Oscar De La Hoya vs Floyd Mayweather Jr. - Full Documentary

what's the general consensus on this fight anyways? it clearly wasn't a robbery, but i thought DLH did enough.

This was back when Floyd's schtik was entertaining, he messed with Oscar so much.

As for the fight, I think anything other a Floyd win would have been one of the biggest robberies in recent times. It's been a while since I watched it but I don't see how Oscar could have possibly won more than 6 rounds.

Can't watch it all, before I head out for brunch. Do you know the time stamp for the De La Hoya camp hot tub rub town? Trying to bust one out before I go

what's the general consensus on this fight anyways? it clearly wasn't a robbery, but i thought DLH did enough.
Most people here scored it for Mayweather.

Oscar started out pretty well, but he abandoned his game plan once Floyd got his timing down. It was close enough, I think I had it 115/113 for Floyd which is the closest score I think I had in a Mayweather fight since.

Good fight, Oscar had it in the bag if he stuck with the jab the whole fight. He was long enough and fast enough to keep Floyd out there and with not much else to do. But eventually he wanted to hurt Floyd and started to try to walk him down, which put things in Floyd's favor. I had it 7-5 Mayweather. That night Oscar probably would've beaten anyone else. He was pretty damn sharp. But that was the best version of Floyd Mayweather Jr. ever.

Most people here scored it for Mayweather.

Oscar started out pretty well, but he abandoned his game plan once Floyd got his timing down. It was close enough, I think I had it 115/113 for Floyd which is the closest score I think I had in a Mayweather fight since.
oscar wasnt going to maintain the same pace regardless if floyd timed him

Floyd cleared it by 2 rounds. 15-13 was fair

Back