Optimum weight class for height ranges. Why tall champs don't exist at below Welterweight

• Thread starter SouthoftheAndes
  • Start date
I know it's not. However, what I said largely seems to be the case in mma. Tall fighters who are +6ft are either cans or gatekeepers at LW or below (generally speaking). How else do we explain why they get fucking manhandled by guys like Gastellum or Hughes or GSP? And why are all the champs, top fighters and contenders not tall at these weight classes?

And they tend to get dominated physically by the shorter more stout and built fighters. If the taller fighters were to be as strong as the shorter more built guys they would have to bulk and gain mass and wouldn't be able to make their current weight division. There is a reason why all the tall fighters in low weight classes are weak as fuck and get thrown are round by shorter but way strong grapplers.

You are obviously to ignorant to understand the importance of strength. You also, fail to realize that while mma is not body building the same limits to muscle mass and strength and typical lean max body mass an individual can obtain is the same.

At 6% body fat more or less yes. For a natural lifter

And the only people who don't like this information are rounder short fatties. And tall skinny fat or skinny bean poles if you are 6'3 or 6'4 you shouldn't be fighting at WW let alone below WW. You need to fucking eat, gain some strength and mass, and grow a pair and fight guys around your same height.

I don't like this chart for the reason that it is bullshit.

I am 5'11. Before I started taking SARMS in early spring, I was 185 and about 8% bodyfat. That would be 5 lbs HEAVIER than the max for a natural bodybuilder. I am not a bodybuilder. I workout for fun. I know it's not "natural" but after SARMS I am 195 lbs and about 10% BF. I have never taken steroids. I think this chart in the very least needs to increase the amount of LBM a natural bodybuilder can put on.

I would venture that Steve Reeves was about 7% BF at 215 lbs, 6'1 in his prime. That would put him at 200 lbs LBM, or in other words, 23 lbs HEAVIER than the max potential for a natty bodybuilder.

The chart sucks.

It is more or less accurate. The website is legit which promotes this idea and it is common knowledge in the bodybuilding community.

We are talking an individual who doesn't use any PEDs fyi.

http://www.builtlean.com/2011/03/30/how-much-muscle-can-you-gain-naturally/

I also, won't entertain you Atmore as I don't want to derail the thread. You can choose to believe that a guy can naturally be 6'5, 265lbs at 6% body fat. However, don't expect anyone to take you seriously.

Yeah, you told me I don't know what I'm talking about then wasn't able to provide anything of substance to substantiate your claim that I didn't know what I was talking about.

This is a trend I've noticed on here lately.
OO6rH.png

That's basically 4% BF, also 210 is for competition weight for someone 6'5. Watercutting for Bodybuilding is = to or more severe than UFC watercutting for weighins. Walk around weight/off-season weight for someone like that would be around 240 while still basically shredded and 260+ in a bulk. Also keep in mind bodybuilders have completely different frames than someone very heavy like Brock lesnar who himself juices, top bodybuilders have insanely narrow waists and hips(genetics) which makes them lighter than the barrel like shape of lesnar or strongmen.

Thank you for actually giving an answer that makes sense. The chart was based on competition while being dehydrated, the guy that made the thread never said that and couldn't even use that as an answer when I asked him to explain where I was wrong.

The chart was based on competition while being dehydrated, the guy that made the thread never said that and couldn't even use that as an answer when I asked him to explain where I was wrong.
Is it though?

Seems like there is just LBM and LBM + 6% BF columns. No mention of dehydration.

Is it though?

Seems like there is just LBM and LBM + 6% BF columns. No mention of dehydration.

That's what the other guy above your initial post said...i mean the way he said it made sense. The way the threadstarter did, just seemed stupid when you actually look at it, and he was too stupid to give a rational explanation.

OO6rH.png

That's basically 4% BF, also 210 is for competition weight for someone 6'5. Watercutting for Bodybuilding is = to or more severe than UFC watercutting for weighins. Walk around weight/off-season weight for someone like that would be around 240 while still basically shredded and 260+ in a bulk. Also keep in mind bodybuilders have completely different frames than someone very heavy like Brock lesnar who himself juices, top bodybuilders have insanely narrow waists and hips(genetics) which makes them lighter than the barrel like shape of lesnar or strongmen.

Yeah I should of clarified about the difference between the chart and walk around weight. I omitted that because I felt it would make my first post way too long. I also, figured someone like yourself might onterject and clear up some of the confussion.

