Overeem vs Cain for nr. 1 contender [what if]

Unfortunately yes. However Cain seems to never be able to fight and Overeem looked awful against Werdum...

That said if the stars somehow align and Cain makes it to the ring, he should be able to beat Overeem senseless easily.

Reem doesn't handle being crowded very well... seems like an easy fight for Cain.

We don't have enough contenders to risk them on pointless match ups.. if Reem wins what happens he gets to sleep again vs Stipe YAY .. bad matchmaking.

This fight can happen easily after the tittle fight.

If Cain was healthy and active this matchup wouldn't make much sense due to Overeem's chin and the way he gets handled when pressured, but this would be a very nice comeback fight for Cain.

We don't have enough contenders to risk them on pointless match ups.. if Reem wins what happens he gets to sleep again vs Stipe YAY .. bad matchmaking.

This fight can happen easily after the tittle fight.
If Ngannou comes out with an early KO win and doesn't take much damage, then I'd rather see Stipe v Ngannou.

Overeem fought 9 times in the last 4 years
Cain fought 2 times in the last 4 years

Let him fight Fabricio instead

Bad stylistic matchup for the Reem, but he can crack anyone with the right chance.

HW division can't afford #1 contender fights. Stipe vs Cain. Winner fights Reem. Francis fights winner. After that then they can start to rebuild their contenders.

If Ngannou comes out with an early KO win and doesn't take much damage, then I'd rather see Stipe v Ngannou.

If Francis wins then I'm intrigued in his future matches but the thing is his fight will be 1 month away from the supposed Stipe card (if he signs the contract) so I don't think it's a fair shake for Francis it's not about the damage he takes it's about the stress and preparation of the training camp.. like Stipe in his last fight it was minutes all he had was 2 leg kicks in terms of damage but he needs a few months to re focus, re energies etc it's about the other 10-12 hard weeks that are put into training camp for a tittle fight and when you are a 250 lbs man doing cardio for 5 rounds and hard grappling and sparring then the stress on the body it's on a different level and remember we "purist" so we don't even allow them roids to recover faster.

it's notthe fucking match to make.

jesus h christ i'm sick of seeing people say this retarded shit.

CAIN VELASQUEZ IS 1-1 IN THE LAST FOUR FUCKING YEARS. PLEASE, SHUT THE FUCK UP.

HW division can't afford #1 contender fights. Stipe vs Cain. Winner fights Reem. Francis fights winner. After that then they can start to rebuild their contenders.

This.. smart match making in 2017 UFC HW division you work with what you got, you don't kill them off stupidly we already are half risking it with JDS and Francis but hey Francis needs a proper name on his resume before we take him serious (and no a 2017 AA with 5 back to back losses ain't good enough).

I think Cain beats Reem tbh but you never know with Overeem, he could land a good shot as well

I want to see Cain vs Stipe but I think that isn't going to happen. Most likely it will be Stipe vs Francis or if Dana is mad Stipe wants a raise, maybe Reem vs Francis (with Cain still sidelined)

I love the hw division, a lot of characters and great fighters in it. Anyone has a puncher's chance, that's what makes it so exciting.

Any version of Cain destroys Overeem.

Cain has fought 2 times in the last 4 years. With Miocic having fought and beaten Werdum, Reem and Dos Santos, they would like to put Cain up there against Miocic. It is a good fight and I wouldn't risk scheduling Cain for a #1 contenders bout. The likelyhood that he makes it to o two fights in a row without getting injured is minimal.

Back