Ortega vs Edgar anyone?

Ortega vs Aldo is the match to make.

Think about that fight... and now tell me you don't wanna see it!

I'm ok with Ortega vs Lamas, too, though. Interesting to see if the brutal GnP of Lamas can get through the guard of Ortega.

I do but I realise reasonable people could disagree. However, in terms of rankings, there is a vast middle ground between Holloway and Ortega. Surely Edgar is closer to the former than the latter?
vast middle ground?
Lamas and Swanson got beat by Holloway soundly and Elkins hasn't fought a top ten.
I'd rather see Ortega than any of those guys.

I can agree it should be either Ortega or Frankie but with the loss to aldo seeming so fresh I just feel Ortega is the better choice right now.
unless of course they could book Tony vs max!!!

A little too soon. Wouldn't mind seeing Ortega fight Cub or Lamas right now. If he wins that fight, then give him a shot at one of Aldo/Edgar/Holloway.

I can agree it should be either Ortega or Frankie but with the loss to aldo seeming so fresh I just feel Ortega is the better choice right now.
unless of course they could book Tony vs max!!!

We really do see things differently! I was arguing that it would be premature to put Ortega against Edgar and now I see you think Ortega should be fighting Holloway (who as of now is a step above Edgar)! No, Ortega has looked great against lower ranked opponents but he needs to beat a serious contender before he fights the champion.

Terrible match-up. I think we've learned a lesson not to put prospects against Edgar, it never ends well. Ortega's nowhere near ready for Edgar yet. Build him slowly, there's plenty of other guys in the division.

For some reason I want to see Ortega vs Stephens

Good fight. Both scrap. And the grappling would be crazy. Might be a little to early for Ortega at the moment.

I think it might actually be perfect timing much like Penn/Edgar. This could be a passing of the torch moment for Ortega. He has all the tools and the size to demolish edgar, and Edgar might be a bit more reluctant to go to the ground with him

Terrible match-up. I think we've learned a lesson not to put prospects against Edgar, it never ends well. Ortega's nowhere near ready for Edgar yet. Build him slowly, there's plenty of other guys in the division.

Ortega is more then a "prospect". I could actually see him winning this fight. He has all the tools to beat Edgar, size, stand up, chin, and his ground game is retarded. Frankie may not want to go to the ground with him

We really do see things differently! I was arguing that it would be premature to put Ortega against Edgar and now I see you think Ortega should be fighting Holloway (who as of now is a step above Edgar)! No, Ortega has looked great against lower ranked opponents but he needs to beat a serious contender before he fights the champion.
I was just pointing out Ortega is as attractive as answer for a shot if it isn't Edgar vs Ortega.

he hsould fight korean zombie if aldo doesnt. i guess aldo wants cub so give ortega the KZ

If Frankie can't beat Holloway it's prob curtains.
I think Frankie can get it done, but if he comes up short i can see him possibly going down to 135 but i am not sure how well that cut would go for him.

Edgar has literally fought like 3 or 4 times solely because the champ is sidelined/injured/vacant. Let the dude get his TS

He's literally on a 2 fight win streak since getting wrecked by Aldo in his last title shot. Which was his second title shot at featherweight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back