However, my main point still stands. Also, I said to add 15lbs to 20lbs for each height and that is roughly the weight that UFC fighters at that height tend to fight at (LHW and HW as I noted are exceptions). I also, don't get why my main point is that hard to comprehend. Joe Rogan has made similar comments as have other 'fight' experts. For christ sakes even guys like Dolce talk about leaning out their fighters aND getting them at a lower weight. But with more muscle as a % of body weight.

The johny HendricKS interview in which he talks about being 25% body fat at 220lbs on a 5'9 frame. And he was talking about how Dolce wanted him at 190lbs when not fighting and at like 185lbs when fighting. But that Johny would compromise with being 205lbs to 210lbs at 17% or 18% body fat before startING his camp. And then weighing in at 190lbs or so on fight night. And Dolce in effect with Hendricks was noting that for Hendricks his optimum weight range based on his height should be 190lbs max when fighting.

That's what the other guy above your initial post said...i mean the way he said it made sense. The way the threadstarter did, just seemed stupid when you actually look at it, and he was too stupid to give a rational explanation.

Jimmies rustled. Butt hurt confirmed.

Tony Ferguson could be champ. He's 6'.

I think part of the reason we don't see taller guys at WW and below is not because of a mechanical disadvantage, so much as it is because those weight classes are really deep. Average height in the US is 5'10", so LW and WW draw from a huge talent pool. LHW has a really shitty talent pool, almost as bad as HW, so if you have the natural size to compete there, theres no reason not to.

MW also thins out pretty quickly after the top few guys, so if you're a taller guy, it's probably easier to just fight there than punish yourself with your diet/weight cut to fight the really well rounded talent at WW.

Jimmies rustled. Butt hurt confirmed.
No.

The problem is you.

You are difficult to follow. You make errors in your points. Then, you say, "well that's what other posters are here for - to clean up the garbage that is my shit-posting - therefore I am right."

No, you are wrong and a fucking idiot.

No.

The problem is you.

You are difficult to follow. You make errors in your points. Then, you say, "well that's what other posters are here for - to clean up the garbage that is my shit-posting - therefore I am right."

No, you are wrong and a fucking idiot.

Thank you.

The chart aside. You don't find it interesting and true that taller fighters at lower weight classes suck ass? Why is it they always get manhandled by shorter but stronger fighters? Why is it they are always so skinny and weak and get buttraped/tossed around?

All I am essentially arguing is that there are roughly optimum weight ranges for fighters based of their height.

Also, you yourself sort of prove my point. You are 5'11 and a little under 200lbs? Well dude you could either make WW or be a MW. This is assuming you are not fat/skinny fat which based off what you said you arent.

Do you think based off your height you could be an effective HW or LHW? Maybe LHW but HW would be a stretch unless you are really good like Fedor good. And remember 5'11 1/2, Fedor was 235lbs in his prime and like 15% body fat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your stupidity didn't rustle anything, stop going to sherdog go-to catch phrases when you're too stupid to make a solid comeback.

You get way too into sherdog man. It is rather pathetic. Especially after you got owned. Get out of my thread and go live your life. Calm down man

You get way too into sherdog man. It is rather pathetic. Especially after you got owned. Get out of my thread and go live your life. Calm down man

Sherdog is life. It's pathetic that you're an idiot that made a dumb thread in which you needed another poster to come in and make sense out of it for you. There should be a special forum for learning disabled people like yourself.

Sherdog is life. It's pathetic that you're an idiot that made a dumb thread in which you needed another poster to come in and make sense out of it for you. There should be a special forum for learning disabled people like yourself.

raw

Lol also, you got issues. Pathetic

tumblr_ngvgmkiNGS1tq4of6o1_500.gif

Don't make me own you again. And again gtfo my thread and go live your life you small, small, minded and small endowed escuse for a man.

The human body is not a math formula and many people fall outside these generalised formulas.

There is no one suits all weight to body mass ratio, you will find that human physiology can massively differ in any given individual, the rarionale behind the taller fighters not possessing the same potential strength as the more stout fighters is fair enough but freaks such as your max holloways or jon jones who posess masses of strengths in all areas of the game, for example jon jones has been seen to be carrying out incredible feats of strength considering his height such as a newr 600lb deadlift and squat, mechanically it shouldnt work very well but in actuality it does and you can see it translates over into the fight with dc being regarded as the strongest fighter in the lhw division not being able to succesfully outstrength jon.

Anyway ive ran off down a different rabbit hole there but any given person can have a differenr amoint of power or stremgth and even to this day physiologists and anatomosts cant entirely predicy ones natural limits whether it to be height to weight and muscle mass or strength discrepencies in relation to height.

Back