Overhead press excercise for shoulder strength

Doubling that is easy since 25 times is a sissy result. The average man is weak. I am lifting that thing every day and improving daily.

A gym instructor told me that longer repetitions with small weights will build enduring muscles, which what I am looking for in boxing. Not big ones. And 39lbs is small weights
Enduring muscles, not big muscles.. muscle is muscle dude. This makes me think of toned muscle people. “I dont want to get too big”

BW 330
Bench:375x3
Squat:535x3
Press:275x3
Deadlift:620x1
Chin up: 3 dead hang
Running Wendlers 5/3/1 presently

Pretty solid lifts... except the chin ups my god lol

I find that most powerlifting programs REALLY neglect chin up strength. I had powerlifting friends who massively outlifted me in the squat/bench/deadlift, but they could barely do 3-4 BW chin ups while I cranked out sets of 10 with 40lbs attached to me (I'm 210lbs, they were around 190-220)

Edit: I just realised, if you could crank 10 BW chin ups you would enter ''exceptional'' territory... very doable.

Last edited:
Thank you... I was trying to help the guy but he comes off as pretty dense as this point.
He's a moron who's plagued the standup section for a while. Deliberately obtuse. Don't worry about it, you did your best.

He's a moron who's plagued the standup section for a while. Deliberately obtuse. Don't worry about it, you did your best.
moron or not if he doubles his reps by next week, and he starts boxing in august he will be up to hundreds of reps no shoulder pressing that heavy bag. Plus he humbly admitted to being able to hit harder than Ali.

this is a next level athlete we should stop questioning his pearls of wisdom and bask in his glory.

moron or not if he doubles his reps by next week, and he starts boxing in august he will be up to hundreds of reps no shoulder pressing that heavy bag. Plus he humbly admitted to being able to hit harder than Ali.

this is a next level athlete we should stop questioning his pearls of wisdom and bask in his glory.
I want to like your post, it's funny. Unfortunately I'm at the point where I can't even laugh at his foolishness.

I want to like your post, it's funny. Unfortunately I'm at the point where I can't even laugh at his foolishness.
what if he posted a 2 second clip of him pressing his "heavy" bag?

Punching harder than Ali is no feat since he was not a heavy puncher.

Now the chin-ups thing. I don't recall the exact figure but I could crank up something like 20 or more Chin-ups as a 15 year old. It also made me beat grown ups at arm wrestling:D

I had no training and ate nothing in school. Skinny little bitch.

Now the chin-ups thing. I don't recall the exact figure but I could crank up something like 20 or more Chin-ups as a 15 year old. It also made me beat grown ups at arm wrestling:D

I had no training and ate nothing in school. Skinny little bitch.
my god! real actual adults.

Punching harder than Ali is no feat since he was not a heavy puncher.
i am taking notes...

And that was when, a year ago?

Clay didn’t hit me with any solid punches. There wasn’t any real power in his punches.” /Doug Jones
lol your quote dosen't even support what you claimed at all <45>

You think a Taekwondo guys leg muscles are the same as a gym guy?
He has smaller muscles. Muscle is muscle. Yes his technique and endurance is better but that has nooooothing to do with muscle. You dont just explode in size unless your roiding out of your ass. If youre natural dont worry bout getting too big. Its not that easy.

He has smaller muscles. Muscle is muscle. Yes his technique and endurance is better but that has nooooothing to do with muscle. You dont just explode in size unless your roiding out of your ass. If youre natural dont worry bout getting too big. Its not that easy.

So is Joshua roided? Most people agree that his muscle tone is detrimental to boxing.

_20180521_111630.JPG

So is Joshua roided? Most people agree that his muscle tone is detrimental to boxing.

View attachment 383367
You mean his muscle size??? But what does that have to do with what we’re talking about? If hes natural it took him a long time to get that big. He did not just train past endurance muscle. There is no such thing as endurance muscle.. Youre not going to be big as him over night so dont worry about that. His muscle is from continuous weightlifting with increasing overload/strength over time. You dont want to be big? Its easy dude. Once you get to a point of where you like where your strength and size is just maintain it if thats what you really want. And just focus on technique and skills while maintaining. Gaining size is not easy.

Back