Overall, how do you think the bellator brass felt about the results tonight, and moving forward?

Actually I disagree, Chinzo lost to Conors gym mate and he has been talking a huge game, Chinzo is old and almost lost his last fight, while I would have he rather won, this opens up a whole new angle and I think they will milk it.

Chael will talk himself into freakshows and thats the point, nobody cares if he wins or loses as long as he keeps talking, even if we find it cringe worthy keep in mind most people thinks its funny or awesome.

Fedor was on his way out for a while, if he won that would have been great for me but did we really need him to lose to say Kongo? Mitirion is a good talker and marketable, and his fights are always fun, this is good for the division as much as I would greatly prefer Fedor to have won. That said if Fedor doesn't retire they still have Chael and Randy vs Fedor to throw together and while we might not like, people wont care and will still buy it out of curiosity.

I think you are looking at this like a competition to the UFC, Bellator is not, its in it more for sports entertainment then pitting the best against the best. People care more now that the LHW belt was won by someone in the top 5 at LHW and is in the UFC. Did anyone think bader vs davis wasn't going to be slow? did no one see the last fight? This was actually much more action then the other fight but it still was boring.

Wand can still fight Chael again, who knows, its not like they squashed the beef, or Wand can fight other older fighters. The beef is not over by far, Wand tried to hit him after the fight.

While we as hardcore fight fans where interested in pico, not to many other casual fans (which is bellators more target audience) didn't care. Pico will come back and likely be better and they can build a redemention story and if the guy that beat him keeps winning it sets up a good, story driven, rematch.

Chandler lost due to injury and his post fight speech made everyone ready for the rematch, it will draw more eyes now that their is a history and will be a bigger fight for it.

Coker I believe looks at things from stories, angles, and public interest fight, followed by nostalgia and then hardcore sports competition, his promotions have always followed that formula and that is why I dont get why people think they will directly compete with the UFC they are a different flavor and will be around for awhile. They are not as "sterile" as the UFC and their production is coming along well.

I sincerely hope (I really do) that the casuals continue to buy future Bellator PPV's based on the "entertainment" product presented tonight, because I will not be.

I sincerely hope (I really do) that the casuals continue to buy future Bellator PPV's based on the "entertainment" product presented tonight, because I will not be.

You think casuals bought tonight?
I certainly don't.
I think hardcores did only.

That was what IMO was strange.
This card could have done KILLER ratings on Spike, but those that watch the freakshow fights on Spike did not seem interested in buying tonight.
2017 casuals don't care about Fedor & wandy

I dont think they will do to many ppv per year like the UFC, they will do a few a year that they can stack at least imo.

I suppose "casual" is the wrong word, they make product for the not hardcore but not completely casual base....ummm midcore? no idea.

M

The unsure: Fedor-Mitrione. Honestly don't know which of these guys the Bellator brass was hoping would win. Regardless it was actually exciting for as long as it lasted. And Lima-Larkin was ok but didn't live up to the hype that surronded it, but it was kinda to be expected when 2 guys have as much KO power and then one gets clipped and becomes tentative while the other is content with getting a decision victory.

Nah - Fedor Mitrione was a horrible fail. They were hoping to finally start the HW belt thing going (watch the post fight press conference - Coker says as much) with Fedor being at the top (Coker did not say that, but that much is clear). Fedor is a much bigger draw than Mitrione - him failing means that the HW belt won't be as much of a draw. Meanwhile, Fedor will still have to be paid big for the lesser fights. I assure you - they are not happy with how things worked out tonight.

Back