Opinion: What's the Scariest Thing That's Happened in the Last Year of Politics?

How powerful, efficient, well planned and horizontal the whole globalization movement is

Politic, key power orgs, mainstream media, social media, society, peoples, information

They're not just winning the game
They own the field, control the rules and have players in both teams

Partisans will be partisan. It would have been the exact same deal with liberals if the situation was reversed. After all, no liberals seemed to have a problem with NBC interfering with the election by carefully timing the release of Trump's "grab em by the pussy" tape.

With that said, I'm not okay with "Russia interfering" with our election but I'm also not against exposing political corruption.

lol, kind of my point. Parasitism > love of country.

I would nver vote for an NDP govt, but would be pissed as fuck with another nation interfered with our election for a con win.

People starting to connect morality with political affiliation. That's a recipe for violent revolutions and civil wars. If you think anyone with an opposing political position is evil, it's natural you need to hurt him. Evil people need to punished after all.

That's what was happening in countries where communists got to power. They were in a state of perma purging.

so you have zero evidence that the russian interference had any impact on voters let alone a significant impact

seriously get your head out of your ass... do you even realize there is a criminal investigation being conducted by the FBI right now regarding russia's suspected collusion in the US election?

multiple intelligence agencies are observing it happen right now in Europe.

You are a vile human being, nothing more can be said about a person who puts partisanship above their country. Winning the elction wasn't enough for you was it? You are gonna get all the policies you wanted presented for legislation and you still deny the fact that your candidate and his campaign has countless red flags being raised regarding russia. People like you should leave this country. You are selfish and dont know the meaning of being an American.

This can be answered in a lot of different ways, obviously: a specific event, a general trend, something you've realized, etc.

For me, the scariest thing the last year has made me realize is how little the electorate requires from a candidate in terms of specific policy information. When I think about the election of Trump, and why it makes me feel so ill at ease, this is the crux of it. The electorate didn't care that he obviously had few-to-no specific plans regarding the most difficult issues (paying for the wall, healthcare, foreign policy, "good jobs," etc.).They just heard the promises, and that was enough. This is really what has caused me to drop my opinion of my fellow Americans more than any specific disagreement- or even many of them.

Curious to hear what others have found to be the most disconcerting occurance of the last year.

This is all a result of the social media and reality TV generation. It's no longer about concrete ideology and policy ideas. Its all about sound bites, and cult of personality.

seriously get your head out of your ass... do you even realize there is a criminal investigation being conducted by the FBI right now regarding russia's suspected collusion in the US election?

multiple intelligence agencies are observing it happen right now in Europe.

You are a vile human being, nothing more can be said about a person who puts partisanship above their country. Winning the elction wasn't enough for you was it? You are gonna get all the policies you wanted presented for legislation and you still deny the fact that your candidate and his campaign has countless red flags being raised regarding russia. People like you should leave this country. You are selfish and dont know the meaning of being an American.
again you are unable to use anything but emotions. how many votes were swayed because of what russia did? can you even give a guess?

again you are unable to use anything but emotions. how many votes were swayed because of what russia did? can you even give a guess?

didn't i tell you to get your head out of your ass?

it has nothing to do with a specific number of votes... it has to do with collusion by the campaign and russia on releasing leaked documents to hurt hillary's campaign. That would be treason and lot's of experts are not liking what they see.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

so why is it it still there?
is this some weird attempt at winning an e arguement by having the last word?

go on dude, you win, even with you being unable to back up the claims you made you win. congratulations!

is this some weird attempt at winning an e arguement by having the last word?

go on dude, you win, even with you being unable to back up the claims you made you win. congratulations!
i told you in my post but you replied before the edit... so yeah go educate yourself because you are going to have more conversations like this in the future when you come around defending people like Putin with your technicality bullshit when there are tons of red flags and given russia's history we can infer what is going on. Not to mention multiple intelligence agencies have confirmed what Russia is up unofficially because of ongoing investigations.

You are seriously a pathetic excuse for an American that you close your eyes to it.

Well as this is mostly US based, I won't comment on my current government. I will say that though, the level of corruption in the pathetic 2 party system is scary, how the Democratic primary went out was ridiculous. I didn't see Donald victory as the end of the world, but looking how his job is undo anything with Obama name on, his win becomes very scary. Oh and You better start paying for expensive vpn if you don't want big brother spying on you.

the entire Phillipines political situation

if it was in a country more people cared about, people'd be losing their minds

Trump is hilter tho

He got the support of like 90% of the populace and his inner circle and cabinet are also abysmal, at the same time he gave the Chinese who is currently the aggressor in the region when it comes to illegally seizing territorial waters permission to conduct surveys in Philippine waters, while at the same time lambasting the USA in numerous speeches.

Just today he went on a swear fest against Media he deemed "Bias".

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/885141/inquirer-reacts-to-dutertes-accusation-of-slanted-reports

But I think the situation in Venezuela is much much much worst, they are eating rats and the military hoarding food while people die.

I say Venezuela is the worst.

Back