Overeem trying to condition his chin

1000% doesn't work and has no effect at all on the chin. Nothing has the ability to stop your brain rattling against the skull, the only way is you would have to remove your brain so it doesn't knock against your skull hahaha. I saw Diego doing the same thing a few fights ago and since then he has been dropped hard in every fight he has had lol. Go figure o_O

And all this time I thought this was just an elephant seal impersonation:

Time stamped

Overeem trying to strengthen his neck muscles.

"I'm not impressed by your performance." - Monsieur Alard Grenier

ZBMtpNE.png

I've never enjoyed watching a fighter lose more than this cody KO. Then tj yelling in his face was awesome. He just had to take it too. No more shit talk, no more acting tough and crazy. All this after cody acting like a fucking tough guy teenager for so fucking long, then tj, the adult, brutally puts him back in his place. Hopefully he'll learn some humility and control himself better going forward.

to quote the snoopcast (lol): "you were busy talkin all that shit......."
pathetic

I've never enjoyed watching a fighter lose more than this cody KO. Then tj yelling in his face was awesome. He just had to take it too. No more shit talk, no more acting tough and crazy. All this after cody acting like a fucking tough guy teenager for so fucking long, then tj, the adult, brutally puts him back in his place. Hopefully he'll learn some humility and control himself better going forward.

to quote the snoopcast (lol): "you were busy talkin all that shit......."
LOl @ the adult

Only a child can be a sore winner

Imagine if Connor yelled at Aldo after he won, lol

how can you even say that with how long his career has been, how many times he's been KO'd, followed by the opponents he's faced and the fact that he's still a top contender?

questioning overeems balls smfh look at his resume

Perhaps you missed my point... When things are going his way, he is unstoppable. When he faces the least bit of adversity, the guy folds; for example the Travis Browne fight. He was heavily favored to win that fight and yet Travis got in a few good shots and Overeem basically gave up. In fact if you look at most of his losses, that is the tone of his fights.

And as an FYI this guy has the most KO losses (other than Arlovski) of any currently active fighter in the UFC. Plenty of guys have eaten big shots, faced adversity and fought back to win a fight. Overeem eats a couple of big shots and he folds up almost immediately.

Everyone talks about his glass chin but I have seen him eat decent shots in fights and during his K1 tenure he took plenty of heavy shots without folding.

His mindset is his biggest weakness.

LOl @ the adult

You mean for example how he was screaming "the king is back!" after barely scraping out a decision win over Diaz in their second fight?

Bout as legit as...

giphy.gif

This is painful to watch. Maintains forward head posture throughout the movement!

Fixes his neck in a bad position, then passively moves the weight around with his mid-lower back, even having to pivot with his knees and feet because the weight is too high for him.

This is probably worse for his neck than spending 10 hours in front of a computer without a break.

1000% doesn't work and has no effect at all on the chin. Nothing has the ability to stop your brain rattling against the skull, the only way is you would have to remove your brain so it doesn't knock against your skull hahaha. I saw Diego doing the same thing a few fights ago and since then he has been dropped hard in every fight he has had lol. Go figure o_O
Anecdotes are for people who don't know what anecdotes are. Just because Diego did neck workouts and then got dropped doesn't mean neck workouts aren't effective. It just means they're not a panacea.

This is incredibly common. It's the neck, not the chin.

Overeem has been doing this for years. He's training his neck, not his chin. Unfortunately, there is nothing known to man that can "strengthen" your chin else everyone would be doing it.

Guys we know its the neck -That is part of what is meant when we say a fighter's chin. Nobody trains the actually pointy end of their face -thats idiotic.''Chin' is just an overall expression meaning their ability to withstand head trauma like getting f*cked up and necks are part of that equation

LOl @ the adult

you can't be serious? after having to deal with cody (and urijah) for all that time and throughout tuf, he allowed himself a 1 triumphant, cathartic yell after besting cody. With his adrenaline pumping from the ko too. I said he's an adult, I didn't say he's a robot. TJ handled the whole situation like an adult, throughout all the drama.

Back