Overhyped *Average* fighters

The thing is most guys who make top 10 in the ufc are far from average at this point even when they have fairly sizeable holes in their game.

Let's take Barbosa for example. He is far from 'average', hes an incredibly potent long fighter. But hes weak to pressure fighters and thus hes lost in ways that show hes very unlikely to ever be champion and quite possibly may never even string enough wins to even get a championship fight.

Ufc fighters aren't average fighters bud
giphy.gif

Are you comparing their resumes and body of work to Conor? There’s more to it obviously.

Who else has Conor beat other than Aldo?

Holloway doesn't count, he was a completely different fighter then.

I'm illustrating that the top 3, Khabib, Tony, and Conor are all better than Kevin lee. Whom I like as fighter, but is increasingly getting overrated here on sherdog. I'm feeling a Plastic Perry trend coming on in regards to Lee on here. Lol, doing what I can to thwart it before it goes overboard.

Being worse than three of the best LW fighters ever in MMA doesn't mean that Lee isn't elite. He's proved that he can hang with the elite level guys. I've never seen anybody claim that he's the uncronwed champ.

I don't even like Lee and Israel but they are very good fighters. Far above average.

Being worse than three of the best LW fighters ever in MMA doesn't mean that Lee isn't elite. He's proved that he can hang with the elite level guys. I've never seen anybody claim that he's the uncronwed champ.
You haven't been paying attention then.

Chiesa and Dariush. When Mike pulled off that sub I thought he could sub black belts. He then proceeds to get subbed by Lee and Pettis with relative ease.

Edson Barboza
Derek Brunson
Derrick Lewis I agree
Michael Chiesa
Cub Swanson

Kevin Lee is champ material, and Adesanya is too early to call anything.

Same with this, I've always thought edson was super overrated by everyone on here.

Back