Oscar Winner nominated for Best Foreign Movie banned from US

i honestly dont believe in the Iranian ban. Shi'a muslims are peaceful and they arent terrorists.

Weren't we just talking about a potential war with Iran a few years ago?

There's a decent size Iranian population in the LA area. I've worked with them and they are good people in my experience. They can fit in well with Americans.
the people liked the San Bernardino shooters too. They threw them a party

Why do I care if he won an oscar? Is that a humanitarian award or something that instantly raises someone's credibility?

How many POS actors are there? A lot.

Surely you can find a better person to parade around that is now banned from entering the country for 120 days.

You know, maybe like a child refugee? That would be a better example...

Me watching the US shenanigans right now.....

giphy.gif
It's only shenanigans when Trump moves for the wins...You know you ain't laughin...you are screaming from the inside...and as Donald always says...fuck your feelings...

i honestly dont believe in the Iranian ban. Shi'a muslims are peaceful and they arent terrorists.

Iran is on the side of the Syria government fighting against the Sunnis and therefore going against US foreign policy. Hence why they are the 'enemy'. If Syria falls to Sunni extremists, I feel Iran will be painted as an even bigger enemy.

1330396153214_1330396153214_r.jpg

2011 Oscar winner Asghar Farbadi has been banned from entering the US to attend the 2017 Oscars where his movie The Salesman is nominated for Best Foreign Movie.

The star of the movie Taraneh Alidoosti has also been banned.
Salesman+Forushande+Press+Conference+69th+GQcXfBhtOC3l.jpg

Also an Iranian BBC Persia reporter who interviewed President Obama has been banned entry into the US, held at airport.
_49240909_49240908.jpg

seems Iranians and Iranian-Americans have been hit the hardest with these bans which is kinda ironic since Persians are the least religious group out of the bunch.

Who the fuck cares about the Oscars? I'd rather watch Football or MMA:)

Should be happy, that policy probably just won him the award followed by an accepted on behalf speech that will rip into donald and get a liberal hollywood cheer.

Should have let him back in and jailed his jihad ass.

A ban is a ban. Not "Ban, except for Hollywood people because they are special."

Iran should not be on the ban list

lol at the dumbfucks in here who can't tell the difference between moderate shia and sunni extremists

It's like equating catholics and the westboro baptist church

Or maybe because Iranians are usually Shiite and therefore don't really mix with the Sunni terrorist groups, who actually kill Shiite on sight? There are plenty acts of terror that were carried out by Iran; ISIS and AQ aren't the first and only terrorist groups.
True but its not the same sort that the Sunnis do. The international terrorism committed by Shi'a is usually done by Hezbollah or similar groups so its a far more organized affair. Its planned by professionals as opposed to some loony cunt reading some stuff on the internet and then going out and shooting a mall or something. And the Shi'a usually target Israelis.

Iran is on the side of the Syria government fighting against the Sunnis and therefore going against US foreign policy. Hence why they are the 'enemy'. If Syria falls to Sunni extremists, I feel Iran will be painted as an even bigger enemy.

The government in Iran sucks... the people do not.

They are not banned. Fake news.

I wonder if Trump has had intel that made this ban a priority. Maybe we don't know everything.

They are banned lol why are you guys saying they aren't banned?
The U.S. banned both immigrants and travelers. Don't get confused between the actress who boycott the Oscar and this director.

Iran ban is really stupid, they are the lesst likely to bomb US.

Back