Outside of hating Rousey does any other woman in the division have a claim to being better?

If it doesn't matter, then why lie about her record?
Her resume is not as strong as Rondas but it is not "meager as fuck". The fact is the division isn't full of big names. Not many women have "impressive resumes", and the only reason Ronda does is because her name inflated that of all her opponents, holly included.

So how does it feel that a "can crusher" beat the living fuck out of your girl and sent her to a pillow and a jaw surgeon?
Who are you calling a liar, buddy?
I specifically said "corrected for fairness"
There's a shitload of posters who claim Ronda is 4th place in the Olympics which is libelous fighter bashing since there is no 4th place in the judo repechage system.

Holm fans are the worst of human kind.

What happens when Ronda fights somebody who isn't tailor made for her?

Who cares about the names on her resume when all of them are built for her style? That's why her resume is overrated. She can out grapple anybody in wmma and everybody she was matched up with before Holm were too pitiful at striking to take advantage of the massive hole in her style.

There are a couple of fighters in the division who have a legitimate claim to being better. Ronda hasn't had a legit win 1.5 years.
Tailor made, I see.
Who has she ducked exactly?
Which fighter in her weight classes?

Now that there is no belt involved, nothing to prevent a catch weight. But thats not my point, my point is Cyborg sleeps Ronda at any weight. They don't need to fight at all. More and more people are seeing this now that the hype dust has settled.
There is little doubt that Ronda feels the same way.

Tailor made, I see.

Ducking a Holm rematch for starters. Remember when she texted Dana and said "I'm coming back" as soon as Holm lost to Tate? lmao

Would not be surprised if she never fights Shev or Nunes since they can actually strike.

Still ducking Cyborg as usual

Ronda Rousey: Theoretically, 'I could beat 100 percent' of UFC men's BW's

...won't fight Cyborg at 5lbs catchweight lmao

Is that proof of competition, or a lower more even playing field?

The division didn't suddenly become light years better in 8 months. The only new face since Ronda has been gone is Valentina. Ronda was such a dominating presence in the division she made it look weak.

I was one of the ones who predicted the division becoming instantly competitive once Ronda was out of the picture. That was always the funny thing about her haters saying she's only winning because it's weak competition. She's gone and now they're jizzing themselves over how everybody in the division has improved.

Tailor made, I see.
She hasnt, unless we preemptiveky conclude that she is ducking the UFC right now.

She dominated what was put in front of her - the haters should admit.
She has only beaten one current top 5 fighter - the lovers should admit

Holm is 2-3 in the ufc.(adjusted for fair scoring)
Not exactly in the same solar system as Ronda.
One flukish win does not a goat make.
Well that is a good way to destroy all credibility!

Holly won because she fought better than Ronda. Fact. Not adjusted.

Ducking a Holm rematch for starters. Remember when she texted Dana and said "I'm coming back" as soon as Holm lost to Tate? lmao

Would not be surprised if she never fights Shev or Nunes since they can actually strike.

Still ducking Cyborg as usual.

1) Taking an eight month time out != ducking
2) Which part of 'in her weight class' do you not understand?

She hasnt, unless we preemptiveky conclude that she is ducking the UFC right now.

She dominated what was put in front of her - the haters should admit.
She has only beaten one current top 5 fighter - the lovers should admit
Yes, but she has beaten fighters that have beaten those top 5 fighters.

Well that is a good way to destroy all credibility!

Holly won because she fought better than Ronda. Fact. Not adjusted.
Holm won against Ronda but I think she should have lost against Pennington

1) Taking an eight month time out != ducking
2) Which part of 'in her weight class' do you not understand?

It equals ducking when she blatantly waited until the second Holm lost. Why not say she's coming back before the fight? Because she doesn't want to fight Holm again.

