Outrage as Poland is going to house asylum seekers in CONTAINERS in a camp surrounded by fence

Just imagine the OUTRAGE if someone tried to make an AMERICAN citizen live in a shipping container!

Oh, wait....

1-container-guest-house.jpg

It actually looks pretty cool to live in one of these things for a while !

The problem is that it will never be a good investment, since per definition these are not "property" and will only depreciate.

Also, I could imagine that the rent in a cool container like that isn't that cheap.

Maybe the world can get a few more good Polish jokes outa this.

It actually looks pretty cool to live in one of these things for a while !

The problem is that it will never be a good investment, since per definition these are not "property" and will only depreciate.

Also, I could imagine that the rent in a cool container like that isn't that cheap.

Dude that spiffied up container would not cost much at all, some paint and some nice looking but cheap wood trim on the interior. A sliding door, most complicated expensive would be the toilet/shower plumbing but honestly this as cheap as fuck, and most should be able to do it them selves.

10k easy gets you that (not sure about container price), its the property that would cost. And property is always a great investment.

Strange. I thought there were some camps from the 40s they coudl reopen.

Dude that spiffied up container would not cost much at all, some paint and some nice looking but cheap wood trim on the interior. A sliding door, most complicated expensive would be the toilet/shower plumbing but honestly this as cheap as fuck, and most should be able to do it them selves.

10k easy gets you that (not sure about container price), its the property that would cost. And property is always a great investment.

Yeah i guess that you could buy property and put a container on it, but I think the whole concept is that you don't own the land with these ocntainers.

Oh and I would be VERY surprised if you could buy that container with only 10K.

https://www.business.com/articles/pricing-and-costs-of-shipping-containers/

According to the first hit I got on google, a high-end naked container goes up to 4K. So that would leave you with what, 6K for heating, electricity, floors, toilets, etc ? I don't think so.

Yeah i guess that you could buy property and put a container on it, but I think the whole concept is that you don't own the land with these ocntainers.

Oh and I would be VERY surprised if you could buy that container with only 10K.

https://www.business.com/articles/pricing-and-costs-of-shipping-containers/

According to the first hit I got on google, a high-end naked container goes up to 4K. So that would leave you with what, 6K for heating, electricity, floors, toilets, etc ? I don't think so.

There you got, 15k with container. Basic heating bro, you are not living in that in a Siberian winter especial with those big ass sliding doors. This looks like a California Nevada type thing.

There you got, 15k with container. Basic heating bro, you are not living in that in a Siberian winter especial with those big ass sliding doors. This looks like a California Nevada type thing.

Ok, I guess you are right...

EDIT : but then you still need to lease the land, because what we described is only for the container.

I think only asylum seekers (unprocessed immigrants) will be housed there temporarily. And the ones that can prove that they are genuine (say from Syria) will be allowed to stay in more normal housing like council flats and the other expelled to their home countries.

The worry is that the right wing will push plans to stick genuine asylum migrants in camps permanently with no access to education/work/normal stuff and generally make life difficult for them with a view to making them a political issue.

Why is it up to Poland to provide all of that for them? Why can't these refugees fight for these things in their own countries?

Here in Alaska, they insulate them and people live in them all winter. They spendnrhenbig bucks on land then drop like 25k on a container "cabin". Pretty badass actually.

tiny-house-big-living.jpg

If they don't like it they can always leave. Anyone who complains to the host nation should be deported that day and dropped back to whatever shit hole with a parachute.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back