Orange County mma gyms ..

IvanDrago2.0

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Long story short, had a issue and lost a lot of muscle/cardio etc .. now I’m finally in somewhat of a decent weight (6’3 240 lbs).. looking for a great mma gym in the Orange County area where I can pick up muay thai, wrestling, and judo and see what happens.. once I begin dieting and lifting consistently I’ll probably be around 250-260 lbs lean so I’d like a gym with some guys with size as well.. I’ve heard of rounders in Santa Ana and oyama in Irvine.. any tips or recommendations would greatly be appreciated.

The UFC gyms in Lake Forest and Aliso Viejo. When you join one, you can go to the other as well. Between those two, there are some great boxing, kickboxing and BJJ coaches. (BJJ in Lake Forest for sure) They don't have an mma program per se, you just pick the style(s) that want you want to do. Not many students who do mma, but lots of good students who do each style.

Long story short, had a issue and lost a lot of muscle/cardio etc .. now I’m finally in somewhat of a decent weight (6’3 240 lbs).. looking for a great mma gym in the Orange County area where I can pick up muay thai, wrestling, and judo and see what happens.. once I begin dieting and lifting consistently I’ll probably be around 250-260 lbs lean so I’d like a gym with some guys with size as well.. I’ve heard of rounders in Santa Ana and oyama in Irvine.. any tips or recommendations would greatly be appreciated.

if you want to compete I would suggest staying away from UFC gyms.

Oyamas is good, theres a kings MMA in HB as well. I would think you would probably be better off narrowing your selection down to a few you are considering and than asking for input on those gyms specifically.

Oyamas is good, theres a kings MMA in HB as well. I would think you would probably be better off narrowing your selection down to a few you are considering and than asking for input on those gyms specifically.
Well from what I’ve seen in the ufc hw division = competing is a goal at this point lol might as well chase the carrot at the end of the stick. I’ve narrowed it down to 4 now.. rounders, Kings , oyama ( although last on my list for lack of size hws) , and werdum’s school out by Venice .. out of those 4 schools which would be the better choice to compete down the road

The UFC gyms in Lake Forest and Aliso Viejo. When you join one, you can go to the other as well. Between those two, there are some great boxing, kickboxing and BJJ coaches. (BJJ in Lake Forest for sure) They don't have an mma program per se, you just pick the style(s) that want you want to do. Not many students who do mma, but lots of good students who do each style.
I will go check them out since they’re close to where I live. Thank you

I will go check them out since they’re close to where I live. Thank you
It was said earlier to stay away from UFC gyms if you want to compete. The guys doing BJJ at UFC in Lake Forest definitely compete. There are some boxers who compete.

No disrespect to Rounds or Oyama, but if you want to really train go to Kings MMA, by far the best gym in SoCal; Tj has a gym in Anaheim but it is invite/pro only atm

Another good option would be Grappler's Studio in Laguna Hills.

Surprised nobody mentioned Tiki Ghosn's HB Ultimate. Gotta be one of the biggest and best in the area.

Oh shit, that's where I go. Small world..

The 2 ufc gyms mentioned are legit imo. Guys compete at bjj and boxing and do well from what I hear.

Last edited:
The 2 ufc gyms mentioned are legit imo. Guys compete at bjj and boxing and do well from what I hear.

generally speaking UFC gyms are lame, UFC gyms are not producing UFC fighters. Some of them are starting to have guys competing at local shows and what not, just generally speaking Im sure theres some here and there with good coaches, im friends with a few UFC gym coaches

generally speaking UFC gyms are lame, UFC gyms are not producing UFC fighters. Some of them are starting to have guys competing at local shows and what not, just generally speaking Im sure theres some here and there with good coaches, im friends with a few UFC gym coaches
You're in so cal, right? Do you want to come train sometime? I think Mark at Aliso is a good striking coach but I'm not a high level myself. Earl at Lake Forest is a good bjj coach.

You're in so cal, right? Do you want to come train sometime? I think Mark at Aliso is a good striking coach but I'm not a high level myself. Earl at Lake Forest is a good bjj coach.

im always down to network and get some training in!

Thanks guys after tons of homework and consulting with friends etc I decided on blackhouse in Redondo Beach . Kind of a drive but luckily I have nothing else to do atm lol thank you all for your input . This should be fun

its hard to find legit mma gyms today besides the very top ones as most of mma guys travel around to dif gyms working on certain skills like team quest in portland most guys now go to gracie barra ect it seems since bjjs rise in 2010 2011 mma gyms started shutting down more guys do bjj since its alot easier on the body so most mma guys who are seasoned usually they travel around to diff gyms not usually stationary at just one

if u wana get basic mma training yeah u can find gyms all over to teach some good fundamentals but if u wana really fight pro or whatever u gotta meet the guys who travel around

if you want muay thai in OC Seuua Daao is the place to go. Contact him via social media

Back