OSP As A Contender

A.S. Deep

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Do you guys see OSP ever becoming a legit contender for the belt?

This dude has never looked like a legit contender to me. He was on a 1 win streak (of Raf Cavalcante) before he fought Jones, and after his loss to Jones he's gone on to get KOed by Manuwa and lose to Volkan Oezdemir who had something like 4 days notice. He has had two Von-Fluke wins after that, but one is against a 4 day notice past-prime WW, and the other is against an absolute no name. Right now he is #6 (below Shogun). Even if he mauls Shogun again, I don't see him getting past the top 3 (DC, Gus, Volkan).

Yes, not because he's that good.

But LHW division s*ck Donkey d*ck right now.....

OSP is not that bad, but he's way too reliant on his athleticism, which goes out the window as soon as the first round is over. He's gonna get some wins here and there, and also give most guys fits due to his unorthodox style, but he won't ever break out as an amazing contender or anything like that.

First of all OSP is a finisher, that deserves respect, secondly his fight with Volkan was a very close fight which I think Ovince won. And he only lost to the elite guys: Glover, Bader, Jones. He should be ranked above Shogun though who was KO'd by OSP

In the current division yes he is a viable contender.

Ppl forget OSP was in strikeforce and has been fighting for a while now. Few years ago when the division was stronger he wasn't really in the mix but right now it isnt.

First of all OSP is a finisher, that deserves respect, secondly his fight with Volkan was a very close fight which I think Ovince won. And he only lost to the elite guys: Glover, Bader, Jones. He should be ranked above Shogun though who was KO'd by OSP
He was KOed by Manuwa, and the Volkan he fought had a few days notice (which is probably why he gassed). Most people would pick Volkan to KO OSP if they rematched.

OSP is not that bad, but he's way too reliant on his athleticism, which goes out the window as soon as the first round is over. He's gonna get some wins here and there, and also give most guys fits due to his unorthodox style, but he won't ever break out as an amazing contender or anything like that.

I agree. Volkan fight aside (where he weathered a rough first round and arguably eked out the next two), OSP seems to fold when the fight isn't going his way. That's not a recipe for a real contender; that being said, with LHW being super thin, he could be thrust into another shitle tot.

I agree. Volkan fight aside (where he weathered a rough first round and arguably eked out the next two), OSP seems to fold when the fight isn't going his way. That's not a recipe for a real contender; that being said, with LHW being super thin, he could be thrust into another shitle tot.
True. He'd probably have to win at least two more to get a TS. Which 2 top 10 guys do you see him beating? Perhaps Shogun and Glover?

True. He'd probably have to win at least two more to get a TS. Which 2 top 10 guys do you see him beating? Perhaps Shogun and Glover?

Yes, it's not unreasonable to say that he beats these two. Glover is powerful, but older and slower, and has taken a lot of damage. Shogun is Shogun.

Could he be a contender? Sure. LHW is so thin that one or two wins is enough to enter title talks. Could he be a "legit contender?" Absolutely not. He's simply not good enough to compete against guys like DC, Rumble, Gus, or Jones. There's a reason OSP has zero top 10 wins in his career; a fact which is particularly powerful when you consider how thin LHW is. Someone with OSP's skills wouldn't be ranked in any other division (other than maybe HW).

Epitomy of gatekeeper. Entertaining fighter who usually schools some guys but always falls short when given a real test, Shogun KO aside.

Anything is possible if DC leaves since Rumble and Jones are gone.

A lot of people think he did beat Volkan including me.

I think Gus beats him 6.5/10. OSP has the physical tools to give anyone fits. He's tall, long, and extremely strong.

Yes, it's not unreasonable to say that he beats these two. Glover is powerful, but older and slower, and has taken a lot of damage. Shogun is Shogun.

Not unreasonable but likely any version of Glover beats OSP's s ass.

Back