Out of Prime Fighters level

alvaro franco

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
In what order of this fighters list do rank of who has decline least( all in the twilight of his careers), all out of his prime.... and rank in order the fighters who you think can retire with more good performances(in other words be competitive, maybe not win but competitive fights and not have that sad feelings to see him fight like BJ Penn)?

-Anderson Silva
-Rashad Evans
-Shogun Rua
-Vitor Belfort
-Lyoto Machida
-Jhony Hendricks
-Andrei arlovski

This is a rather arbitrary list here

Hendricks in his prime was pure pre USADA power, the testing GSP went when he was against him was better than USADA

Anderson
Shogun
Rashad
Machida
Andrei
The rest

Gomi vs bj penn 2 should've happen

They have all declined pretty bad but I would say Rashad and Vitor have declined the most.

Anderson's technique still keeps him competitive. Shogun can beat top 10 guys but not top 5.

Arlovski still moves good but it has been a while since he landed a big one on somebody before they land on him.

Johny Hendricks needs to reevaluate everything.

We haven't seen Lyoto fight in a long time. We will find out when he faces Brunson

This is a rather arbitrary list here

Hendricks in his prime was pure pre USADA power, the testing GSP went when he was against him was better than USADA

Anderson
Shogun
Rashad
Machida
Andrei
The rest
I think rashad should be in the last position due to his performance, I think there are no more shin, and very very insecure of his abilities, are too much afraid of gettin hurt that are losing to non ranked fighters or worst, very beatable fighters.

for shogun, didnt see very good fighters against him... a very declined minotoro, corey who??? and villante who is just a prospect and non ranked.

for me is

Anderson
Machida
Shogun
Andrei
Rashad

Rickson Gracie
Shogun
Hendo
Randy couture

I don't know what's wrong with Rashad.
Does he have some nagging injuries that he couldn't shake?
It's not just speed/rhythm that he lost, he fights scared now too.
The guy fought the best of the best a few years back, but he seems like he lost everything since then.

Johnny Hendricks weight cutting procedures hasn't declined at all<{blankeye}>

They have all declined pretty bad but I would say Rashad and Vitor have declined the most.

Anderson's technique still keeps him competitive. Shogun can beat top 10 guys but not top 5.

Arlovski still moves good but it has been a while since he landed a big one on somebody before they land on him.

Johny Hendricks needs to reevaluate everything.

We haven't seen Lyoto fight in a long time. We will find out when he faces Brunson
I agree with this.

Back