Ronda is still terrified of Cyborg because she's not tailor made for her. Ronda had no problem in saying she would fight Gina at 145 or a catchweight. Not Cyborg though. She has to stay away from dangerous strikers. If that isn't blatant ducking, idk what is. She might as well have just said, "I'll take the easier fight but not the harder one that everyone wants to see." We all know Ronda's ego is super fragile. She basically went into hiding after she lost to Holm. Imagine what she would do after she lost to Cyborg after all the shit Ronda has talked about her?

Holly>Ronda
Tate>Holly
Nunes>Tate
Zingano>Nunes
Ronda>Zingano
Nunes>Shevchenko
Shechenko>Holly
Ronda>Tate
Kaufman>Tate
Shevchenko>Kaufman
What the fuck?????

Yes, but she has beaten fighters that have beaten those top 5 fighters.
And two fighters in that top 5 have beaten Holm, and Holm beat her. But that doesnt put her behind those three for me.
I think there is work to do for any of them to claim anything. The longer Ronda sits, the more she is a thing of the past, when the division was very clearly weaker - Nunes, Holm and Schevenko being not on the radar, or not even in the organization in those days when Rousey was dominating.

Still ducking Cyborg as usual.

No I don't remember that. I do remember her texting Dana after he contacted her about Holly losing and she said "Looks like I have to get back to work" though. Since she had already started getting back to training I concluded she had been focusing on rematching Holly for the title and now she had to get back to work in training for Miesha.

You being a hater, I can see how you felt the need to make up words and attribute them to Ronda.

What's with all these Ronda threads now?

She was lucky she entered in the pre-USADA era and that the UFC had the ideal weight class for her (where she was bigger and could bully smaller girls with her strength), ideal opponents (no gameplan, no fight IQ, no striking) and the ideal momentum (WMMA being the new thing, rampant feminism in USA). She was exposed by the first stylistically uncomfortable opponent. You're free to feel otherwise but Ronda clearly doesn't since she clearly has no intention to come back and avenge her loss.

Oh come on.

The fucking division has moved on. She is idle while other women are working hard in the gym. Let's face it. When was the last time Ronda took a fight seriously ? Miesha ll ?

She started playing the Rockstar. Wasn't putting in the work. Worried more about face time than gym time. And just really bad people around her. They were all living the dream. Her coach ? Her nutritionist ?? Her romantic life ???

3 of the 4 women in front of her in the rankings likely beat her. I still favour Ronda over Miesha, though. Because Miesha went Rockstar the second she choked Holly. And that's why she's back to being a roadie.

Rockstars always need roadies.

NOBODY is dominating that division for some time. If Shevchenko wasn't so small I'd give her a very good chance of making multiple defences. But, there seems to be real parity. Or at least one fighter being able to complete shut down another fighter. But they all can be shut down... By the right fighter.

It's actually pretty fucking interesting right now.

I just hope The trend Miesha started of the ducking champ doesn't continue. Though from what I've read... it's going that way with Nunes.

And two fighters in that top 5 have beaten Holm, and Holm beat her. But that doesnt put her behind those three for me.
I think there is work to do for any of them to claim anything. The longer Ronda sits, the more she is a thing of the past, when the division was very clearly weaker - Nunes, Holm and Schevenko being not on the radar, or not even in the organization in those days when Rousey was dominating.

Both Holly and Nunes were ranked in the top 10 when Ronda had the title. What are you talking about? Valentina is the only new face since Ronda lost. Ronda lost in November and Valentina's 1st fight was in December against Kaufman .

If Ronda saw a good shrink and got her head on straight and then went down to Kings MMA and told Edmond to hit the bricks and worked like a dog at training for 6 months or so with a top notch strategist, I am pretty confident she could clean out the division.

I think Joanna is pretty damn good.

Joanna isn't enough. There are "pretty damn good" female softball players - it doesn't mean I'm going to watch them in between MLB innings.

Joanna isn't enough. There are "pretty damn good" female softball players - it doesn't mean I'm going to watch them in between MLB innings.

I gave up on MLB after 25 years of being a rabid fan. Too much whining by millionaires.

I do watch college baseball and women's softball on occasion though. Little League World Series.

Back