Over/Under 500k PPV buys:Woodley vs Covington

Under, if this past events number of 250k is accurate. Ppv may really be dying

colby woodley will be around 250~300k, I believe. they will just have to tune up the trashtalk

Massive numbers in the WME UFC era.

way under. UFC is so top heavy and turned themselves into a top heavy roster. that means everyone will buy the one mcgregor, brock, gsp, and maybe bs superfights but no one is buying these lesser cards. no chance

i think the real number is going to be closer to 100-125k. no joke.

I'd say about tree-fiddy

Under.

I know I won't watch.

Depends on the rest of the card. This fight alone will not carry the PPV buys to 500k+ but a solid card with Woodley vs Covington headlining may be able to.

Imo, that card did significantly less than it could have due to Yoel missing weight and the ME not being a title fight.
Really? It's possible but I honestly wouldn't think that'd have much of an impact. But I'll watch any fight do what do I know?

Colby can be a huge draw but he needs to keep winning, much like Mayweather did. The heel needs time for his gimmick to set in, and winning is absolutely imperative - and if they lose, they just become a meme joke like Broner. Colby lacks the wit and intelligence of Chael, so he does not have humor and quick wit to fall back on. He is more
like a combo of Tito's intelligence but with Chael's merciless trolling, so in cage performance is more important than his mic skills.

Woodley is rumored to return at ufc 228 September 8th, according to Dana. Keep in mind woodley sold over 300k PPVs for ufc 201/209. Colby is a bigger draw than Lawler or Thompson. Plus they have a rivalry going on.

UFC must promote this grudge match right with plenty of racial undertones ala Conor/Floyd (Don’t shoot the messenger, you know this is how it needs to be marketed to sell).

Assuming the main card looks something like this I say over 500k buys, and the highest selling PPV of 2018.

Woodley vs Covington
Usman vs Till
Rockhold vs Gustafsson
(Insert crappy WMMA matchup because unlikely it’s an all male main card)
Weidman vs Branch

Unless there’s another (meaningful) title fight, it’s going to be under 500K.

Colby can be a huge draw but he needs to keep winning, much like Mayweather did. The heel needs time for his gimmick to set in, and winning is absolutely imperative - and if they lose, they just become a meme joke like Broner. Colby lacks the wit and intelligence of Chael, so he does not have humor and quick wit to fall back on. He is more
like a combo of Tito's intelligence but with Chael's merciless trolling, so in cage performance is more important than his mic skills.

Colby is a shame cause he got his push too fast. He needs to keep up the schtick WHILE unifying and defending the belt for at least another 3-4 fights to even become "super marketable" -- i figure he turns baby face after 2 title defenses and then goes full out Rocky Balboa people's champ by the end

Under, way under.

Average UFC's are coming in about 250K nowadays & I guess it will be about that number. Neither guy is a big draw, Tyrone's just unlikeable & Colby's a cringey wannabe. The pity is I think it will be a great fight with Colby pressuring & Tyrone forced to fight.

Colby is a shame cause he got his push too fast. He needs to keep up the schtick WHILE unifying and defending the belt for at least another 3-4 fights to even become "super marketable" -- i figure he turns baby face after 2 title defenses and then goes full out Rocky Balboa people's champ by the end

Lol I'd dig that. But I don't see Colby getting past Woodley and much less amassing defenses given the current top 5 WW. His last two fights showed he is talented and can hang with the best, but also that he is definitely beatable. He is the new Chael basically.

If this is the hypetrain right now Under... 100%.... However if something happens and this explodes like we get nonstop threads after news turn this fight into racism. Maybe we go over. But something has to drastically change.

Woodley is rumored to return at ufc 228 September 8th, according to Dana. Keep in mind woodley sold over 300k PPVs for ufc 201/209. Colby is a bigger draw than Lawler or Thompson. Plus they have a rivalry going on.

UFC must promote this grudge match right with plenty of racial undertones ala Conor/Floyd (Don’t shoot the messenger, you know this is how it needs to be marketed to sell).

Assuming the main card looks something like this I say over 500k buys, and the highest selling PPV of 2018.

Woodley vs Covington
Usman vs Till
Rockhold vs Gustafsson
(Insert crappy WMMA matchup because unlikely it’s an all male main card)
Weidman vs Branch

1 press conference scuffle and a mic picking up "the n-word" in the distance.

Make it happen Uncle Dana

Keep in mind woodley sold over 300k PPVs for ufc 201/209.
07/30/16 UFC 201 Lawler vs Woodley 240,000
03/04/17 UFC 209 Woodley vs. Thompson II 250,000

<LikeReally5>

I'm not sure how much the casuals are buying into Coldpee's bullsh*t... but Meltzer's early estimates put 225 at 250k... so I don't see any indication that this event would do any better.

It likely could do worse tbh... because Woodley gave us 3 sparing sessions in a row & I don't see any reason why this wouldn't be just another bore fest. No way Cobley comes at T-Wood like he did vs RDA.

Colby did draw an impressive 1.5 million PPV buyz on UFC 202... so since we're cooking the books here... lets just throw that in the mix.

Did those two PPVs really sell 300k+? That is extremely surprising, the only thing I can think of that explains those numbers is that it was a good year with McG fighting and that both events must have been after a good PPV. If Woodley fights now I expect 200-250k tops.

Back