Ortho or Southpaw Dilemma

Personally when i'm sparring i utilize the switch hook to throw my opponent off, then i spar with the southpaw stance using my left kick to the body, and hand combinations it took a while to get use to, but i got it, you should practice on the bag and shadowbox with both, different things work for different people so i'm not going to say use the switch hook a lot, just practice movement, and angles with both, and work on your weaker hand on the bag in both stances.

If you're leftie come to the dark side and join the southpaws it's awesome over here lol.

Hagler was pretty close to world class, and he was a switch hitter... but I think that the rarity of successful switch hitters shows that they are definitely the exception, not the rule.

...Marvin Hagler was undisputed MW champ for 7 years. He beat Hearns and Duran (and his late career loss to Leonard was close, I still think he won). He was one of the best MWs of all time.

Marvin-Hagler.jpg

If you're leftie come to the dark side and join the southpaws it's awesome over here lol.
I dunno if its that great, your filthy kind hates sparring against each other. Went SP once and the guy acted like I put poop in his drink

...Marvin Hagler was undisputed MW champ for 7 years. He beat Hearns and Duran (and his late career loss to Leonard was close, I still think he won). He was one of the best MWs of all time.

Marvin-Hagler.jpg

See my above post when I say I like to understate things.

Decides to stick to orthodox and have fun power jabbing. I sparred a few times exclusively fighting in both stances and I had tremendous success with power jabbing and left hooking. So thanks for your opinions.

i3tpc9.jpg

Now I remember why I avoid the Stand Up sub forum...

I dunno if its that great, your filthy kind hates sparring against each other. Went SP once and the guy acted like I put poop in his drink
Haha, what a sad reaction, I love sparring other SP's it gives so many other options for counters and I love the fact that it makes the outside lowkick available with my rear leg ! But in all honesty I think you should train both stances consistently so you always have the option to switch up your attack!

Haha, what a sad reaction, I love sparring other SP's it gives so many other options for counters and I love the fact that it makes the outside lowkick available with my rear leg ! But in all honesty I think you should train both stances consistently so you always have the option to switch up your attack!
I kid. I actually use both stances sparribgly. I'm normal, but my left side has always been stronger. But since I'm a tighty I just use SP attacks limitedly. I went SP a few times against other sp's and it confused the hell out of them. One was a new pro actually with an extensive ammy record

Back