Opinions on a handgun.

No CZ?

tumblr_md8goekI6N1rtxen9o1_400.gif

Hahaha no way man

I would do ruger for either a little 22 target pistol/ a vaquero/ or an lcp maybe. Forgot about them.

My only ruger currently is my 10/22

I'll take a ruger revolver any day over a smith and Wesson. I've seen smith and wessons quality drop pretty bad over the past 20 years and from what my dad says it was dropping for many years before that. Even their performance center line is a shadow of its former self and FUCK THOSE BUILT IN LOCKS ON S&W REVOLVERS!!!!.

Rugers are built like tanks and won't get shot and rattled loose by full power ammo like smith and wessons do. I'd take a gp100 any day over a 686 and a RedHawk any day over a 29 or 629.

I'd probably say that smith and Wesson is my least favorite hand gun company currently, no innovation and jacked up prices because of the name.

Only thing I'd get from them would be like a snub nose 38 like a 638 or 642 but even then it would have to be an old model without a built in lock.

Is it wrong that I want a .460 just so that if I ever have a kid that happens to be a girl I can do this?

Have my AR-15 on the table, the AR-10, my Weatherby 30-06, a .375 H&H on the table and one of these in my hand
4991194_01_s_w_460_bone_collector_640.jpg

When the boyfriend first comes over?

Is it wrong that I want a .460 just so that if I ever have a kid that happens to be a girl I can do this?

Have my AR-15 on the table, the AR-10, my Weatherby 30-06, a .375 H&H on the table and one of these in my hand
4991194_01_s_w_460_bone_collector_640.jpg

When the boyfriend first comes over?

I actually bought one of those for my dad awhile back lol. It's a crazy ass piece of metal. It looks pretty cool but it's hardly been used other than blasting a few 200yd targets.

I actually bought one of those for my dad awhile back lol. It's a crazy ass piece of metal. It looks pretty cool but it's hardly been used other than blasting a few 200yd targets.
Well, the whole point of me owning it is to scare the potential daughter's potential boyfriends

Well, the whole point of me owning it is to scare the potential daughter's potential boyfriends

Yeah it would work. I'm even scared of that thing. My dad shoots lots of deer with a revolver, he has a lot of land but there's lots of brush and trees and houses like 2 miles away so he just uses 44 mag and mostly hunts from a stand when he hunts there.

He never buys new stuff and I wanted to surprise him but I could have spent 1/3rd and got him something that he would actually use like a black hawk in 45lc.

I would go with the 357/38 special because it's relatively easy to get a rifle than can use the same ammunition and I think that's cool

Plus, you know, revolvers don't jam

I'll get off your ass about it now. I just love their handguns. Thanks for being a good sport.

Hey not big deal man it's all love for my fellow gun people! It's just a personal thing for me I just don't like how they look & feel but I have friends that love them and as far as I've heard they make a great gun!

For a high priced revolver I say S&W M&P R8. 8 rounds of 357 magnum or 38 special. Costs around $1300. Comes blued with a 5" barrel. My pick for a mid priced revolver would be the Ruger GP100. They come blue or stainless and have different sized barrels. Around $650. A good low priced revolver. Taurus Model 65. Around $400 with a 4" barrel and they also come blue or stainless.

Last edited:
All the guns I mentioned are 357 magnums. Power and versatility.

I would go with the 357/38 special because it's relatively easy to get a rifle than can use the same ammunition and I think that's cool

Plus, you know, revolvers don't jam

Until they do...get a bullet with a bad crimp job and get it unseated from the recoil of other magnum rounds and you've got a problem that isn't going to get sorted out in time to solve your emergency.

For a high priced revolver I say S&W M&P R8. 8 rounds of 357 magnum or 38 special. Costs around $13,000. Comes blued with a 5" barrel. My pick for a mid priced revolver would be the Ruger GP100. They come blue or stainless and have different sized barrels. Around $650. A good low priced revolver. Taurus Model 65. Around $400 with a 4" barrel and they also come blue or stainless.

Gp100s are awesome. I'd never buy a Taurus. Apparently they have gotten better over the past few years but Im still skeptical about their durability with full power magnum loads. Even S&W revolvers don't have as long of a life span if fed enough dullnpower magnums ....rugers on the other hand...you'll never wear one out.

As an owner of a 686 with a six inch barrel -you can't go wrong there. Mines a six shot tho. I wanted something more traditional when I bought it.

On a side note, just purchased an Uberti El Patron single action .45 with a 5.5 barrel in stainless. Competition hammer and springs come stock in it. Can't wait to hit up the range with that bad boy.

Back