Out of the box Bjj bag

jr jr

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
So I have been hunting for a good Bjj bag for years. I used a string bag but it was really too small. I tried a regular gym bag but I like a backpack. A regular backpack has no ventilation. MMA bags are massive.

I needed a good small medium sized bag/backpack with ventilation. I did not care a ton about price but I hate ordering stuff that's expensive to have it not be what I want.

I was in a triathlon shop and I found the perfect answer. The speedo deluxe ventilator. About $20. Mesh on the sides. Front pocket for mouthpiece, tape, keys, wallet, etc....external water bottle pocket. The main compartment just fits two gis, belt, rash guard and shorts. No more.

I do believe this was made for Bjj, speedo must have a secret Bjj guy designing for them now.

Edit: Two A2's are tight. I doubt two A4s would fit.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EL...o+backpack&dpPl=1&dpID=51HGpzwaOZL&ref=plSrch

Last edited:
Vo77odMTtB4.jpg

The Datsusara Mini specs are below: I need a bjj bag not a daypack or a school bag.
Features that I don't want that add cost and complication. I like simple. I know Origin, for example, has a separate belt pocket. Why do I need that?
  • looks like 7 pockets/compartments
  • Laptop area
  • back plate
  • microfiber lined pocket
  • hydration bladder suspension tab
  • sternum strap
  • back and hip padding
  • PALS webbing
  • velcro patch
  • rain cover
This looks like a great bag for someone who carry's the bag around campus and then on to the gym. Mine gets loaded and put in the car. I walk to and from the locker room and my car. It has no mesh on the main bag for airflow. I get it. Its hard for small companies to make any money off a simple bag. I just dont need a complicated bag for BJJ. For school, sure. For my work bag, yep. For my particular BJJ needs, nope.

• Size total 17"H x 12.5"W x 6"D (45x32x16cm), capacity 1,200 cu. in. (19.6L)
  • Main compartment 18"H x 11"W x 6"D (45x28x16cm)
  • Large zip side pockets 12"H x 5"W x 2"D (30x13x5cm)
  • Front upper zip pocket 6"H x 10"W x 1"D, (15x25x2.5cm)
  • Front lower zip pocket with mesh divider 10"H x 11"W x 1"D (26x28x3cm)
  • Back plate unzips to large padded storage area 18"H x 11"W (45x28cm)
  • Top side zip pocket, microfiber lined for scratch sensitive accessories 4"H x 6"W, (10x15cm)
  • Inside main compartment, multiple zip mesh pockets and large divided back pocket for 13" laptop or other accessories
  • Media player compartment with headphone port to top center
  • Hydration bladder suspension tab
  • Sternum strap (adjustable)
  • Comfortable back and hip padding
  • Strong top side handle with D-rings on sides
  • YKK® self healing zippers
  • Front and side PALS webbing, compatible with our BAS and MPP (sold separately)
  • Removable logo with velcro patch and velcro name tape patch area (try these guys for great custom patches)
  • Includes Nasty Bag Mini for wet/soiled gear separation, 17"H x 12.5"W (44x32 cm)
  • Optional Rain Cover (sold separately)

Edit: That reads much more argumentative than it was intended. Sorry.

This is mine when I am able to evict the current tennant.

Rv7k41f.jpg

Back