Opinions on this fight (women's g.o.a.t. Lucia Rijker)

Yourstepdad

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

This fight was basically world champ vs. European champ. Lucia Rijker vs. Jane Couch.

Isn't this technically the best, or at least one of the best, boxing performances we have ever seen from a woman?

They don't make em like her anymore. She retired with a combined pro record in boxing and kickboxing of 54-0-0.(38KO/TKO)

Layla Ali avoided this woman like the plague her entire career.

@Sinister Might I humbly ask for your opinion too?:cool:

(On a side note, Lucia's also the person who was supposedly "dropped" by Ronda in sparring, according to Edmond xD not even Joe Rogan had believed this credible enough to pick up the news, so then Edmond started yapping about Diana Prazak, Lucia's world champ pupil at the time. Meanwhile Lucia voiced her concerns about Ronda sparring Diana, cuz RR didnt even seem to have the basics down and LR felt bad for her)

Last edited:
Lucia Rijker's a dirty fighter. She hit Maggie Fitzgerald with a sucker punch after the bell, resulting in the latter being paralyzed after dropping Maggie and hitting her neck on an unattended stool in her corner.

Lucia Rijker's a dirty fighter. She hit Maggie Fitzgerald with a sucker punch after the bell, resulting in the latter being paralyzed after dropping Maggie and hitting her neck on an unattended stool in her corner.

<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><{anton}>

I know her as the chick that KTFO by some 9 fight ammy fighter.

<36>

I know her as the chick that KTFO by some 9 fight ammy fighter.

<36>

Yeah that was a terrible match up from her psycho coach (who hadn't told her beforehand it was going to be a dude. Which later on made her fearful for her fight against a male-looking boxer. She thought Freddie Roach had played the same trick at first.)

In her defense though, dude was australasian champ and 14-0 at the time. And LR took the loss like a champ

^
It's too bad that many fight fans think of that mishap when they hear her name

Completely overshadows her reign of terror amongst the ladies for over 20 years

:meow:Lucia Rijker before the fight

<{JustBleed}> The crowd

{<buffer}The Ring Announcer

<{cum@me}> Her opponent

{<RR}Rijker during the fight

<{cuts}>Her opponent's corner

<15> .05 seconds after the punch lands

<mma2> 1 second after the punch lands

:rustled: <Ellaria01>Her corner

<{nope}> Most unbiased observers

<Fedor23> Me

<WellThere> my opinion

Last edited:
^

Yeah. Funny it overshadows even her paralyzing some opponent of hers with an illegal shot (source : Sherdog)

Never knew that.

Lucia is the GOAT no doubt. The unbelievable thing is she was a better kickboxer.

Lucia is the GOAT no doubt. The unbelievable thing is she was a better kickboxer.

Indeed, very skillful.

She started out in judo and became national champ at age 6 (she was national fencing champ at age 12). Apart from this she has black belts in kyokushin and japanese jiu jitsu.

Imagine her in today's mma.

Indeed, very skillful.

She started out in judo and became national champ at age 6 (she was national fencing champ at age 12). Apart from this she has black belts in kyokushin and japanese jiu jitsu.

Imagine her in today's mma.
She would be a destroyer. Only Cyborg or Nunes would be challenges

^

Great fighter! She shouldn't have been matched against a fella and it takes nothing away from her achievements imo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back