Overeem is 6-1 in his last 7 fights

His only loss is to Stipe.

Ngannou is 31 years old and his best win is against the ghost of Arlovski. He's never even been past the 2nd round. If his career was identical in every way but he looked like Timothy Johnson, people wouldn't be hyping him anywhere near as much as they are now.

No way should Overeem be the underdog in this fight.
Overeem is a beast, but he is prone to KOs and the UFC purposefully put him the ring with a knockout artist. LOL

How you look typing this:

giphy.gif

Reem should take it to the ground for an easy Sub. Francis has zero ground game and Reem is super underrated when it comes to the ground game.

Ktfo by stipe and ducking post usada Brock..
Fight BLACK BEAST!

I watched that live and didn't notice but how isn't that strikes to the back of the head?

He was aiming for the sides. Last one looked dirty but that was it. Hard to punch with laser accuracy when the guy is turtling and the ref is starting to make contact.

Overeem has always looked like a killer or a bum. I won't be surprised at anything that happens in this fight.

Reem is awesome and does not get enough respect.

I think he finishes Ngannou. Love Francis but he is sloppy as fuck.

He was aiming for the sides. Last one looked dirty but that was it. Hard to punch with laser accuracy when the guy is turtling and the ref is starting to make contact.
I counted at least 3 by definition. If you draw a line going across the top your head ear to ear everything behind that line is considered the back of the head.

Now it's a fight and clearly he was aiming for the side of the head and AA was wasn't a stationary target but damn having Ngannou pound on the back of your head must hurt.

Overeem will find this dude's chin. I'm interested to see how he handles it.

Francis will be champ one day, but I think Overeem is going to delay his upwars trajectory for a bit.

Overeem might be 10 - 0 I'd still have hard time betting on him.

Ngannou made his debut at age 27, with no serious combat sports experience before that. If he beats Overeem it makes MMA look bad.

How? Is he not training combat sports professionally now?

What a terrible matchup for Overeem.

Re-read it, my man: "no serious combat sports experience before that."

How does that make MMA look bad if Overeem loses when Francis is training full time NOW, though? That's my question. Just because he doesn't have years and years of experience? Some people are just physical talents and don't need years of experience to be great once they put their mind to it. I don't see how that's a knock on MMA?

If he had no training and didnt even train for the fight, that would make sense, but he is training MMA full time now so I don't see the issue?

He solidly won 2 rounds and lost 1 to the other top dog in the division that's not the champ. How is that a poor showing? He survived almost being KO'ed. He gets credit for that not a knock.

You act like Werdum's a scrub.
He's hardly a scrub, but the power in his hands aren't anything to write home about. If it had been a knee, I'd have kept quiet.

He won the rounds, but it wasn't all that impressive.

That being said, he probably takes this in the second with a guillotine.

Reem is one of the hardest guys to bet on or against. All it takes is a nice love tap to the chin and he is out.

Back