other tank, a Roadhog who was flanking the entire match and could sustain himself just fine. Unreal.

Roadhog destroys Winston. Also the damage Winston does to Bastion is just pitiable. These 2 things really put me off him for sometime. But now with the lockout elimination i started using him again hehe. Just need to time the right round choosing him and it's squishy destroying time.

I've been trying to get better at Sombra and Tracer myself but it's definitely time consuming.

Roadhog destroys Winston. Also the damage Winston does to Bastion is just pitiable. These 2 things really put me off him for sometime. But now with the lockout elimination i started using him again hehe. Just need to time the right round choosing him and it's squishy destroying time.

I've been trying to get better at Sombra and Tracer myself but it's definitely time consuming.
Yeah playing Winston the one hero I never want to run into is Roadhog. I'm hoping that massive nerf Hog took helps me out though. Usually, it's an instant death going head up with a Hog rolling Winston though. Hate it. I'm sticking to the fact that Winston could use a very slight dmg buff.

Man, my aim is terrible. I really like McCree but I'm fuckin' terrible with him. I can't play any of the sniping characters either. I'm not very good but I managed to hang around high plat. I get by playing characters that cater better to my kind of play style, lol. When I'm forced to go support to help the team out I go Lucio simply for the AOE healing. Haha.

lol I'm the same way about aiming. I'm horrible at it. Which is probably why I like Overwatch so much over other FPS games. Soldier is as close as I come to having to aim and it's pretty easy with him.

lol I'm the same way about aiming. I'm horrible at it. Which is probably why I like Overwatch so much over other FPS games. Soldier is as close as I come to having to aim and it's pretty easy with him.
Cool thing about the game is it doesn't matter your skill level / play style. They have so many different characters that are all so different that anyone can enjoy themselves and do moderately well at times.

Yeah playing Winston the one hero I never want to run into is Roadhog. I'm hoping that massive nerf Hog took helps me out though. Usually, it's an instant death going head up with a Hog rolling Winston though. Hate it. I'm sticking to the fact that Winston could use a very slight dmg buff.
Roadhog was already starting to see some dropoff even before the nerfs, so now he's even more likely to be MIA in any given match. Definitely good news for Winston.

Cool thing about the game is it doesn't matter your skill level / play style. They have so many different characters that are all so different that anyone can enjoy themselves and do moderately well at times.

Definitely. Some people seem to think that the only "skill" that is a "skill" is "mechanical skill". But there are many other skills, such as game sense, positioning, target prioritization, knowing when to engage vs disengage and on and on and on. So even if you don't have the classic "mechanical skill" that allows you to land 90% of your headshots, you can still find you character and niche by developing any combination of the other possible skills.

Easily my favorite thing about the game. Also because if I get bored of a character there are so many others to choose from that just completely changed the gameplay.

Changes to lootboxes, less duplicates and more cha-Ching $$$$$$$$

Also that Dva hockey jersey is DOPE.

wanted to get to silver before i have to go and of course the last game gives me 29 sr taking me to 1499

fucking trolls lol

Changes to lootboxes, less duplicates and more cha-Ching $$$$$$$$

Also that Dva hockey jersey is DOPE.

I'm guessing the loot box thing isn't active yet. I'm level 104 and just opened a box with 2 duplicates.

I'm guessing the loot box thing isn't active yet. I'm level 104 and just opened a box with 2 duplicates.
It's currently on the ptr with some crosshair changes as well.

Guys. Everyone on the Overwatch sub reddit is going crazy over what seems to be a Doomfist leak on error reports in the PTR.

A bunch of people have force-crashed their clients and are getting the same thing, so I don't think its fake. Blizzard isn't stupid enough for this though, right? It has to be planted on purpose. Blizzard loves this mystery kinda shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back