Out of the water now! : 2 Great Whites enroute/reached New Jersey ; 1 weighing nearly 3500+lbs

chance of getting attacked by a shark is so low. nothing to worry about imo.

source - surfed for 2 decades in australia weekly.
"Nothing" is too strong a word.

Source:

We're gonna need a bigger thread

giphy.gif

I was just kidding for the most part. I went on vacation 4 years ago in the summer in Maine and they had nice beaches there. So there are good beaches in other parts of the country other then just Florida and California.

And I'm sure you're safe going in the water at these beaches since you're not going to go that deep out in the water at a beach for it being deep enough for a great white to swim in.

The big appeal to NJ beaches is that they are very close to a very large population. Probably 25 million people are within 2 hours driving to their beaches. Traveling sucks so a lot of people would rather spend under 2 hours driving in a car than to spend a full day going to the airport, flying somewhere then spending another day at the airport coming back. The beaches are pretty wide variety in terms of money.

Atlantic City = Shithole
atlantic-city.jpg

Avalon = Nice
74704875.jpg

IMG_7566_7_8.jpg

Ssssssstttttttt....

Good way the get rid of some Jersey Shore lookalikes

I totally support blm protesting and holding demonstrations infront of these sharks.
They have no leg to stand on here. If they were called great black sharks, they would have gone extinct long ago from the police shooting them.

Well I'm from jersey and no you would never fly here to come to our beaches when there are far better ones in the country.

But for the most part the jersey shore is really nice in the summer time. There are alot of really nice parts and the water is extremely clean.
first off, LOL @ that comment.

Second- isn't NJ kind of weird in that a high % of the beaches are private? I remember hearing that people will buy a membership to a beach in a lot of areas in NJ.

They are going to continue to ignore this problem until it swims up behind them and bites them on the ass!

first off, LOL @ that comment.

Second- isn't NJ kind of weird in that a high % of the beaches are private? I remember hearing that people will buy a membership to a beach in a lot of areas in NJ.

You need a badge to get onto the beach

And the beaches here are surprisingly nice

Tales by Light is a good documentary on Netflix, one of the later episodes was about sharks and it was pretty damn amazing. These divers would leave bait trails and then jump right in with Tigers, Bulls and others and pet them, even hugged one. I thought it was pretty neat and gave me a new perspective.

Last edited:
I was just kidding for the most part. I went on vacation 4 years ago in the summer in Maine and they had nice beaches there. So there are good beaches in other parts of the country other then just Florida and California.

And I'm sure you're safe going in the water at these beaches since you're not going to go that deep out in the water at a beach for it being deep enough for a great white to swim in.
Maine beaches are some of the nicest around.The entire coast is as clean as it gets.It''s a large part of the state revenue(the tourism dollar) so obviously they are well maintained.

chance of getting attacked by a shark is so low. nothing to worry about imo.

source - surfed for 2 decades in australia weekly.
There getting more frequent down here especialy on the west coast

Back