Over/Under 500k PPV buys:Woodley vs Covington

Colby isn't a bigger draw than anybody.. lmao. Delusional. I'm also on the under 300k train here.

07/30/16 UFC 201 Lawler vs Woodley 240,000
03/04/17 UFC 209 Woodley vs. Thompson II 250,000

<LikeReally5>

I'm not sure how much the casuals are buying into Coldpee's bullsh*t... but Meltzer's early estimates put 225 at 250k... so I don't see any indication that this event would do any better.

It likely could do worse tbh... because Woodley gave us 3 sparing sessions in a row & I don't see any reason why this wouldn't be just another bore fest. No way Cobley comes at T-Wood like he did vs RDA.

Colby did draw an impressive 1.5 million PPV buyz on UFC 202... so since we're cooking the books here... lets just throw that in the mix.
You’re right, 201 did 240k. But 209 did in fact hit 300k.

You’re right, 201 did 240k. But 209 did in fact hit 300k.
According to Meltzer... who is the most accurate proven source for PPV numbers... 209 did 2fiddy. Where are you getting your number from?

under 500k

just look at the historical PPV numbers. for years now, no PPV does great numbers without a legit star headliner.

if colby drops the n bomb, over.

if colby doesnt drop the n bomb, under.

I'll take the under on that action.

I think its unlikely that Colby fans actually pay for the product so that leaves only the people that WANT to see him lose, and I don't think the rest of the world off of Sherdog cares enough one way or another to pay for it.

Colby is a loser troll, he is not a proven draw at anywhere near that level

Over/Under should be set closer to 300k.

500k is a joke. Way way way fucking under.

Definitely under unless Colby goes to see Trump and starts some kind of media shitstorm.

2 of the most boring fighters in the ufc. This is where we will see if WMG marketing can go to work. They have the foundation with the grudge match and stuff, just sucks its 2 really really boring fighters that are going at it.
I say under 300k though and even that would be great for those guys and that card

It depends on the rest of the card, but probably half that much. I was expecting Woodley to hold out for the NYC or Vegas card.

Terrible match up, might be one of the worst title fights in UFC history.
How? Colby is going to make TyQuil fight a fast paced fight.

That either means a brutal KO win for woodley or woodley gets melted by the pressure and crumbles to a TKO loss.

How? Colby is going to make TyQuil fight a fast paced fight.

That either means a brutal KO win for woodley or woodley gets melted by the pressure and crumbles to a TKO loss.

I doubt that man, Woodley has some power but he doesn't exactly throw a lot of strikes especially as champ, Covinington's striking looks almost amateurish, I know he keeps a good pace but Tyrone is short and solid and has great wrestling and will not be easy to get down. I expect this fight to mostly be a grappling stalemate against the fence, Covington won't want to stand and trade with Woodley. What I hope is Woodley is too strong for Covington, takes him down and beats the WWE persona right out of him, but I have a feelings its going to be a snorefest.

I'm not into the ppv numbers game but I'm gonna buy this one "FINALLY" a motivated Woodley the last time he was this motivated this happened.

KmiLato.gif
Tyron sees a opportunity to do for the Brazilian people that RDA & Maia couldn't take out the trash, stop all the sh!t talk, and show Colby the difference between practice and game time. If my cheap ass is willing to pay for this one it will do good numbers.

Assuming it’s the main event I’ll say 250-300 if the UFC puts a lot behind it

I don’t think either guys connects to a wider audience enough to carry a card. You can say and do all the polarizing controversial shot you want. If you don’t have IT people don’t care. This fight is missing IT.

Back