Overwatch Official Discussion, v2: ELO Hell (hello darkness my old friend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game has phenomenal depth to it. Glad i got it.It's going to last a long time.

Yep I also like that a lot of people talk on here compared to other online games. Last night I won the game cause everyone changed to the people I told them to. We came back from a 0-2 capture the point lead and we dominated them.

Hadn't played much Lucio since the last update and finally remembered to go into his settings and allow backwards wallriding. Sweet baby Jesus what an upgrade that was. I still wouldn't call him a "carry" hero, but I was being way more impactful than before. I'm able to get more aggressive and hunt down those weakened targets because if things go south, my ability to abort and escape is pretty much doubled. Also, his ability to single-handedly contest a point on spots like Lijiang Tower's Control Center & Garden, and 2nd point Temple of Anubis went up exponentially. I've always been a Lucio main, but it was starting to get a little stale. This update breathed a whole new world of life into the character for me.

Was with a roadhog last night that was ridiculous. He was hooking the Pharah in the air nonstop it was beautiful to watch. Saw him kill that Pharah at least 4-5 times with the hook in the air.
I have a buddy I play with that was like that last night. He was just tearing Pharrah's apart as Roadhog. We went on a nice run last night, gained almost 400 SR, we only lost one game and it was versus a 6 stack that had an insanely good Pharrah and a very good Zarya, that was about 3400 SR. If I hadn't gone on a freefall the weeks leading up to it I'd be pushing 3000 SR.

Gonna stream some PTR tonight if anyone wants to join. Going to be testing the new Bastion and new Custom Match server browser feature.

Guy invites me from my friends list last night. Most of the time I ignores these request as I'm in the middle of a game and then when I'm done their already playing a game. This time it happened 1 minute before I was done.

I join his team and he starts off picking Torborjn in Hollywood. I'm not mad but now I'm watching him although I've used him on this map very well so I was being open with his choice. We get dominated and he even says he's having a hard time setting up so I ask him to change if that's the case (pharah is on his ass). He doesn't want to cause he's using his alt I say fine. We almost lose but I switch to Mei (no one was using my Rein shield) and survive every team fight to hold the pay load long enough for my team to get back.

Next game capture the point. He picks symettra now I'm wondering if he purposely invited me to lose. The rest of the team is already pissed cause someone else picked Hanzo as well. We get dominated first game and hanzo switches. Rest of my team is trying to get me to get Symmetra to change. She wont and on top of that she isn't even setting up turrets anywhere. Even if we get the point.

Last time I group with someone I don't really know from a friends list.

Coming back to this game, it seems like the only thing voice chat is used for in silver/gold is telling other players what they should/shouldn't play.

I don't like it, at all.

Coming back to this game, it seems like the only thing voice chat is used for in silver/gold is telling other players what they should/shouldn't play.

I don't like it, at all.

I do appreciate that most people are willing to listen. I won a game by telling everyone what we needed and people started switching (like 4 people needed to change). Once they we dominated the rest of the CTP.

I tried to do some competitive today, and it was a complete shit show. First match player leaves in the first round, guaranteed loss. Second match nobody plays healer or tank, so I end up solo healing as Ana with only a Hog tank; get destroyed. Third match some guys had beef from a previous match, so they bitched and moaned and essentially threw the match for everyone.

I don't really care about losing rank, but it simply isn't fun.

win loss has been like 1:5 the last few months of any game type its really starting to make me lose intrest in the game

I gotta find some serious people to play with.

I have lost way too many because people are choosing the silliest characters at the wrong time.
If anyone needs someone to play with please add me. I am not amazing but I am pretty darn good and can play a lot of different characters.

ps4 gamer tag = truthisauthority

I'm so sick of Symmetra. It's beginning to be a problem.

I gotta find some serious people to play with.

I have lost way too many because people are choosing the silliest characters at the wrong time.
If anyone needs someone to play with please add me. I am not amazing but I am pretty darn good and can play a lot of different characters.

ps4 gamer tag = truthisauthority

Add me I'm looking for the same Method114 or 115 I forget which shouldn't be hard to find. I'll add you when I get a chance.

I'm so sick of Symmetra. It's beginning to be a problem.

It's crazy how powerful she is now. I've been watching a few Symettra players and if she gets close to you it's so hard to kill her before she kills you. With the characters I pick anyways. Maybe a Dva or something makes quick work of her. My Rein does ok cause I usually just shield and wait till someone else comes and kills her.

Add me I'm looking for the same Method114 or 115 I forget which shouldn't be hard to find. I'll add you when I get a chance.

It's crazy how powerful she is now. I've been watching a few Symettra players and if she gets close to you it's so hard to kill her before she kills you. With the characters I pick anyways. Maybe a Dva or something makes quick work of her. My Rein does ok cause I usually just shield and wait till someone else comes and kills her.

I play a lot of Reaper and recently Roadhog but she can still be annoying as shit. It's her thin hitbox and fast spazzy jumping around that makes her annoying as fuq to kill. Similar to Ana.

I play a lot of Reaper and recently Roadhog but she can still be annoying as shit. It's her thin hitbox and fast spazzy jumping around that makes her annoying as fuq to kill. Similar to Ana.

Yep that's exactly what it is. Which is why I have more luck killing her with Rein. I can shield and wait or I can just start swinging my hammer wildly and I'm guaranteed to hit her.

I was playing Winston, I'm not the best Winston player mind you, and the map was Lianjing Tower, the one where you can get booped off, and the other team was at 99% so I was forced to jump on the point to constest alone and the only enemy on it was Symmetra, I figured since I was sitting on my ult I had a chance to kill her... how wrong I was. I destroyed her turrets without taking much and then she got locked on to me and began to melt me, I was down to about 50 health almost instantly and was forced to use my ult. Having 1000 life and being able to leap around almost constantly I assumed I had a chance against her... wrong again. I got absolutely melted. The beam was curving around corners towards the end.

I was playing Winston, I'm not the best Winston player mind you, and the map was Lianjing Tower, the one where you can get booped off, and the other team was at 99% so I was forced to jump on the point to constest alone and the only enemy on it was Symmetra, I figured since I was sitting on my ult I had a chance to kill her... how wrong I was. I destroyed her turrets without taking much and then she got locked on to me and began to melt me, I was down to about 50 health almost instantly and was forced to use my ult. Having 1000 life and being able to leap around almost constantly I assumed I had a chance against her... wrong again. I got absolutely melted. The beam was curving around corners towards the end.

I know how powerful she is and this story still shocks me.

As someone who uses Lucio quite a bit, I enjoy booping Symmetra away from my friends and then speed-boosting us away from her pesky beam. His use of speed boost can be a big help in keeping distance from her.

I know how powerful she is and this story still shocks me.
I couldn't believe it happened and I was the one playing. I fully admit I'm not the best Winston, but I'm passable enough for the level I'm playing at.
As someone who uses Lucio quite a bit, I enjoy booping Symmetra away from my friends and then speed-boosting us away from her pesky beam. His use of speed boost can be a big help in keeping distance from her.
Helpful Lucios' are a godsend. The ones that try to be dspStanky on the other hand..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back