Overpopulation is the single biggest problem in the world today

Free birth control to anyone and everyone.

Not a magic Bullet but worth the small cost.

Electricity is mostly produced by coal plants. Then there is the nuclear way...

Sure, electric cars are great.

Until humans figure out how to harness the electricity that is naturally produced by the earth and get off of the fossil fuel hog, we are heading for ecological changes that will force the issue the hard way.

Ah, after another Chicxulub they might find a trace that humanity once existed but it's doubtful.

DINOSAUR ASTEROID HIT THE ‘WORST POSSIBLE PLACE’
05/16/2017 · by carylsue · in Classroom Ideas, Current Event Connection, Geography In the News, Main. ·

GEOGRAPHY

Had the asteroid struck a different location, the outcome might have been very different. (BBC)

Zoom in on the Chicxulub impact crater, ground zero for the demise of the dinosaurs.

This impact was actually the least of the dinosaurs’ worries.
Illustration by Franco Tempesta, National Geographic

Discussion Ideas

• How did an asteroid, comet, or other space rock lead to the demise of the dinosaurs?
    • The impactor didn’t directly cause any extinctions. Instead, it induced a “global winter” (sometimes called an “impact winter”).

Cbf using any facts, so I'm just using a bit of broscience here

Seriously, if you think about it, the world has a finite amount of resources, which is why not everyone can be rich or live a luxurious life. I really think that trimming the 7.4 billion people we have currently down to about 100 million is an ideal scenario; it'll solve a lot of issues such as crime, as poor people are more likely to commit crimes.

How do we accomplish such things?

Well....some non-psychopathic solutions:

1. Free birth control
2. Encouraging euthanasia for sick people
3. Not demonising suicide, so that people who want to kill themselves can go ahead and do exactly that
4. Not allowing severely mentally or physically handicapped fetuses to be born
5. Not allowing negligent or flat out stupid people to reproduce
wow yeah sounds totally non psychopathic.

what the idiots in this thread dont realize is that one American household has a greater environmental impact than a whole Indian village. And then they point to the gas clouds in Chinese factory cities without understanding that the pollution is a direct byproduct of producing disposable consumer goods for 1st world customers.

1st world consumption is the greatest threat to the planet. And it will only get worse as the third world gets richer and tries to emulate our unsustainable lifestyle.
India produces more waste than the USA so I doubt your figures are correct seeing as how they have like 5x our population.

Some people wouldn’t like this but everyone should be put on some kind of birth control and need to apply for a license after the age of 18 to try to get pregnant. Some of the requirements should be having a home and job and the couple both should have at least graduated from high school. It wouldn’t be hard for any normal and functioning citizen to get ok’d.

This would put an end to teenagers pushing out kids left and right. Also, the amount of uneducated people that can’t even afford 1 kid and live off of govt assistance seem to push out more kids then anyone. Bringing another human being into the world shouldn’t be something that stupid people can do however many times they want.

This was a quick version but something along these lines.
a home? like they would need to own a house?

Move to somewhere brutal cold. Problem solved. Otherwise fuck it warm weather women are easy that's why we multiply.

This is such a naive and idiotic idea. Maybe the worst proposition for the slipperiest slope in history.

Teen/unplanned pregnancies is a burden society will always have to accept and be willing to pay for. Just like senseless violence and legitimate accidents.

The only way we can approach these pregnancies is through education. Better educated people plan their pregnancies on a much more frequent basis- so the solution is to better educate people.

True, unfortunately it’s creating an idiocracy. Education has increased, educated people are having fewer children, uneducated people are having the same boat loads of children, uneducated people will this soon rule the world.

In Idiocracy the movie the country got so ridiculously stupid they elected a pro wrestler and reality TV star as their president. We at least haven’t gotten that far. We’ve elected a reality TV star that sometimes made appearances in pro wrestling.

It isn’t the biggest problem in the world today. But assuming it is, making birth control much easier to obtain for everyone would be a solution worth considering. Shit, just put it in Go-Girls or something.

A simple solution, instead of giving the government the power to dictate who can reproduce, or murdering millions, we explore / colonize space? There are endless resources available.

I like where you are going with that.

But at this rate the earth will be depleted before we find a planet that contains breathable air. Let alone a liveable temperature. And thats just off the top of my head.

India produces more waste than the USA so I doubt your figures are correct seeing as how they have like 5x our population.
gw-graphic-pie-chart-co2-emissions-by-country-2015.png

I'm not talking about local garbage or sewage, but real pollution that has global consequences. The US pollution is far bigger than suggested in this chart because so much of the emissions created by the third world are the result of producing goods for us.

My point is that bourgeois Americans sit in their air conditioned rooms criticizing developing nations when our hands are the filthiest of all.

True, unfortunately it’s creating an idiocracy. Education has increased, educated people are having fewer children, uneducated people are having the same boat loads of children, uneducated people will this soon rule the world.

In Idiocracy the movie the country got so ridiculously stupid they elected a pro wrestler and reality TV star as their president. We at least haven’t gotten that far. We’ve elected a reality TV star that sometimes made appearances in pro wrestling.

But look who won the popular vote, that’s truly frightening.

Seriously, if you think about it, the world has a finite amount of resources, which is why not everyone can be rich or live a luxurious life. I really think that trimming the 7.4 billion people we have currently down to about 100 million is an ideal scenario; it'll solve a lot of issues such as crime, as poor people are more likely to commit crimes.

1. Free birth control
3. Not demonising suicide, so that people who want to kill themselves can go ahead and do exactly that
You're a freaking idiot. We're not overpopulated. We're underworlded.

Why?

Solution to overpopulation: Go back to riding horses to not destroy the environment, everyone gives up steak to use less water per calorie, and we eat tofu to prevent global warming. In general, regress both the potential of technology and lifestyle. Ugh.

Solution to underworlding: Go to Mars. Travel to the stars. Advance science and technology. Meet aliens. Bang space women.

What sounds better? That's what I thought.

1. Free birth control
Dumbass. It's not the use of resources, but the management of resources thats the problem

Electricity is mostly produced by coal plants. Then there is the nuclear way...

Sure, electric cars are great.

Until humans figure out how to harness the electricity that is naturally produced by the earth and get off of the fossil fuel hog, we are heading for ecological changes that will force the issue the hard way.

"Worldwide, some 73 gigawatts of net new solar PV capacity was installed in 2016. Wind energy came in second place (55GW), with coal relegated to third (52GW), followed by gas (37GW) and hydro (28GW)."

Nuclear about 9 GW.

It's a slow take up rate as generation plants typically last about 50 years.

But the tech is ready, it's already cheaper, only thing holding it back is the 100s of trillion of dollars worth of foss fuels at risk.

You better believe the owners of those fossil fuels are going to be willing to spend billions to try and ensure their market lasts as long as possible.

"Worldwide, some 73 gigawatts of net new solar PV capacity was installed in 2016. Wind energy came in second place (55GW), with coal relegated to third (52GW), followed by gas (37GW) and hydro (28GW)."

Nuclear about 9 GW.

It's a slow take up rate as generation plants typically last about 50 years.

But the tech is ready, it's already cheaper, only thing holding it back is the 100s of trillion of dollars worth of foss fuels at risk.

You better believe the owners of those fossil fuels are going to be willing to spend billions to try and ensure their market lasts as long as possible.

There is a technology that is even better than those. Tesla was on to it, but he kept it hidden from THEM. One day soon it will be.

Back