Ori and the Will of the Wisps

jefferz

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Microsoft announced a new Ori game at E3. I didn't even know they were making another one.
The first one is probably my favorite game of the past 5 years. The art style, the music, and the game play was fucking amazing.

I loved Ori And The Blind Forest until I got stuck in that stupid fuckin Ginso Tree level
I tried for months to beat that damn water to the top of the tree but I could never get past it
Since there was no way to continue without beating that level that was the end of the game for me

I loved Ori And The Blind Forest until I got stuck in that stupid fuckin Ginso Tree level
I tried for months to beat that damn water to the top of the tree but I could never get past it
Since there was no way to continue without beating that level that was the end of the game for me

You think that was frustrating? Good thing you didn't get to the Forlorn ruins, aka snow temple.

Can't wait for this game, it's a day 1 buy for me.

Looks like the Owl will be a new pet/companion and I like the new weapons like the bow and arrow and sword.

Microsoft announced a new Ori game at E3. I didn't even know they were making another one.
The first one is probably my favorite game of the past 5 years. The art style, the music, and the game play was fucking amazing.

Damn, I had no idea. I'd tested the Demo on the Xbox One a bit when it ran up all those GOTY nominations and awards, and I was very impressed, but it's been a long time since I've done side-scrollers (I spent more time poking around on the Trine games via Android).

I gotta download this is on Steam.

Damn, I had no idea. I'd tested the Demo on the Xbox One a bit when it ran up all those GOTY nominations and awards, and I was very impressed, but it's been a long time since I've done side-scrollers (I spent more time poking around on the Trine games via Android).

I gotta download this is on Steam.

I'm not a huge side scroller fan either, but Ori hooked me on the story and artwork. For $10, it's a no-brainer.

I've been playing through the first one this week and it's fucking awesome. AAA+

Was it this part?

I just beat this part last night, it was fucking intense. Took way too many tries lol.

Was it this part?

I just beat this part last night, it was fucking intense. Took way too many tries lol.

Fuck that level
I've reinstalled the game a couple times to try and beat it again but as soon as you start the checkpoint the water starts rushing in which means you have no time to get reacquainted with the controls before you start the race so it's even more impossible now

I think I'm in the minority that didn't find the original all that great. I love me some "Metroidvania", but something about that game felt tedious and unrewarding. I didn't find much incentive to all the backtracking, and dealing with annoying enemies over and over, without much reward at all. I liked "Hollow Knight" much better in that regard, because it was always giving you something for it's tedious busywork.

It wasn't a bad game, it just went over the line in trying my patience, and ultimately whittled me down to not giving a shit.

I'll still try the new one though. With a few tweaks to it's formula, I'd probably love it.

Loved the first, and maybe didn’t die as much as others, because the frustration was never there for me.
This looks great. The feels are there

I have the first game on Steam, but I've barely touched it. It's one of those backlog games that for whatever reason stays on my "I'll get to it eventually... (maybe)" list.

That makes me feel like a horrible person. :(

Comes out tomorrow and this is easily one of my most highly anticipated games of the year as Ori and the Blind Forest is one of my top 10 games of this gen easily.

As it stands from the reviews I've seen Will of the Wisps supersedes it's predecessor 10 fold.

Reviews are out.

The first potential GOTY drops tomorrow.

Played for a couple hours today. Amazing game and appears to be even better than the original so far. I usually don't care at all for stories in games but this one does such an incredible job with the story that I enjoy that as well.

I heard somewhere that this game was difficult. I don't agree but maybe those people just aren't used to platformers. Games been a breeze for me so far and it's really simple just to heal yourself whenever you need it.

Played for a couple hours today. Amazing game and appears to be even better than the original so far. I usually don't care at all for stories in games but this one does such an incredible job with the story that I enjoy that as well.

I heard somewhere that this game was difficult. I don't agree but maybe those people just aren't used to platformers. Games been a breeze for me so far and it's really simple just to heal yourself whenever you need it.

I just got to the Luma Pools and up until this zone the game ran relatively well. But since getting to the Luma Pools this game has some TERRIBLE optimization. The day 1 patch didn't fix a lot of pre-release optimization issues, which was supposed to resolve a lot of performance issues didn't. Lots of lost and dropped frames, constant freezing when loading the map or teleporting or retrying and some vertical screen tearing. Digital Foundry wasn't lying. I am on an S and not an X but I heard the X has some optimization problems as well not holding a steady 60 frames. If this game didn't have such terrible performance issues I would easily give it a 10/10.

It is the gold standard of Metroidvania platformers. But until this performance issue is patched out, as of now I have to give it a 9/10. Just brutal.

Have you had any issues @IamStryker ? Are you on an OG, S, X or PC?

Digital Foundry vid I referenced below.. 7:25 Timestamp if you don't want to watch the entire video.

Last edited:
I just got to the Luma Pools and up until this zone the game ran relatively well. But since getting to the Luma Pools this game has some TERRIBLE optimization. The day 1 patch didn't fix a lot of pre-release optimization issues, which was supposed to resolve a lot of performance issues didn't. Lots of lost and dropped frames, constant freezing when loading the map or teleporting or retrying and some vertical screen tearing. Digital Foundry wasn't lying. I am on an S and not an X but I heard the X has some optimization problems as well not holding a steady 60 frames. If this game didn't have such terrible performance issues I would easily give it a 10/10.

It is the gold standard of Metroidvania platformers. But until this performance issue is patched out, as of now I have to give it a 9/10. Just brutal.

Have you had any issues @IamStryker ? Are you on an OG, S, X or PC?

Digital Foundry vid I referenced below.. 7:25 Timestamp if you don't want to watch the entire video.

OG XBOX. Yes the freezing and stuttering has been annoying but hasn't been game breaking. Today went pretty well. This is still one of my favorite games ever. Gold standard is right. Best story telling. Best platforming. Incredible graphics. 10/10

Back