Opinion: What's the Scariest Thing That's Happened in the Last Year of Politics?

luckyshot

Nazi Punks Fuck Off
Platinum Member
Reaction score
This can be answered in a lot of different ways, obviously: a specific event, a general trend, something you've realized, etc.

For me, the scariest thing the last year has made me realize is how little the electorate requires from a candidate in terms of specific policy information. When I think about the election of Trump, and why it makes me feel so ill at ease, this is the crux of it. The electorate didn't care that he obviously had few-to-no specific plans regarding the most difficult issues (paying for the wall, healthcare, foreign policy, "good jobs," etc.).They just heard the promises, and that was enough. This is really what has caused me to drop my opinion of my fellow Americans more than any specific disagreement- or even many of them.

Curious to hear what others have found to be the most disconcerting occurance of the last year.

To be honest, the AHCA was pretty shocking. It was mostly standard GOP policy goals, but they usually try to sugar coat the poison a little. Instead, it was pretty much all toxic. Tax cuts for the rich, fucking the poor, handing everything over to "State's rights."

That it bombed so hard is promising, but the fact they thought they could get away with it is disturbing. Also, that they had so long to come up with a real plan and this is the best they could put forward. I severely doubt either party's ability to govern or legislate at this point, they only know how to obstruct.

We as a society debating whether or not grown men should use the same bathroom as little girls.

Realizing just how powerful the media is and how it can shape, mold our opinions and how it can foment these "hot button" issues out of thin air and divide this country.

Liberals exposing their absolute absence of knowledge on practically any substantive issue.

We had these people in charge...

Overall patterns in socioeconomics and demography have gotten scarier and scarier with each passing year as we continue to ignore the complex relationship between third-world baby factories, "free trade" agreements, the subversion/surveillance community and the imminent collapse of the west.

Being scared over the election of a single politician is irrational TV news junkie behavior. Snap out of it. Trump is not going to grab your pussy.

Last edited:
The scariest thing was also the greatest thing: that is, pulling away the wool from so many people's eyes to the Soroses of the world, the globalist control over world affairs, the pedo rings, the engineered refugee crisis, the pro-Islam/anti-straight white Christian man agenda, the fact that Hillary enjoyed healthy support.

It was both a scary and a glorious 2016.

Realizing just how powerful the media is and how it can shape, mold our opinions and how it can foment these "hot button" issues out of thin air and divide this country.
On the other hand despite the main stream media being sold out to Hillary, she lost. That at least was encouraging. But that's because of the internet and radio.

This can be answered in a lot of different ways, obviously: a specific event, a general trend, something you've realized, etc.

For me, the scariest thing the last year has made me realize is how little the electorate requires from a candidate in terms of specific policy information. When I think about the election of Trump, and why it makes me feel so ill at ease, this is the crux of it. The electorate didn't care that he obviously had few-to-no specific plans regarding the most difficult issues (paying for the wall, healthcare, foreign policy, "good jobs," etc.).They just heard the promises, and that was enough. This is really what has caused me to drop my opinion of my fellow Americans more than any specific disagreement- or even many of them.

Curious to hear what others have found to be the most disconcerting occurance of the last year.
This is it for me too. I always knew that the average citizen was uninformed, but this most recent and virulent version of idiocy is quite troubling.

3 way tie

High profile leaks showed we are owned like cattle by the world elites

The left hopping on the neocon bandwagon and becoming pro-war against Russia

Trump likes his very expensive steaks well-done

3 way tie

High profile leaks showed we are owned like cattle by the world elites

The left hopping on the neocon bandwagon and becoming pro-war against Russia

Trump likes his very expensive steaks well-done

I change my answer.

giphy.gif

The actual chance that Hillary could have become president.....that was terrifying.

This is it for me too. I always knew that the average citizen was uninformed, but this most recent and virulent version of idiocy is quite troubling.

It's an interesting thing for a guy who strictly posts 1-2 sentence replies and hot dog gifs to say.

It's an interesting thing for a guy who strictly posts 1-2 sentence replies and hot dog gifs to say.
LOL, you know better than that. Although I suppose it's possible you skip over any post that has more than 2 sentences.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back