Overrated MMA gym?

lol at anybody saying TAM. Grabrandt, dillashaw, benevidas, faber, and mendes. They own their divisions in the ufc. The only people i can think of from their team that has not fought for the title are paige, danny castillo, and the girl at straweight whos steady climbing her way to the top. Im sure theres more but i just cant think of any

These alpha males are definitely NOT overrated ;)

#yummy

xgBeBq8.png

What the hell? Why are they covered in jam?

Jackson's, AKA, TAM, and ATT produced champions...

Overrated gyms are, in no particular order:

SBG
Glendale Fight Club
UFC gym

But no one rates Glendale/Edmund highly. Therefore, he can't be overrated. Maybe back in 2014 when guys like Ellenburger and Browne were attracted to the gym, but they have since left. With Ronda losing 2 straight, GFC's reputation is on the floor in anyone and everyone's books. Is the place even still going?

Jackson's? AKA? Black House? Team Alpha Male? ATT? What's your opinion?
I've always thought ATT was vastly overrated by Rogan. I mean do they have a single homegrown fighter that's been a UFC champ, except for Lawler who has trained all over and with a million different teams, and Woodley has trained a ton with RoufusSport. It just doesn't seem like career long ATT fighters can get over the hump and defeat the elite or win the big one.

Jackson's. I love some of their fighters, but the majority of them lack solid fundamentals.

Matt Hume has not been, nor ever should be mentioned ITT. AMC for the win<{silvanormal}><13>

TAM is really good at a few things: wrestling, conditioning, grappling. They don't really develop striking much though, certainly not since Bang left.

I'd be inclined to say the most overrated team is SBG. They have Conor, that's it.

Other than SBG, maybe Alliance. Definitely a top camp, but a lot of the top guys they've produced (other than Cruz and Gus) aren't as good as we thought they were.

TAM is really good at a few things: wrestling, conditioning, grappling. They don't really develop striking much though, certainly not since Bang left.

I'd be inclined to say the most overrated team is SBG. They have Conor, that's it.

Other than SBG, maybe Alliance. Definitely a top camp, but a lot of the top guys they've produced (other than Cruz and Gus) aren't as good as we thought they were.
Gunnar Nelson is a good fighter.

The Blackzillians

I believe they are closed now, but when they were open - they were alllllllllll hype, and very few victories.

The Blackzillians

I believe they are closed now, but when they were open - they were alllllllllll hype, and very few victories.
I don't think anyone thought the blackzillians ever was the best team so I don't see how it was overrated.

Any big gym with a large number of high level professional fighters is going to have ups and downs. Your expectations are ridiculous if you expect a gym to go anywhere near undefeated.

I don't think anyone thought the blackzillians ever was the best team so I don't see how it was overrated.

When they were formed, many people were calling them a "Superteam."

They had Rashad Evans (before his decline), Anthony Johnson (who was actually winning), Tyrone Spong (K1 Champ), Alistair Overeem (also before his huge decline), Henry Hooft (Dutch Kickboxing Coach), TRT Vitor Belfort (nuff said), Michael Johnson (Also before his decline), and many more. Hell they even had Undefeated boxer, Guillermo Rigondeaux in their fold.

Super hyped team that did not carry many of their fighters to victory. Matter of fact, a lot of these hyped fighters started losing under the blackzillians banner.

When they were formed, many people were calling them a "Superteam."

They had Rashad Evans (before his decline), Anthony Johnson (who was actually winning), Tyrone Spong (K1 Champ), Alistair Overeem (also before his huge decline), Henry Hooft (Dutch Kickboxing Coach), TRT Vitor Belfort (nuff said), Michael Johnson (Also before his decline), and many more. Hell they even had Undefeated boxer, Guillermo Rigondeaux in their fold.

Super hyped team that did not carry many of their fighters to victory. Matter of fact, a lot of these hyped fighters started losing under the blackzillians banner.
It had a lot of potential,which is obvious considering who joined,and it flopped. But it wasn't Overrated,because no one was going around saying it was great,once it got underway. It just failed to live up to its potential. That isn't the same as being overrated. Overated would be people saying the whole time it was around that it was the best team. No one was doing that.

Any big gym with a large number of high level professional fighters is going to have ups and downs. Your expectations are ridiculous if you expect a gym to go anywhere near undefeated.
Agreed. I think people judge too harshly when a gym suddenly had its down moments after years on top. Shit happens.

Back