Opinions on a handgun.

Gp100s are awesome. I'd never buy a Taurus. Apparently they have gotten better over the past few years but Im still skeptical about their durability with full power magnum loads. Even S&W revolvers don't have as long of a life span if fed enough dullnpower magnums ....rugers on the other hand...you'll never wear one out.

Rugers are fucking tanks. So are some Smiths tho.

speaking of ruger, anyone have an opinion on the LC9S?

Looks like I might be adding this Beretta to my personal collection if I don't sell it by the end of the year . . .

352q1yp.jpg

speaking of ruger, anyone have an opinion on the LC9S?

My dad has the new lc9 that dosent have the manual safety. Is that the same thing? If so, it's a solid cc pistol, not much fun at the range but carries well, is reliable and fairly accurate.

My dad has the new lc9 that dosent have the manual safety. Is that the same thing? If so, it's a solid cc pistol, not much fun at the range but carries well, is reliable and fairly accurate.
main difference is the lc9s is striker fired, so the trigger probably has an easier draw compared to a DOA. I saw one on sale and I was thinking about getting one, but I might have to wait until after the holidays.

Because @that1guy1980 is a cockstain.
Looks like this cockstain breathed life into a 7 year old thread, and managed to spark an informative conversation...A lot can change in 7 years... Technological advances are moving along at breakneck speed... You should try to keep up...

Sheeeeiit, looking back at this thread, I remember when I paid like $600ish for my GP-100 like 5 years ago and they're damned near $1k now. The exchange rate has been keeping me out of the market, I can't seem to get over what pricing was like when the dollar was near par.

Sheeeeiit, looking back at this thread, I remember when I paid like $600ish for my GP-100 like 5 years ago and they're damned near $1k now. The exchange rate has been keeping me out of the market, I can't seem to get over what pricing was like when the dollar was near par.

Always forget you're up there. Damn that sucks, 525-675 is par here depending on model/options

Shitty part is, my "new" coworker is a gun nut too (hunting rifles) and watching him browse stores and retailers all day doesn't help matters. I think If I ever feel compelled to buy anything, it will likely be because it's on sale and I may have a hard time finding it again, at such a "low" price in the future.

As I am going to be turning 21 soon Im looking to get myself a pistol.

Im undecided on what kind I want. I like revolvers at heart and really have my eye on either one of these.

Smith and Wesson 686

Its a .357 Magnum able to fire .38s as well. Stainless steel but heres the catch you get 7 shots instead of 6. About $600

But theres also this.

The Smith and Wesson Model 25

The main reason I want one of these is because its a .45 revolver. I want a large handgun because I intend on hunting more big game in my life and I want an efficient pistol at my side. These are more pricey(Around $800) and rightfully so because its a true hand cannon.

But then I find myself thinking about an automatic(I will own all these guns one day either way) so heres my ideas on those.

The Springfield XDM9
Its a 9mm handgun and although Ive heard questionable things about 9mm I wouldnt get this pistol in anything larger. Ive shot the XD .45 and I thought that the frame of the gun was a bit too small for the .45 cartridge. I think one of these in 9mm is a good buy because its around $650 after tax. And they have a lifetime warranty.

But then Im drawn back to a bigger automatic. I like the .45 round in a handgun as long as its not a smaller gun which is where I came across this.
Springfield 1911
I like the classic look of the 1911 and Ive always wanted one exactly like this. Also pretty cheap around $600 after tax

What say you sherdoggers? What should Scrody buy as his first pistol?

I have a 686 and love it, mine is in the 6 shot though but still with the 6'' barrel. It's very accurate, so much so it's very forgiving to a newbie shooter like me. However I expect you to pay a little more than $600. New they are like $800+ unless you are buying used. But even then when I was looking to get a value on mine (got it for free) I was seeing used ones still in the $700 range.

Hard to beat a Ruger GP100 for the price, build guilty, and pure awesomeness of it.

Hard to beat a Ruger GP100 for the price, build guilty, and pure awesomeness of it.

I don't even look at s&w revolvers anymore and that's coming from somebody who carries one in the field 7 days a week for work....in Alaska. For me it's ruger redhawks all the way. Gp100s are awesome but 357mag won't cut it up here.

I think u should get something that is not burdensome to carry whatsoever. That's why I have a S and W bodyguard 380 semi. Its nice being armed and never worrying about printing with a simple uncle mikes pocket holster.

Back