Optimum Nutrition protein causing stomach fat?

Kenjamito

Freakin Covid
@Blue
Reaction score
Or at least the appearance of stomach fat? It seems when on this protein my stomach was not going down. Last night after a workout with strictly weights, I used no protein and just made a chicken salad, and had my usual scoop of creatine. This morning, my stomach instantly appeared smaller.

I usually used Optimum Nutrtion protein after boxing and Jiu Jitsu workouts as well. I wonder if somehow or another my body does not benefit from this protein.

Belly fat is not going to grow/shrink that quickly that you'd see it change in a single night. More likely your overall level of (de)hydration.

Interesting. Its obvious your body is on opposite day. I hate when this happens. You need to quickly go to McDonalds and order half the menu. You will wake up with a 9 pack. I bet you didnt know a 9 pack was possible, did ya?

It's whey right? I'm thinking you may have some degree of lactose intolerance. Lactose intolerance is incredibly common among non-European populations since their ancestors didn't drink milk. Just switch to a different protein source and you're golden.

https://www.nichd.nih.gov/sites/def...ns/pubs/documents/NICHD_MM_Lactose_FS_rev.pdf
An estimated 30 million to 50 million American adults are lactose intolerant.
The pattern of primary lactose intolerance appears to have a genetic component, and specific populations show high levels of intolerance, including approximately: 95 percent of Asians, 60 percent to 80 percent of African Americans and Ashkenazi Jews, 80 percent to 100 percent of American Indians, and 50 percent to 80 percent of Hispanics.
Lactose intolerance is least common among people of northern European origin, who have a lactose intolerance prevalence of only about 2 percent.

Back