Overpopulation is the single biggest problem in the world today

Only read the first page but no, it's not even close.

If you're even halfway interested in this subject, spend 15 watching this-

This. You beat me to it. This guy has done dozens of seminars and speeches on this and he really breaks it down.

Not really defending anyone here. But the US is a pretty massive country compared to most of those 1%. I mean, France, Germany, South Korea, Poland, the UK, and Italy could all fit in the US with room to spare. France is smaller than Texas. So we aren't as bad as the chart makes us seem in that context. We are all guilty. Just saying it makes it look like per capita the US puts out 15 times the carbon emissions those other countries do.
Are you guessing these sizes based on the Mercator Projection map? France is the same size as Texas (ok 1% smaller) but has 3x the population. The population is what matters, not the miles of empty space between cities.

Only read the first page but no, it's not even close.

If you're even halfway interested in this subject, spend 15 watching this-

He spends 10 minutes explaining the easy shit and glossed over the hard shit. I want to know why he's so convinced that people will stop having more than 2 children. Especially in Asia.

Overpopulation has is a total myth so...

Cbf using any facts, so I'm just using a bit of broscience here

Seriously, if you think about it, the world has a finite amount of resources, which is why not everyone can be rich or live a luxurious life. I really think that trimming the 7.4 billion people we have currently down to about 100 million is an ideal scenario; it'll solve a lot of issues such as crime, as poor people are more likely to commit crimes.

How do we accomplish such things?

Well....some non-psychopathic solutions:

1. Free birth control
2. Encouraging euthanasia for sick people
3. Not demonising suicide, so that people who want to kill themselves can go ahead and do exactly that
4. Not allowing severely mentally or physically handicapped fetuses to be born
5. Not allowing negligent or flat out stupid people to reproduce
China and India each have over a billion people, and they still make it work for years.

This is why I stopped feeling bad for the starving. You are poor and homeless, but still fuck all the time? How starving are you really?
Ya ain't starvin if ya eatin pussay, dick or azz.

The issue is basically the Idiocracy problem. It's all the worst types of people that are doing all the breeding.

He spends 10 minutes explaining the easy shit and glossed over the hard shit. I want to know why he's so convinced that people will stop having more than 2 children. Especially in Asia.

Probably because that's what every region has done. Europe and North America got there a few decades ago while much of Latin America is already there now as are the wealthier Asian countries.

Africa and Asia themselves are headed in that direction and have been for decades, no reason to think they'll reverse the course.

because every developed society has falling birth rates. India's is plummeting too and China has been below replacement for decades. The most important factor has been education and job opportunities for women. That's right, feminism is the only cure to global overpopulation. The current highest birthrate regions have appalling and dehumanizing treatment to women and spreading feminist policies is the only solution.

The biggest problem is trump, or is it north Korea or Iran or terris or literal Nazis or global warming or white men or... Guns!

how so. . .
Take a look at the data as to who consumes the most energy and the sacrifices first world countries are making to consume less. Them take a look at think pieces by folks who still push overpopulation as an issue. You’ll find that a small percentage of people consume too much, and that the popular rhetoric often puts the blame on folks who aren’t major consumers of our resources... which of course implies classist and/or racist paradigms.

A buddy of mine who did his dissertation on overpopulation and ecology said that a lot of the field has sort of abandoned overpopulation as the root of any issue, and instead point out economic and cultural unwillingness to consume less.

Overpopulation is not the issue. There are enough resources for everyone. The problem is not everyone has access to those resources. We could feed the entire planet if we were motivated to do so.

Nah.
The problem is people having kids despite not being able to provide for them. Get rid of welfare and no more aid for third world countries.
This is the number 1 problem. i see so many people say "but I have kids, I need this" whether its a job or some other assistance. Being irresponsible doesnt entitle you to assistance.

Guess what, I have a GF of 5 years and we know we dont make enough for kids. Instead of burdening our life and others, we decided to wait or not have kids at all unless we have a house and things paid off.

Back